• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A post dedicated to WVU Dad

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson was accepted there. After touring many campuses, the last being James Madison, he has chosen West Virginia. He is a senior at a high school in Hagerstown, Maryland and lives just over the border in Pennsylvania. So it’s about a three hour trip from home. I understand that the mountains can be a challenge in the winter. Right now anyway, he is talking about law school down the road there. But that’s a long way off and he could change his mind. We understand that law school tuition for out of state is the same as for in state. He and his mother attended the North Carolina State game there the other weekend and loved it. They were very impressed by the campus. I may have to become a fan.

Welcome to the family!

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, looks like a good school. At least they are in a different conference than Miami, as I root there also. My son is a graduate there. Looks like they have work with the football program there.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It spoke volumes a few years ago when urban Meyer told in his presser that he was glad it was Baylor and not Oklahoma.....watching osu and Baylor both win, osu moved up, Baylor moved down, Oklahoma would not have dropped, the committee is just as biased as any other human poll.

OU would never have played the pathetic OOC schedule that BU played.

With our new system... it all matters.

That wasn’t a case of bias, it was a message sent.... if you want to be a top dog... act like one. Like you always say... prove it on the field. BU didn’t even try...

They still don’t....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, looks like a good school. At least they are in a different conference than Miami, as I root there also. My son is a graduate there. Looks like they have work with the football program there.

Welcome Dusty!

My in-laws live just outside Hagerstown in a small town called Funkstown. I’m heading down 81 today on my way to the game... dropping the dogs off at the in-laws.

Yes... the drive across the mountains of Western Md can get a little dicey... but, IMO... the drive across 68 is one of the most beautiful drives in the country.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU would never have played the pathetic OOC schedule that BU played.

With our new system... it all matters.

That wasn’t a case of bias, it was a message sent.... if you want to be a top dog... act like one. Like you always say... prove it on the field. BU didn’t even try...

They still don’t....
Strange that they were rated ABOVE OSU the week prior..........THEN dropped, if the OOC schedule was what kept them out, why were they rated that high THAT week? Bias, just as Meyer said, pure and simple.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that they were rated ABOVE OSU the week prior..........THEN dropped, if the OOC schedule was what kept them out, why were they rated that high THAT week? Bias, just as Meyer said, pure and simple.

Who did tOSU beat the last week of the season?

Who did BU beat?

How many top 25 wins did each school end up with? Like you always say... earn it by beating good teams on the field.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did tOSU beat the last week of the season?

Who did BU beat?

How many top 25 wins did each school end up with? Like you always say... earn it by beating good teams on the field.
So Baylor had the resume to be #3 with one game left in the season, but not enough to stay above #6 after the final game?????? Bias, pure and simple. Had Oklahoma or texas been in the exact position, they go to the "playoffs " and ohio state doesn't, just as Meyer said...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Baylor had the resume to be #3 with one game left in the season, but not enough to stay above #6 after the final game?????? Bias, pure and simple. Had Oklahoma or texas been in the exact position, they go to the "playoffs " and ohio state doesn't, just as Meyer said...

The point is Baylor cooked themselves, if they had scheduled one power five, one group of five to go along with them fcs teams, there wouldn't have been debate, keep in mind the Big12 didn't help by not naming a champion that year ethier, everyone knew who won the head to head between the two teams, but the Big12 said they were co-champs, left it up to the committee, well the committee decided for them....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is Baylor cooked themselves, if they had scheduled one power five, one group of five to go along with them fcs teams, there wouldn't have been debate, keep in mind the Big12 didn't help by not naming a champion that year ethier, everyone knew who won the head to head between the two teams, but the Big12 said they were co-champs, left it up to the committee, well the committee decided for them....
AS I SAID, IF it was their OOC schedule that kept them out, HOW were they ranked #3 by the committee the prior week, then dropped to #6?? The committee, which is just another name for a human poll, showed the same bias as the AP and coaches poll toward the name teams.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really simple. BU wasn’t ranked #3 before the last game was played. The #3 team was TCU. BU was ranked behind tOSU heading into the last week of the season.

The Ohio St played #13 Wisky and kicked ass. BU lost a top 25 game that weekend when Okie St defeated OU.

It isn’t that hard to understand.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that was largely on the conference for not naming a single champion.