• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A post dedicated to WVU Dad

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT speaks volumes about the lack of effective coaching that was taking place, loads of talent, but our strength program and work ethic were sorely lacking......
:lame::lame:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then explain the lack of on field success, if my statement was lame. I hear you two talk about how great Holgorsen was, how he was a great recruiter, a great coach, was the greatest thing WVU ever had, YET we faded down the stretch every year, THAT says conditioning was lacking, my friend.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the defense WVU played under coach Stewart, we may well have won the B12, in case you forgot, Holgorsen's best year at WVU was with those bare cupboard bums...........

Ummm... perfect example of your pure bullshitness.

Best year was his first year? That's what you're saying? No doubt winning the Orange Bowl in record setting fashion was huge!! The team had nothing in terms of depth. That's the cupboard Dana was given to start Big 12 play.

I'm sure that is a fact that didn't cross your mind though...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm... perfect example of your pure bullshitness.

Best year was his first year? That's what you're saying? No doubt winning the Orange Bowl in record setting fashion was huge!! The team had nothing in terms of depth. That's the cupboard Dana was given to start Big 12 play.

I'm sure that is a fact that didn't cross your mind though...
If you want to talk bare cupboard, look at what your man crush left......imo the real reason he left, he knew last season was it, that he had left nothing on the table for next season and likely would have been canned after a bowl less year.......

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then explain the lack of on field success, if my statement was lame. I hear you two talk about how great Holgorsen was, how he was a great recruiter, a great coach, was the greatest thing WVU ever had, YET we faded down the stretch every year, THAT says conditioning was lacking, my friend.

These kids went in and tore up the combine...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk bare cupboard, look at what your man crush left......imo the real reason he left, he knew last season was it, that he had left nothing on the table for next season and likely would have been canned after a bowl less year.......
The writing was on the wall for Dana. Everyone could see it. I don't think he had any intention on leaving. Pretty sure Lyons made it clear that it was time to go.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing left in the cupboard for this season?

How can you say that? We have two 4 star QB’s competing for the starting position... with a kid who was also a 4 star on one of the recruiting sites in the mix. They’ll be playing behind an OL bringing back 3 of the 5 starters and a number of kids with PT from last year’s team. RB Corps is all returning.

Defense is loaded with 4 stars. 4 star on the DL... one at LB... two in the secondary. Starters back all over the defense.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP IT!!!
You know when he writes stuff like this he is basing it off of Pixie dust and unicorns. Meanwhile, in his mind it’s comparing apples to apples, not apples to bullshit.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing left in the cupboard for this season?

How can you say that? We have two 4 star QB’s competing for the starting position... One of those was a HCNB transfer, the other makes Skyler look like a pro with a kid who was also a 4 star on one of the recruiting sites in the mix. all outclassed by a walk on They’ll be playing behind an OL bringing back 3 of the 5 Looks like the weakness of the team starters and a number of kids with PT from last year’s team. RB Corps is all returning but they will be behind a subpar offensive line.

Defense is loaded with 4 stars. 4 star on the DL only because his dad played at WVU and his brother was here... one at LB... two in the secondary. Starters back all over the defense that gave up tons of points last year, understaffed at LB and questionable in the secondary..

Dana knew what he had coming back. Rather than hope for a good season and bolt to a P5 school, he left, tail between his legs to a group of five school.

Compare that to the empty cupboard Stew gave HCDH. Bruce Irvin, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Steadman Bailey, Terrance Garvin, Keith Tandy, all were in Stew's cupboard and ended up in the NFL. HCNB did not get that kind of gift from Dana's cupboard.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana knew what he had coming back. Rather than hope for a good season and bolt to a P5 school, he left, tail between his legs to a group of five school.

Compare that to the empty cupboard Stew gave HCDH. Bruce Irvin, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Steadman Bailey, Terrance Garvin, Keith Tandy, all were in Stew's cupboard and ended up in the NFL. HCNB did not get that kind of gift from Dana's cupboard.

West Virginia Football 2012 Fall Practice Depth Chart

Look at this depth chart and tell me about the cupboard...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP IT!!!
You know when he writes stuff like this he is basing it off of Pixie dust and unicorns. Meanwhile, in his mind it’s comparing apples to apples, not apples to bullshit.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That includes two first round picks and 6 NFL players. That is also just the two deep depth chart, there were about 100 players on the roster.
Cherry picking data only bolsters Dads point that HCDH was really no better than HCBS

Cherry picking? How so?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picking? How so?

The depth chart you posted did not include all the players. It makes it look like the roster was smaller.

Compare the talent on that depth chart to what we have today. Stew left Holgs with a better cupboard than Holgs is left for HCNB.

The more I look at it, the more Dads argument looks right.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth chart you posted did not include all the players. It makes it look like the roster was smaller.

Compare the talent on that depth chart to what we have today. Stew left Holgs with a better cupboard than Holgs is left for HCNB.

The more I look at it, the more Dads argument looks right.

Depth charts are what they are. They’re not a full roster.

I totally disagree with you on the depth of talent HCNB has inherited.

2019 Football Depth Chart – WVU | West Virginia Mountaineers sports coverage – Blue Gold News

That depth chart has all conference players throughout. It’s not even close...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see comparable talent on this roster. Other than Stills, who is first round nfl talent?

Any chance that this roster gets HCNB a pre season #23 ranking?
Are these athletes good enough to go 10-3 and start the next season at #11... and then lose 6 games.

I like Dads argument better than yours:dhd:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see comparable talent on this roster. Other than Stills, who is first round nfl talent?

Any chance that this roster gets HCNB a pre season #23 ranking?
Are these athletes good enough to go 10-3 and start the next season at #11... and then lose 6 games.

I like Dads argument better than yours:dhd:

I have no problem with you agreeing with DAD.

You are presenting exactly what comparison as your premise? Your argument is very unsound.

Dana took over a team that was in the Big Least. In 2011, Sagarin ranked the conference as the worst amongst the AQ conferences. In ‘11, Dana faced exactly two ranked teams in the regular season.

I don’t expect WVU to finish 10-3... nor will they be a preseason #23. Your argument is filled with as much BS as one of DAD’s.

This fall, our new HC will be taking a quality program into battle against 4 teams in the preseason top 25. OU, UT, ISU and Mizzou. Okie St is ready for its bounce back season, BU is a program on the rise, and we have another P5 opponent in NC St heading to Morgantown this fall.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So BBW what would you use for a fair comparison?

How about draft picks for the first two years?

2012 1 15 15 Bruce Irvin DE Seattle Seahawks
2012 5 5 140 Najee Goode LB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2012 6 4 174 Keith Tandy CB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2013 1 8 8 Tavon Austin WR St. Louis Rams
2013 2 7 39 Geno Smith QB New York Jets
2013 3 30 92 Stedman Bailey WR St. Louis Rams

Who does HCNB get to compare with these guys? Add in Kwitikowski and Spain who went undrafted but became NFL starters giving HCDH a great start.

This year, we lose 6 starters to the NFL draft, and also Bigelo and Robinson, who may end up there. It made sense for Dana to bolt. This roster would have trouble in the old Big East, not to mention the B12. anything over 6 wins for this group would be amazing to me. HCNB has to really coach these kids up. I'll check back in two years and we can keep this debate going for years.

Fun fact: Nehlan's 1989 team had 9 NFL draft picks, most ever.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So BBW what would you use for a fair comparison?

How about draft picks for the first two years?

2012 1 15 15 Bruce Irvin DE Seattle Seahawks
2012 5 5 140 Najee Goode LB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2012 6 4 174 Keith Tandy CB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2013 1 8 8 Tavon Austin WR St. Louis Rams
2013 2 7 39 Geno Smith QB New York Jets
2013 3 30 92 Stedman Bailey WR St. Louis Rams

Who does HCNB get to compare with these guys? Add in Kwitikowski and Spain who went undrafted but became NFL starters giving HCDH a great start.

This year, we lose 6 starters to the NFL draft, and also Bigelo and Robinson, who may end up there. It made sense for Dana to bolt. This roster would have trouble in the old Big East, not to mention the B12. anything over 6 wins for this group would be amazing to me. HCNB has to really coach these kids up. I'll check back in two years and we can keep this debate going for years.

Fun fact: Nehlan's 1989 team had 9 NFL draft picks, most ever.

What kind of argument are you trying to make? Aren’t we talking about depth of talent.... talking about a depth chart? I have been consistent in my stance with you. Depth of talent is the discussion. This list is awesome. No one is going to argue we didn’t have some great football players recruited by Billy. He didn’t recruit enough depth of talent. Hence the bare cupboard.

Who was recruited behind Geno when we started Big 12 play. How about our CB situation when we started Big 12 play? Who dressed behind Tavon and Stedman?

Come on man...