• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A post dedicated to WVU Dad

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'What if' Will takes the banned substance... gets pushed out of the UF program... transfers to the Ohio St? We know from Will's article/interview in Bleacher Report that Urban Meyer recruited him the hardest.

Does Will beat out JT Barrett? Urban must have seen something in Will's passing abilities to think he'd make his offense go. But, JT had been the starter since late in the '15 season.

'If' Will beats out JT, does he push tOSU to the playoffs in '17? Do the Buckeyes beat OU lead by the HT winner Baker... instead of watching Baker plant the OU flag at midfield? Does he win the Heisman as a Buckeye?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'What if' Will takes the banned substance... gets pushed out of the UF program... transfers to the Ohio St? We know from Will's article/interview in Bleacher Report that Urban Meyer recruited him the hardest.

Does Will beat out JT Barrett? Urban must have seen something in Will's passing abilities to think he'd make his offense go. But, JT had been the starter since late in the '15 season.

'If' Will beats out JT, does he push tOSU to the playoffs in '17? Do the Buckeyes beat OU lead by the HT winner Baker... instead of watching Baker plant the OU flag at midfield? Does he win the Heisman as a Buckeye?
Very interesting thoughts. I think he would have been better at OSU, better linemen in front of him being the biggest reason. He would have received coaching more in line with the team, not just him. He would have had more exposure, and as a QB at one of the blue bloods, you automatically get a leg up. Fun stuff for thought

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny!!

'If' we play the 'what if' game... 'what if' Will didn't take supplements on a banned list while at UF? He helped the team go out to a 6-0 record to start the season as a RS FR. They finished 10-4. While he may have helped them win 1-2 more games that year... his stats were not going to be Heisman worthy.

His HC... not the one who recruited him... the one who pushed him out of the UF program... McElwain... was fired during what would have been his RS JR season after a 3-4 start. Certainly... some close losses in the '17 season... Will may have been a difference maker.

'If' Will doesn't get suspended by the NCAA, is Jim McElwain still the coach at UF?

In no way does Will elevate his game to the level of Baker Mayfield there. UF simply didn't have the talent around him to produce the numbers one needs to be a HT winner.

'If' Will doesn't transfer to WVU in '15, does Shane let Dana go? One of the reasons Dana was extended the next year was the future prospects for the team with a QB like Will for the next 1-2 years.

I simply meant that no player at WVU would be permitted to win the Heisman. Will could have thrown for 10,000 yards and 200 TDs. He would not win the Heisman if he has a flying WV on his helmet.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply meant that no player at WVU would be permitted to win the Heisman. Will could have thrown for 10,000 yards and 200 TDs. He would not win the Heisman if he has a flying WV on his helmet.
Exactly, every QB and running back at ALL the blue bloods would have to have horrible years and a WVU QB set every NCAA record in every category to even have a shot

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, every QB and running back at ALL the blue bloods would have to have horrible years and a WVU QB set every NCAA record in every category to even have a shot

Bullshit, this kind of talk is what makes outsiders think ALL WVU fans are fucking stupid. I guess Loserville is a Blue Blood now? I guess someone from Loserville would have a better chance than someone from WVU? I guess Baylor is a Blue Blood? When did Colorado become a Blue Blood? The Blue Bloods win them more often because they get the best talent usually, when the others get that rare player they win the Heisman. Tell me one Mountaineer that has deserved it???

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note. Houston Cougars...They started out on fire. Holgs looked like he has that offense going and the D was stout. When it was 28-7 I stopped watching. Just saw that they blew the lead and lost in classic Holgerson fashion and lost in the final seconds. Tulane went 70 yards in two plays with 27 seconds left in the game. Does this type of ending sound familiar?

Holgs is a great offensive mind. He was never head coach material and he proved it again Thursday night.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH had a defense ranked #127 in the country last year. They lost 61% of their production from the defense.

Anyone who thought UH was going to be some juggernaut this season is a fool.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, this kind of talk is what makes outsiders think ALL WVU fans are fucking stupid. I guess Loserville is a Blue Blood now? I guess someone from Loserville would have a better chance than someone from WVU? I guess Baylor is a Blue Blood? When did Colorado become a Blue Blood? The Blue Bloods win them more often because they get the best talent usually, when the others get that rare player they win the Heisman. Tell me one Mountaineer that has deserved it???

Well said!!

Until injuries wiped out our LB Corps, WVU and Will Grier had a chance to have a really special season.

'If' we play the 'what if' game, WVU stays relatively healthy on the defensive side of the ball... WVU doesn't wear down on that side of the ball by season's end... so... no collapse in the 2nd half to Okie St... makes just one more defensive stop against OU to keep them out of the endzone... WVU is in the CCG... WVU has a chance to beat UT a 2nd time.

Does WVU grab a playoff spot?

How does Will's Heisman chances look now...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has someone from a blueblood won the HT with the fifth best stats????? Major Harris deserved it, certainly. I just looked at the last thirty years of HT voting, you should do the same before you try to call me out......

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has someone from a blueblood won the HT with the fifth best stats????? Major Harris deserved it, certainly. I just looked at the last thirty years of HT voting, you should do the same before you try to call me out......

I have looked at them, Major Harris getting it is debatable, I guess Houston was a Blue Blood Back then?? Almost half of them are not from a blue blood school. We get a special player in here and we have a special year we will have one. If we get a good QB in here, don't count Sam James out for a nice reward, that kid is going to be something special. We have a real HC Now, wait and see the talent he pulls in here.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our fans have such a defeatist mentality, it really is mind boggling.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our fans have such a defeatist mentality, it really is mind boggling.
When you look at the preseason polls every year and see the same teams in the top ten based solely on their names, only to see those teams tank during the season, still ranked with three losses, above undefeated non name teams, it makes you that way.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Oregon in there..and if we are reaching into the way back machine...BYU.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the preseason polls every year and see the same teams in the top ten based solely on their names, only to see those teams tank during the season, still ranked with three losses, above undefeated non name teams, it makes you that way.

You talking about Alabama, and Clemson?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it’s Ohio State since he hates them just as much as FHCDH and King Ollie.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note. Houston Cougars...They started out on fire. Holgs looked like he has that offense going and the D was stout. When it was 28-7 I stopped watching. Just saw that they blew the lead and lost in classic Holgerson fashion and lost in the final seconds. Tulane went 70 yards in two plays with 27 seconds left in the game. Does this type of ending sound familiar?

Holgs is a great offensive mind. He was never head coach material and he proved it again Thursday night.
:eek:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like Michigan being in the top 5 and losing to the Mountaineers? You know, the other Mountaineers.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO... there is bias amongst the voters. That is why the human polls have been put to the side.

Everyone understands preseason polls are a joke. It is nothing but one’s guess how strong a team will be. ND and UofM get the benefit of having top rated recruiting classes every year. As a voter, why wouldn’t you expect these programs to replace talent with talent?

History has shown how wrong voters have been when making preseason polls. For the past 15 years... 1 or 2 teams that started in the top 10 finish the year unranked.