• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAF appears done

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No potential nfl caliber player ( the type who need development ) is going to risk playing a full contact sport for no money . You can't have a minor leagues in a sport like football . Guys are better off training on their own and trying to catch on than they are blowing out their knee for 8k a year. Even a real developmental league like the G league loses it's best players to Europe and that's in a sport where injury is far less likely
No money? 8K/y? The average minor league baseball player makes $80k/y. The average minor league hockey player makes $55k/y. The average G-League basketball player makes about $35K/y base with another 44k/y in possible bonuses.

Given how big of a business the NFL is and football in general, it would be plenty reasonable to expect entry-level 18-20-year-old "prospects" could directly pocket $50k/y instead of pocketing $0k/y playing in NCAA. I'd expect quite a few prospects would be interested in the former over the latter.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel just tweeted.

Told players expecting any money that it won’t happen and lawsuits will be worthless

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No money? 8K/y? The average minor league baseball player makes $80k/y. The average minor league hockey player makes $55k/y. The average G-League basketball player makes about $35K/y base with another 44k/y in possible bonuses.

Given how big of a business the NFL is and football in general, it would be plenty reasonable to expect entry-level 18-20-year-old "prospects" could directly pocket $50k/y instead of pocketing $0k/y playing in NCAA. I'd expect quite a few prospects would be interested in the former over the latter.
Those sports also have way smaller rosters than a football team and those guys are almost always guys drafted by a team and supplied with signing bonuses ( especially baseball ). I think you'd be hard pressed to find nfl teams willing to shell out 2.65 million bucks plus operating costs on guys who can't even make practice squads

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel just tweeted.

Told players expecting any money that it won’t happen and lawsuits will be worthless
That dude has been taking Ls left and right lately.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck do you start a league and not have enough money to finish the season? Total bullshit imo. League was blah but still unacceptable

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sports also have way smaller rosters than a football team and those guys are almost always guys drafted by a team and supplied with signing bonuses ( especially baseball ). I think you'd be hard pressed to find nfl teams willing to shell out 2.65 million bucks plus operating costs on guys who can't even make practice squads
NFL teams routinely eat >$2.65M to cut one overpaid player they don't want on their team anymore.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you realize Brock Osweiler lasted longer as the starting quarterback for the Houston Texans than the AAF lasted as a league.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AAF failed because they didn't have the money to keep it going and pay their players, something Vince and the XFL don't have to worry about. Hell Vince just sold enough WWE stock to add another $250 millon to the league because he can and has the money, plus that's just extra of what he already added previously.

While the AAF wasn't great on the field if they had the money they would've at least been ok. The XFL wont have that issue because A, like I said Vince already has enough money and B, look at how many players are available now that the AAF has folded. The XFL already has people on their roster so now that you can just take the good AAF players and make your roster better that is just another plus for the XFL.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shoot horses don't they?

The NFL off season is to make you miss it.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Football all year long is too much. Especially shitty football.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shoot horses don't they?

The NFL off season is to make you miss it.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Football all year long is too much. Especially shitty football.
I’ve got college basketball, the NBA, the NHL, Champions League soccer, the Premier League, and the start of MLB during the ideal operating months for the AAF and the XFL.

Bad football is not high on my list.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AAF failed because they didn't have the money to keep it going and pay their players, something Vince and the XFL don't have to worry about. Hell Vince just sold enough WWE stock to add another $250 millon to the league because he can and has the money, plus that's just extra of what he already added previously.

While the AAF wasn't great on the field if they had the money they would've at least been ok. The XFL wont have that issue because A, like I said Vince already has enough money and B, look at how many players are available now that the AAF has folded. The XFL already has people on their roster so now that you can just take the good AAF players and make your roster better that is just another plus for the XFL.

Well said.

Age old story... what’s the number one reason most new businesses fail? Undercapitalization

This was no different.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vince has money, but it doesn't mean he can afford to lose tens of millions a year like this Dundon cat just did in a matter of weeks.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince has money, but it doesn't mean he can afford to lose tens of millions a year like this Dundon cat just did in a matter of weeks.

I mean even with losing some money the AAF would love to have $500 million.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he AAF was too similar to the NFL only very much lesser quality. If the XFl can make the game faster more people would be open to it since it'll go by quicker.

D3GfJcPXQAEqIkT.jpg:large

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring football is never going to fly. If an upstart league wants to be considered legit its going to have to try and succeed during football season.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is b.s

i already ordered my "John Wolford for AAF MVP" t-shirt