• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AAF appears done

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched about 15 minutes worth of one game out of curiosity. Meh is an overstatement, lol.

Same. I also don't need football year around especially when it is not close to good as the NFL.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this league can't make it work, not sure what hope the xfl has. Unless vince is willing to just shovel loads of cash in for a few years.

Vince didn't learn his lesson last time, I'll happily laugh at him when he fails all over again.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this league couldn’t bring pro football viewers or money using cities not already occupied by NFL teams, does Vince really believe NYC, LA, Seattle, Houston and Dallas fans are going to give two shits about his league that starts right after the Super Bowl?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this league couldn’t bring pro football viewers or money using cities not already occupied by NFL teams, does Vince really believe NYC, LA, Seattle, Houston and Dallas fans are going to give two shits about his league that starts right after the Super Bowl?

That's the problem.

Give us some time to miss football.

Start the season in mid April or so.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way for these leagues to make it is to pay huge dollars to try and lure real college stars to play for them . It's what the USFl did and it worked until they got greedy . If they hadnt overplayed their hand too early they would've probably earned a merger . No one gives a shit about a developmental league . It's why no one watched minor league baseball or hockey or the G league

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way another league works is if it's linked to the NFL, like a development/minor league.

Right now nobody has any attachment or incentive to watch. But if there was some benefit to your NFL team that changes things.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably by being gimmicky like the old XFL. Leagues like the AAF and UFL failed because it was just simply too much like the NFL with worse players.

I thought the AAF had a chance as a sort of NFL minor league. Maybe as a league where kids who couldn't handle the academic side of college could go, develop, and potentially be drafted. The problem is you need to be able to operate at a loss for at least a few years until the fanbase develops. You can't expect the league to turn a profit or break even in the first year or two.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem.

Give us some time to miss football.

Start the season in mid April or so.

Yep. Start in April and wrap by June or July right before nfl starts going

Then you can play in colder weather cities also.

They had the right idea tying it into college teams the next league should go further with it or get the nfl on board.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes you wonder if college football would be good if people weren't loyal to their schools first???

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leagues like this don't succeed as developmental leagues . They survive as direct competition . AFL, ABA, USFL all had great success in varying forms. No one gives up a fuck about minor leagues . You need 8 well known owners with a shit ton of cash and then you need to capitalize on the NFL rookie cap and pay the college kids wayyyy more than they can make under their rookie deals. You sign as many of them as you can , get a TV deal and then try to hold on until the league gains traction . After that you're really just treading water until you get bought out by the NFL or get a merger. Everything else is doomed to fail from the jump

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this league can't make it work, not sure what hope the xfl has. Unless vince is willing to just shovel loads of cash in for a few years.

Not for nothing, but at least the XFL was able to make it through a full season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leagues like this don't succeed as developmental leagues . They survive as direct competition . AFL, ABA, USFL all had great success in varying forms. No one gives up a fuck about minor leagues . You need 8 well known owners with a shit ton of cash and then you need to capitalize on the NFL rookie cap and pay the college kids wayyyy more than they can make under their rookie deals. You sign as many of them as you can , get a TV deal and then try to hold on until the league gains traction . After that you're really just treading water until you get bought out by the NFL or get a merger. Everything else is doomed to fail from the jump

I strongly disagree... I thought the problem was the opposite... that they tried to hard to compete... the tv deals, the money, the whatever...

If it was purely a developmental league, it would not have lost so much money in advertising and wouldn't be so dependent on fan acceptance...

What these leagues need are also gimmicks... AAF had nothing... it was basically targeted to football lovers only... but when the talent being put out is worse than college football teams, you are not going to get the casual fans without gimmicks...

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chaney Family LOVES the AAF, and fully supports it!
Guys, it isn't going anywhere. It is just getting started! Trust me on this one.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the AAF had a chance as a sort of NFL minor league. Maybe as a league where kids who couldn't handle the academic side of college could go, develop, and potentially be drafted. The problem is you need to be able to operate at a loss for at least a few years until the fanbase develops. You can't expect the league to turn a profit or break even in the first year or two.

So why did they never highlight that aspect of the league? I'll tell you why....because they were never trying to market themselves as an NFL minor league.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. I liked the league.

The XFL won't make it if the AAF didn't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. I liked the league.

The XFL won't make it if the AAF didn't.

we will see... I am sure the xfl is going to do things differently... hopefully they can do better...