• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers is done

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that talent GB has had and only 1 super bowl. Nothing special.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you could say that about a lot of teams in the league
I agree with this to a point. Only one team can win every year so its tough. However they have chocked away two really good opportunities.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him done. I would say he is struggling at times but I would put much more of the blame on the scheme and lack of playmakers. McCarthy's scheme needs playmakers to be able to win one-on-one battles and right now the Packers just don't have that. Jordy Nelson I think will get back to being that type of player but he just isn't quite his old self yet.

Right now even if the Packers make the playoffs I would honestly think about a coaching change. Sometimes that is what you need to get things right. Change doesn't always mean success but it is pretty obvious that this team just is not playing to the potential of the talent on the field. And to me when scheme becomes an issue that is on the coaching staff. The scheme is meant to enhance the skills of the player not put all the pressure on the player to have to perform to make it work.

WTF.........the voice of reason?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this to a point. Only one team can win every year so its tough. However they have chocked away two really good opportunities.

They have, the Seattle disaster was there year, and that IMO was Ring #2

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...Favre and company should have won more titles, too. The issue isn't the quaterback, it's why does a town of only 100,000 have a football team in the first place. The Packers should be contracted or moved to Queens

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, you could say that about a lot of teams in the league

It's hard just to get back to the SB.....much less repeat.

Just ask Carolina. They'd love to just get back to the SB at this point.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...Favre and company should have won more titles, too. The issue isn't the quaterback, it's why does a town of only 100,000 have a football team in the first place. The Packers should be contracted or moved to Queens

And yet you Will have a CHEESEburger for Lunch!

Shame You I Say!

Shame!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not be a huge market but they are devout and support the team...better than most.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With one or two exceptions, every NFL team wishes their QB was as "done" as Aaron Rodgers.

We got some real idiots up in here huh.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you Will have a CHEESEburger for Lunch!

Shame You I Say!

Shame!

LIES! Damned lies!

I will insist that they use NEW YORK SHARP cheddar...not that bastard queso from Dairytown

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not be a huge market but they are devout and support the team...better than most.

I'm just trolling Dairytown...I actually love the ownership model they use instead of having one rich asshole family control the team, like so many others

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he's not necessarily done. Confidence is a weird thing for QB's. Guy I covered for years here in town, would see-saw from series to series sometimes. When he'd get happy feet and start throwing off his back foot, he was awful. Get his mechanics back and start striding into throws, MVP type player.

Saw a three year swing (as an aging vet) where people were writing him off as out of the league, to Grey Cup MVP.

Would Rogers be open to a sports psychologist?

In this day and age I think most teams have a guy like that on staff. I know in baseball it's all the rage now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but when you are talking about great u would think more then 1 super bowl would be the standard in todays NFL.
That's more a decriptor of how derpy fans are when evaluating QB's. I could kinda get it in the NBA, but it doesn't fly in the NFL no matter how hard we try. Brees is an excellent example of why multiple SB's should never be any kind of standard, for well, anything. Conversely, the same goes for Eli Manning.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him done. I would say he is struggling at times but I would put much more of the blame on the scheme and lack of playmakers. McCarthy's scheme needs playmakers to be able to win one-on-one battles and right now the Packers just don't have that. Jordy Nelson I think will get back to being that type of player but he just isn't quite his old self yet.

Right now even if the Packers make the playoffs I would honestly think about a coaching change. Sometimes that is what you need to get things right. Change doesn't always mean success but it is pretty obvious that this team just is not playing to the potential of the talent on the field. And to me when scheme becomes an issue that is on the coaching staff. The scheme is meant to enhance the skills of the player not put all the pressure on the player to have to perform to make it work.

Largely agree

I am not sure how anyone can watch Rodgers right now and come to the conclusion he is "done." That arm is fine, he can plant his leg when he wants to, and and he can move. He's definitely not all there accuracy wise which makes me think he's operating outside of his usual mechanics. It's true he seldom plants properly, and is even in the air often times, but truth be told he has always done that so that's only half true.

The scheme doesn't really help the players really at all. I'm honestly surprised any serious WCO could be run like the Packers run it. It's kind of akin to just running ISO basketball every drive and then blaming the point guard when it doesn't work in crunch time. It's incredibly unimaginative at every level right now. The routes don't compliment each other, they don't allow the players to compliment each other, and they definitely don't have the players to make such an offense worth their time. Jordy Nelson when he was right could maybe get away with it with Rodgers, and often they did. Randall Cobb? Naw, just stop right there. Ditto with Montgomery, Janis, other random JAGS here. Even last night Rodgers' YPA was under 6, that's usually pretty terrible.

The OL is still really good, I still don't like the interior as much as say PFF would, but overall it's still pretty solid. So that's not really the problem which should be a good sign.

The bigger problem is the talent at the skill positions is very average, and actually defecient in several spots, especially RB going forward. Not every team will be the Bears. Even if you run good route combos, the WR's just aren't that good right now. Nelson may or may not get back to full go, I don't think so, but it's a possibility down the line. Rodgers has to throw guys open, and not throw at the receivers which is quite a bit easier to do snap to snap. Not every play must be a big play to be effective.

As a result of schematic and talent defeciencies, Rodgers has had to overcompensate too much and his "typical" mechanics are out of whack. Those off base throws are very easy to mess up and lead to a lot of bad outcomes if the QB is even a little off; there's a reason 9/10 times an off base throw is criticized. The bad news is that isn't an easy fix and I'm going to bet that's going to continue the rest of the season. The good news is I think the problem is fixable, it just means installing a new offense and playcaller, which means firing Mike McCarthy. May need a different voice to come after him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more a decriptor of how derpy fans are when evaluating QB's. I could kinda get it in the NBA, but it doesn't fly in the NFL no matter how hard we try. Brees is an excellent example of why multiple SB's should never be any kind of standard, for well, anything. Conversely, the same goes for Eli Manning.
I disagree, when u have had as much talent as Rodgers has had he should of won more then 1.