• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A post dedicated to WVU Dad

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a kid is in the running for the Heisman your not sitting him down..
YUP, hell with the team next year......Holgorsen's mentality all in on last year, hell with the future. Only a complete fool would think Grier had any shot at the Heisman

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Do we have one of the dumbest fucking football fans in the country on our board... or what?

How much PT did Austin Kendall get last year playing for OU.

Get a fucking clue...

Cx-jTpnWEAAaZfw.jpg

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YUP, hell with the team next year......Holgorsen's mentality all in on last year, hell with the future. Only a complete fool would think Grier had any shot at the Heisman
Why would he care about next year if he’s not going to be here? Why would one of his recruits come here if he’s not here? That’s what is stupid.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are really bad at this point:

130 d1 football teams.

WVU is 123 in scoring, last in average rush, 127 in first downs, last in red Zone attempts with just 1, not a single run of 10 yards yet, 126 in TFL allowed.

Lack of strong legs have us at 90 for punting and 120 for kickoffs. Even though overall I think our special teams have been better?

Total defense is 63. 112 against the run but 24 on the pass. More due to teams played than solid pass D.

53 in turnover margin.

34 in defensive TFL. 31 in defensive red zone TDs allowed.

This will be a bad team until they fix the interior offensive line. We can’t have three interior o lineman being pushed into the backfield by 2 d lineman which is what Missouri did. We can’t have the other team putting 2 guys on McKivitz. One time Missouri had 3 guys lined up on McKivitz.

I would move Sills back to left guard where he did very well last season. The center and RG changes they have tried did not work. I know that puts McKivitz and Sills next to each other but that creates a strength. Current RG Brown is a strong guy but he just misses too many assignments. He needs to be a backup this year or at least rotate. I’m not sure what to do at center. behrndt is there now but he sucks and he sucked at RG this season and last. RG has been an abortion for 2 seasons. It doesn’t matter who your RB or WR are if your o line is in the backfield.

And our QB has to hit WR when they are 1 on 1 down field. That can ease up the box.

WVU does have 2 verbal commits on the o line that are heavily recruited and an exciting dual threat QB but they won’t be here until 2020 if they sign.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there are 3 lineman. I forgot about the Fairmont guy that had V tech and Stanford after him.

WVU has 19 scholarship seniors. You have to imagine Allison will leave. Plus there are redshirt juniors that will likely grad transfer after this season if they lose playing time to open up more spots for recruits. Possibly Behrndt, Thimons, Haskins, Sandwisch, Mahone, Kamara, Long, Benton, Simmons. WVU should be able to sign a full 25 and add grad transfers.

Some of those guys are starting now but NB gave them a chance in spring, fall camp, and the first 2 games. Now it looks like they are giving the young guys a chance.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Grier finish 4th in HT voting...how is that perceived as not having a chance? Or a fools attempt at winning the HT? Some things never change :L

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he care about next year if he’s not going to be here? Why would one of his recruits come here if he’s not here? That’s what is stupid.
Are you saying that Holgorsen was planning on leaving regardless of how last season went? That he would have left had the team not lost to OSU or ou? .........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Grier finish 4th in HT voting...how is that perceived as not having a chance? Or a fools attempt at winning the HT? Some things never change :L
Any chance he may have had went out the window in the iast game.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last regular season game? You're thinking Dana was out the window for the OU game?

If he wins the OU game, he's in the CCG. He is playing in a NY6 Bowl.

No... he wanted to stay at Morgantown with a friendly extension in bonus and guaranteed salary. If he didn't get it from Shane and Gordon, then he would try to get it somewhere else.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can’t say I follow your thought process on this one...if he is in the running up and until the last game that means DH used him correctly which I thought your argument was we should have pulled him early in games previous. (Which probably wouldn’t have given him a chance at all)

Doesn’t matter onward and upward.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading DC’s response... I see DAD’s post was about Will Grier.

My bad...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading DC’s response... I see DAD’s post was about Will Grier.

My bad...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa state game, not last game

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that Holgorsen was planning on leaving regardless of how last season went? That he would have left had the team not lost to OSU or ou? .........

I think it was a strong possibility...I know now that desire to take the TT job was real...again as BBW said the relationship with Lyon's was lukewarm at best..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not saying that at all. We all knew if he didn’t make the CCG he was on his way out the door per No Balls. Would you work for a person who didn’t want you there? Less you forget the bogus “new trend” that all the college football programs were doing by placing assistant coaches on 1 year contracts? Lyin’ Shane Lyons at his finest. Funny how he went straight to a 6 year contract for HCNB. He is down to 5 years. I wish him luck and wish Luck was still at the helm. Has anybody seen No Balls State of the Athletic Department Address? A construction update? His vision for the sports program? Just a glimpse?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa state game, not last game

No way, two weeks later he had his HT moment when beating Texas, no way his chances were over at Iowa St. 5-1 not taking you out of running.

I am not even a Grier fan, but most HT winners have a down game.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win the HT, WVU would have had to make and probably win the CCG. Had he beat HT winner Kyler Murray twice he had a decent chance even with the Iowa State blip.

My opinion is that Holgs was out the door no matter what happened last year. That was his best team he had since his first year (Stew and RR recruits). Half the fan base did not want him, the AD did not want him, Gee did not want him. If he makes the CCG, he gets a P5 offer and leaves, if he sucked, he had his old friend in Houston to give him a landing spot. No way does he stay in WV with this team.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win the HT, WVU would have had to make and probably win the CCG. Had he beat HT winner Kyler Murray twice he had a decent chance even with the Iowa State blip.

My opinion is that Holgs was out the door no matter what happened last year. That was his best team he had since his first year (Stew and RR recruits). Half the fan base did not want him, the AD did not want him, Gee did not want him. If he makes the CCG, he gets a P5 offer and leaves, if he sucked, he had his old friend in Houston to give him a landing spot. No way does he stay in WV with this team.

Not sure I can disagree with your sentiment...probably right in the end....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, two weeks later he had his HT moment when beating Texas, no way his chances were over at Iowa St. 5-1 not taking you out of running.

I am not even a Grier fan, but most HT winners have a down game.

Grier lost the HT when he came to WVU...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grier lost the HT when he came to WVU...

That's pretty funny!!

'If' we play the 'what if' game... 'what if' Will didn't take supplements on a banned list while at UF? He helped the team go out to a 6-0 record to start the season as a RS FR. They finished 10-4. While he may have helped them win 1-2 more games that year... his stats were not going to be Heisman worthy.

His HC... not the one who recruited him... the one who pushed him out of the UF program... McElwain... was fired during what would have been his RS JR season after a 3-4 start. Certainly... some close losses in the '17 season... Will may have been a difference maker.

'If' Will doesn't get suspended by the NCAA, is Jim McElwain still the coach at UF?

In no way does Will elevate his game to the level of Baker Mayfield there. UF simply didn't have the talent around him to produce the numbers one needs to be a HT winner.

'If' Will doesn't transfer to WVU in '15, does Shane let Dana go? One of the reasons Dana was extended the next year was the future prospects for the team with a QB like Will for the next 1-2 years.