• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers is done

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 This post sums it all up perfectly.

The Packers haven't updated their playbook ..... well.......in forever. McCarthy operates on the premise that he's an offensive guru, and that Rodgers will bail him out of bad situations. The problem is that the defenses in the NFL have seen what McCarthy is running with Rodgers for almost 10 years now. There's no wrinkles. There's no surprises. When they had prime Craig Jammings and prime Jordy Nelson, that was ok! They had the ability to get open, make guys miss, whatever, and that was fine. It didn't matter if you knew the play, you had top echelon receivers with a top-tier QB rifling the ball at them.

Randall Cobb is a good receiver. Don't get me wrong. I like Cobb for what he is, but he is not a guy you design your offense around. He's not a playmaker. He's not a Julio Jones or a Randy Moss......or even a Jordy Nelson. Cobb can get you 7 catches for a hundo..... but he's not "The Man". Neither is Davonte Adams. Or Ty Montgomery. These guys are ok, but not great. Not even close. This receiving corps is .....pretty blah. Adams is probably the only guy who has the physicality to create space, but his route running is terrible, and he has shit hands. He COULD be good. COULD be a better receiver, but he has to put the work in.

McCarthy needs to put something new in this playbook, and Thompson has to understand that they don't have playmakers right now. Eddie Lacy is a tank. A RB who runs ..... what? A 12.3 forty? And James Starks is done. Sorry bruh, you're 30 and you're a running back. You're automatically done at that point.

Time for a massive overhaul on the skill position side of things......and FAST, if they want to truly be competitive in the Aaron Rodgers window. And hopefully get a new coach in here who will shake up the playbook, and not be so conservative.

This is right on. A great example of this is James Jones. He couldn't even make the roster of multiple NFL teams but he comes to GB and Rodgers made him look like an elite WR despite him having no separation Rodgers threw him open. Jordy looks done, Devante is a drop machine and to slow with poor route running, Cobb is basically a Golden Tate slot WR and nothing special. We never use Abb/Janis or the new rookie. When we were forced to use Janis and Abb they dominated in the Card game. It's time to get back to the west coast offense with screens, utilizing the TE's, slants and much less power run plays, relying on deep pass patterns, play action fakes do nothing as well.

We need Cook to get healthy fast as he's a legit weapon on offense. him and Montgomery will probably be the best threats on offense. Lacy, Jordy, and Starks look done.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only so much Rodgers could do, and slowly and surely, they lost enough of the average talent to where Rodgers was working with guys whom at best would be carried by #12. It isn't only the lack of ability on the Packers sideline...this also falls on the coaching staff. Everybody who watches the Packers on offense knows the receivers get little to no separation from the DB's, yet it's the same offense run week in, week out.

Based on the pedestrial group Rodgers has to work with, you would think McCarthy would start bunching up receivers to create some confusion and space. You'd think he'd stack them up to spring somebody loose, but it's the same stuff every weekend. No motion...no creative ways to get mismatches...just play them straight up and every defense just plays man...which is a QB's dream come true....or should be.

Rodgers gets man coverage against his targets, which pretty much any QB can pick apart unless you got Hayes and Haynes manning the backfield, or you're trash at QB....and they still shut his receiving corps down.

He's still the best QB in football. He has built enough of a resume, but he isn't without blame. His footwork has been spotty. His arm angle/delivery has been all over the place. His accuracy isn't anywhere near where it could be if he did his own part, and there is a lack of confidence in pulling the trigger.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still the best QB in football.He has built enough of a resume, but he isn't without blame. His footwork has been spotty. His arm angle/delivery has been all over the place. His accuracy isn't anywhere near where it could be if he did his own part, and there is a lack of confidence in pulling the trigger.

No, he's not.

People need to stop making excuses for the guy. Something's wrong with him.

I'm not saying there are not things outside of his control contributing to his mediocre play since the start of last season, but a lot of the issues are with him, and him alone.

He's routinely missing wide open receivers and forcing the ball into double coverage.

His poise and confidence in the pocket is totally gone. That is something that is not easy for a QB to regain once he loses it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not.

Yes, he is.

I don't flutter around like a moth to a flame in this instagram/twitter era where all of a sudden....poof....

No....Aaron Rodgers has firmly established himself as the best QB in football and it's gonna take more than what I've seen lately to displace him. Has he been 'Aaron Rodgers?' No...he's certainly been mechanically off, but his talent around him cannot separate.

He's still the best.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is.

I don't flutter around like a moth to a flame in this instagram/twitter era where all of a sudden....poof....

No....Aaron Rodgers has firmly established himself as the best QB in football and it's gonna take more than what I've seen lately to displace him. Has he been 'Aaron Rodgers?' No...he's certainly been mechanically off, but his talent around him cannot separate.

He's still the best.
Tom Brady is still #1. He has been #1 for like 10 years now.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is.

He's still the best.

He hasn't been close to the best for more than a calendar year now.

Even in his so-called "great game" last night, he averaged less than 6 yards per pass against a shitty defense.

Mechanics are pretty important, not even remotely a side issue, and Rodgers has the "happy feet" now.

He's no longer the QB you seem to think he is. Maybe he'll become that guy again, but he isn't right now.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true but Manning never really had the D to win it all. Once he got D with Denver he won. Packers has had some good Defensive teams but had major Talent on offense through out his career. I agree its not like the NBA but he should of at least made more then 1 super bowl. He has only 1 NFC championship.
How about Tom Brady, then? Since 2008, since Aaron began playing, the Packers have only had two top 10 defenses, while the Patriots have had eight top ten defenses. Yet both only have one Super Bowl ring in that time frame. While the Patriots have been two two other Super Bowls, both teams were derailed by a white-hot Giants team both years. And sure, the Packers have had a better over-all arsenal of offensive weapons, but they've never had a Gronk or a Randy Moss.

Please don't dismiss this by saying that Brady is excused because he won Super Bowls prior to this, because that should actually give him the experience to perform better in playoff games. Same with Belichick. It appears that the Patriots are ruining the twilight of Brady's career.

I guess the Dolphins wasted Marino's career. The Vikings wasted Tarkenton's career. The Saints wasted Brees' career. The Broncos wasted Elway's career until he was 37. The Bills wasted Jim Kelly's career. The Oilers and Vikings wasted Moon's career. So, at least the Packers aren't setting any kind of precedent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Tom Brady, then? Since 2008, since Aaron began playing, the Packers have only had two top 10 defenses, while the Patriots have had eight top ten defenses. Yet both only have one Super Bowl ring in that time frame. While the Patriots have been two two other Super Bowls, both teams were derailed by a white-hot Giants team both years. And sure, the Packers have had a better over-all arsenal of offensive weapons, but they've never had a Gronk or a Randy Moss.

Please don't dismiss this by saying that Brady is excused because he won Super Bowls prior to this, because that should actually give him the experience to perform better in playoff games. Same with Belichick. It appears that the Patriots are ruining the twilight of Brady's career.

I guess the Dolphins wasted Marino's career. The Vikings wasted Tarkenton's career. The Saints wasted Brees' career. The Broncos wasted Elway's career until he was 37. The Bills wasted Jim Kelly's career. The Oilers and Vikings wasted Moon's career. So, at least the Packers aren't setting any kind of precedent.
Very true. Pats have been to 3 super bowls since that time. 3 to 1. Cant compare the 2.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Pats have been to 3 super bowls since that time. 3 to 1. Cant compare the 2.
Just curious if you read everything I wrote above? Although I do need to to correct myself. The Patriots only lost one Super Bowl since Rodgers took the helm. The other season was Favre's last season with the Packers. My point is, the Giants beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game, only to go on to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Thus, it's hardly a stretch to say that, had the Giants been in the AFC, it'd be the Packers that had been in one additional Super Bowl. I do realize that's speculation, but it does make sense.

What is fact is that Brady has had eight top ten defenses, to Rodgers' two. By your logic, even a two to one difference in SB appearances means Brady has under-performed compared to Rodgers.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just does show how amazing Rodgers has been that the past year and change are looking so down for him.

Currently Rodgers is on pace for 40 combined TD's this season. A mark hit only by MVP Cam Newton last season.

Since the start of last season 2 QB's have over 40 passing TD's with fewer than 15 INT's. Brady and Rodgers.

I fully agree he looks to have regressed, as has the play around him. But that's pretty amazing when that is your regression.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no longer the QB you seem to think he is. Maybe he'll become that guy again, but he isn't right now.

Oh he's more or less the same guy as always. Statistically, he hasn't been up to the standards that he has set, and yes....he has a hand in that as I have noted. More importantly is the talent around him, or lack of, given how it's been repeatedly shown how little to no separation the receivers get from defenders.

You see 'happy feet' whereas I see a guy who has stood and maneuvered within the pocket for seconds waiting for someone...anyone to get open. That is the most damning part of it. Opposing defenses are playing man, which every NFL QB wants to face, and Packer receivers can't get any separation while Rodgers waits for an eternity at times for anybody to break free - and it doesn't happen.

If you wish to talk about his play regarding his statistical dropoff, I suggest you look at Tom Brady last year with and without Julian Edelman. Without Edelman, Brady didn't even complete 60% of his throws and his QB rating was below 90. He at least still had Gronkowski, who is most likely the best TE in the game. I don't hold that against Brady, because I know how good he is.....same goes with Rodgers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious if you read everything I wrote above? Although I do need to to correct myself. The Patriots only lost one Super Bowl since Rodgers took the helm. The other season was Favre's last season with the Packers. My point is, the Giants beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game, only to go on to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Thus, it's hardly a stretch to say that, had the Giants been in the AFC, it'd be the Packers that had been in one additional Super Bowl. I do realize that's speculation, but it does make sense.

What is fact is that Brady has had eight top ten defenses, to Rodgers' two. By your logic, even a two to one difference in SB appearances means Brady has under-performed compared to Rodgers.
don't get me wrong I think Rodgers is good I just think he has been a little over rated. 1 super in his career with all those weapons is shocking. There hasn't been any dominate NFC team during his time except maybe seattle the last couple of years.

Again i would take Rodgers in a heart beat. I just think he needs that 2nd Super Bowl just like manning needed it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong I think Rodgers is good I just think he has been a little over rated. 1 super in his career with all those weapons is shocking. There hasn't been any dominate NFC team during his time except maybe seattle the last couple of years.

Again i would take Rodgers in a heart beat. I just think he needs that 2nd Super Bowl just like manning needed it.

It doesn't help when you have the most conservative head coach in the NFL. That 2011 offense was easily the best in GB history and the best in the game but the defense might have been the worst in the NFL. The one time we had the combination of top ten O and D was in 2010. Now our D is finally good but our O is terrible.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help when you have the most conservative head coach in the NFL. That 2011 offense was easily the best in GB history and the best in the game but the defense might have been the worst in the NFL. The one time we had the combination of top ten O and D was in 2010. Now our D is finally good but our O is terrible.
Hey genius, if you recall the 2010 season, Rodgers started off slowly that year also. The D held that team together through the Detroit game, then he got hurt and came back for the Giants game. If they duplicate the results of that year, I'll take it in a heartbeat...no questions asked

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey genius, if you recall the 2010 season, Rodgers started off slowly that year also. The D held that team together through the Detroit game, then he got hurt and came back for the Giants game. If they duplicate the results of that year, I'll take it in a heartbeat...no questions asked
I'm very well aware and it was an amazing turnaround. Many people have been comparing this team to the 2010 team due to the early struggles and many injuries. The difference this year so far is his accuracy (no just based off completion %) is much worse. Also, he had a chemistry with Jennings and Finley unlike any other players on the field today (at least not with the new washed up version of Jordy). Lastly, the run game received a significant boost with a young Starks with fresh legs in the postseason. Can this short passing game with TY COBB at the RB position work long term? I believe so but we all know MM will go back to the rope a dope offense in run run pass when Starks and Lacy comes back. As for our defense I believe the run game is better than what they displayed in the Cowboys game but not as good as they were statistically in the first four games. Our pass defense without Randall has been much better. I'm not sure why he's regressed soo much in his second year. Rollins, and Gunter have been good. I hope Shields and Hawkins might add some depth at the end of the season. Word on the street is both Shields and Lacy are done.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very well aware and it was an amazing turnaround. Many people have been comparing this team to the 2010 team due to the early struggles and many injuries. The difference this year so far is his accuracy (no just based off completion %) is much worse. Also, he had a chemistry with Jennings and Finley unlike any other players on the field today (at least not with the new washed up version of Jordy). Lastly, the run game received a significant boost with a young Starks with fresh legs in the postseason. Can this short passing game with TY COBB at the RB position work long term? I believe so but we all know MM will go back to the rope a dope offense in run run pass when Starks and Lacy comes back. As for our defense I believe the run game is better than what they displayed in the Cowboys game but not as good as they were statistically in the first four games. Our pass defense without Randall has been much better. I'm not sure why he's regressed soo much in his second year. Rollins, and Gunter have been good. I hope Shields and Hawkins might add some depth at the end of the season. Word on the street is both Shields and Lacy are done.

You really mean the voices in your head, right? Don't post like you have inside information, as there is no fucking way on God's green earth that you have any info that anybody else with a functioning brain can't find...so just stop posting like you do...

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really mean the voices in your head, right? Don't post like you have inside information, as there is no fucking way on God's green earth that you have any info that anybody else with a functioning brain can't find...so just stop posting like you do...

I never said I have access to inside information that nobody else does. These are topics of discussion from multiple Packer websites and outsider experts have made these assessments as well. I'm sold that Lacy is gone but Shields might give it one more go.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I have access to inside information that nobody else does. These are topics of discussion from multiple Packer websites and outsider experts have made these assessments as well. I'm sold that Lacy is gone but Shields might give it one more go.
Stop listening to the voices in you're head...they come from a damaged brain

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I've sat in somewhat amazement not one packer fan checked this guy sooner...figured he had to be the village idiot. More I read, confirmation was assured

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I've sat in somewhat amazement not one packer fan checked this guy sooner...figured he had to be the village idiot. More I read, confirmation was assured

Nobody checks me ever. I respond to everything with accurate facts and stats ( as I did with my previous response) while he responds with opinions and ad hominem attacks (like he just did by saying I hear voices, etc). This feeble minded individual actually thought Stave was a competent QB which shows he's lost his marbles if he ever had any.