• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A post dedicated to WVU Dad

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this year’s roster...

McKivitz considered early entry to the NFL draft. He is on next year’s radar.

Simms has NFL speed at WR.

Sills is NFL ready at Guard.

Dante Stills looks like he’s a future NFL draft pick. His brother may continue to develop into one as well.

Kenny Robinson was All-Conference as FS. He may end up an NFL guy.

We have the following 4 star kids ready to start action for us...

Cowan... transfer from Bama.
Alston - crazy good at DE.
DreShun Miller - big time CB.
Kwantel Raines
Derrek Pitts

Look at our RB Corps. Look at our QB room. Depth...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this year’s roster...

McKivitz considered early entry to the NFL draft. He is on next year’s radar. agree with you there

Simms has NFL speed at WR. has speed, but jury is still out if he is nfl capable how does he match up against Tavon or Steadman?

Sills is NFL ready at Guard. not quite sure about this, he needs more
development

Dante Stills looks like he’s a future NFL draft pick. His brother may continue to develop into one as well. Agree they have good pedigree

Kenny Robinson was All-Conference as FS. He may end up an NFL guy. no doubt our best returning defender.

We have the following 4 star kids ready to start action for us...

Cowan... transfer from Bama. None of these guys have played a down time will tell
Alston - crazy good at DE.
DreShun Miller - big time CB.
Kwantel Raines
Derrek Pitts

Look at our RB Corps. Look at our QB room. Depth...
RB corps is deep, but unless one steps up and dominates, I see no NFL picks here. QB room has 1 combined start. Compare to two year starter Geno Smith.

I still prefer Dana's first year roster.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB corps is deep, but unless one steps up and dominates, I see no NFL picks here. QB room has 1 combined start. Compare to two year starter Geno Smith.

I still prefer Dana's first year roster.

No doubt. Many of the kids Dana started with were brought to WVU under Rich. Others were attracted to WVU because of the legacy that Rich built.

Look at this list of ‘07 Commits. Look at the individual rating for each kid.

https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/Season/2007-Football/Commits/

The team that Dana took to the Big 12 was sorely lacking quality depth as I’ve shown.

Neal Brown is in a much better place after the work Dana did building WVU into a Big 12 power.

Look at the rating of each kid brought in last year under Dana...

West Virginia 2019 Football Commits

As I posted earlier... it ain’t even close...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTEMt="bbwvfan, post: 13194198, member: 6439"]Look at this bust of a class... Billy’s last one as HC...

West Virginia 2010 Football Commits

That’s what
Look at this bust of a class... Billy’s last one as HC...

That’s what Dana inherited...

That class may have been hurt by the HCIW announcement and the imminent replacement of HCBS. Even with that the class was ranked #32 included a future first round pick, was #6 in the conference and had an average rating of .8646.

Compare that to 2019 where HCDH produced the #49 class ranked #7 in the B12 and an average rating of .8578.

Granted the 2010 class was not full, but that seemed to work into the strengths of HCDHs recruiting. He had room to add quality JC depth such as the White brothers, Will Grier, etc. the space allowed Dana to bring in guys that were more suited to his game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTEMt="bbwvfan, post: 13194198, member: 6439"]Look at this bust of a class... Billy’s last one as HC...

That’s what

That class may have been hurt by the HCIW announcement and the imminent replacement of HCBS. Even with that the class was ranked #32 included a future first round pick, was #6 in the conference and had an average rating of .8646.

Compare that to 2019 where HCDH produced the #49 class ranked #7 in the B12 and an average rating of .8578.

Granted the 2010 class was not full, but that seemed to work into the strengths of HCDHs recruiting. He had room to add quality JC depth such as the White brothers, Will Grier, etc. the space allowed Dana to bring in guys that were more suited to his game.

You totally missed the point.

The 2010 class was Billy’s class put together before the ‘10 season... his last as HC. The 2011 recruiting class was impacted by the news that Billy was a lame duck.

Look at the number of recruits that did not make it... did not last at WVU.

Jeremy Johnson. 4 star QB. Ended up at University of Charleston (WV) by time he was a SR.
Barry Brunetti. 4 star QB. Transferred to Ole Miss where he was a career backup.

Ivan McCartney. 4 star WR. Head case. Big time bust.

Mike Dorsey. Left after SO year.
Troy Gloster. Left after SO year.

List of who the fuck are they...
Quadra Forte
Quantavious Leslie
Trey Johnson
Dante Chambers

You know... this is like having a back and forth with DAD. I’m having all kinds of what the fuck moments... like... how can anyone truly believe Dana had a full cupboard moment...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You totally missed the point.

The 2010 class was Billy’s class put together before the ‘10 season... his last as HC. The 2011 recruiting class was impacted by the news that Billy was a lame duck.

Look at the number of recruits that did not make it... did not last at WVU.

Jeremy Johnson. 4 star QB. Ended up at University of Charleston (WV) by time he was a SR.
Barry Brunetti. 4 star QB. Transferred to Ole Miss where he was a career backup.

Ivan McCartney. 4 star WR. Head case. Big time bust.

Mike Dorsey. Left after SO year.
Troy Gloster. Left after SO year.

List of who the fuck are they...
Quadra Forte
Quantavious Leslie
Trey Johnson
Dante Chambers

You know... this is like having a back and forth with DAD. I’m having all kinds of what the fuck moments... like... how can anyone truly believe Dana had a full cupboard moment...
I must honor the opinions of that whom this thread is dedicated to.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of interest to me, Chris Anderson... who owns WVU’s 247 site... posted information today that backs up my claim.

He said Coach Stewart was the worst roster manager he had ever seen. When Dana took over, he had about 50 scholarship players.

Dana was able to get the roster numbers up quickly due to rules on scholarship offers at the time. Dana was hurt by transfers the last couple of years which has our current roster in the upper 70’s in terms of scholarship players.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of interest to me, Chris Anderson... who owns WVU’s 247 site... posted information today that backs up my claim.

He said Coach Stewart was the worst roster manager he had ever seen. When Dana took over, he had about 50 scholarship players.

Dana was able to get the roster numbers up quickly due to rules on scholarship offers at the time. Dana was hurt by transfers the last couple of years which has our current roster in the upper 70’s in terms of scholarship players.

Overall numbers were low, but the quality of players were high. This actually played well into the strength of Dana’s recruiting of JC talent and free agent transfers. Those 50 made the best roster that Dana ever had. By the time he lost to Kansas and Iowa State, he had his own players in place.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this is like a soap opera on here...

We have talked about this at length and put together very detailed and informative post.

HCBS had high ranked classes on paper where if you look over 50% of the class never stepped foot on campus.

DH did a good job here, he won with all kinds of guys and different approaches. I guess wearing the wrong color shirt was just to much for people to get over!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this is like a soap opera on here...

We have talked about this at length and put together very detailed and informative post.

HCBS had high ranked classes on paper where if you look over 50% of the class never stepped foot on campus.

DH did a good job here, he won with all kinds of guys and different approaches. I guess wearing the wrong color shirt was just to much for people to get over!
C'mon DC. The cupboards are bare. Dana didn't leave anything. There is no depth. Players are inexperienced. The line sucks, but that's Dana's fault. HCBS left a ton of good players for Dana. HCNB instituted discipline that Dana's teams lacked. The players are cleaning the weight room instead of using the weights.At least their lockers are clean.

I'll chalk up the first HCNB season as a loss. Hopefully I'm wrong but I turned to the Army - Michigan game when this game was 17 - 0.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon DC. The cupboards are bare. Dana didn't leave anything. There is no depth. Players are inexperienced. The line sucks, but that's Dana's fault. HCBS left a ton of good players for Dana. HCNB instituted discipline that Dana's teams lacked. The players are cleaning the weight room instead of using the weights.At least their lockers are clean.

I'll chalk up the first HCNB season as a loss. Hopefully I'm wrong but I turned to the Army - Michigan game when this game was 17 - 0.

Is it a coaches duty to leave talent behind for the next guy? Dana won with the guys he inherited and he won with guys he brought in...so the book is shut on him IM(most humble)O.

As far as the weight room crap that is for the old guys, with that being said Dana did nothing to make me think he ran a Wild West program. By the way do any of you think Haskins would be playing now if Dana was here, he definitely didn’t let players on the field that would have helped him if he looked the other way.

Let’s go!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a coaches duty to leave talent behind for the next guy? Dana won with the guys he inherited and he won with guys he brought in...so the book is shut on him IM(most humble)O.

As far as the weight room crap that is for the old guys, with that being said Dana did nothing to make me think he ran a Wild West program. By the way do any of you think Haskins would be playing now if Dana was here, he definitely didn’t let players on the field that would have helped him if he looked the other way.

Let’s go!
Couldn't agree anymore. I believe in discipline but none of what was being reported (color of shirt, wearing a hat, cleaning the weight room, cleaning your locker) did not translate onto the field today. Maybe they wore the wrong color shirt.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t tell me none of you looked at HCNB shirt “oh no here we go again”

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a coaches duty to leave talent behind for the next guy?
Holgorsen was going to be the "next guy" he left the cupboard bare for himself, he realized the lack of experience and talent he had for this year and bolted. He was touted as a QB guy, but did not even have a QB for this year in the works.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen was going to be the "next guy" he left the cupboard bare for himself, he realized the lack of experience and talent he had for this year and bolted. He was touted as a QB guy, but did not even have a QB for this year in the works.

He knew he was leaving...why would he? He was never the next guy it seems as more reports came out..hell many of us on the board predicted this exact thing happening...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Allison..Trey Lowe

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like there are more people blaming Holgerson for our lack of quality players. This year would be bad no matter who the coach is.

We started out with a depleted roster, followed by transfers of some of our starters leaving us little at crucial positions.

Does not matter what you are trying to achieve on offense if you cannot block out an FCS team. I think that our center Jones may have been the most pivotal transfer.

I think I may be winning my empty cupboard debate with BBW

on the bright side
This could have been Doc Holliday's 10th year as HC for WVU