• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mudiay could still be there at 5. Russell won't be though.

Lots of mocks have Mudiay going to the Kings at 6. So if that trade actually does go down, I think they'll snag him at 5. So if the Lakers end up at 6, they're likely looking at Winslow or Mario Hezonia (whatever the 2nd Euro player is named.

That deal is almost too good to be true though. Cousins and a pick (Winslow) for Okafor (I'm assuming Towns is gone at 1) is a slam dunk of a deal

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fantastic. Only, like you said in another post, it eats up a lot of cap space.

Would surprise me if it happened though. The Kings are very reluctant to let him go!

Doesn't matter about the cap space. By trading for Cousins, he becomes the de facto max FA. They will still have money to add another solid piece or 2. Then, the following season when the cap goes up and Kobe retires, they can go after whoever else they may want.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves have already told Towns he is going #1 per several sources.

so the draft really starts with the Lakers and what they want to do.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that trade happens.

Orlando really gains nothing from that reported trade. they already have the young promising center. makes no sense to trade him just to move up and draft another young promising center.

better for them to stay at #5 and draft someone to go WITH their young center.

the Kings or Lakers would have to sweeten the deal for Orlando to do that trade IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they must really not like Okafor to be pushing so hard to get Cousins.

otherwise, why would they be pushing so hard when they could just take Okafor and set their sights on a FA SF?

and if that is the proposed trade, what does that leave the Lakers with? Mudiay and Russell will be gone. that leaves Winslow as the only logical sense because he plays a position of need. however, his game has more question marks than Okafor.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this draft. I thought at #2 there was not way the Lakers could screw it up, but the more I see reports like these, the more it makes me think the Lakers will find a way to overthink this whole thing and do something crazy.

I'm not sure it's about not liking Okafor as much as it is about Cousins being a proven elite level player. Most experts seem to consider Cousins to be anywhere from the #1-3 center in the game. Most figure Okafor we'll be good, but everyone knows that Cousins is good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal is almost too good to be true though.

Yeah, I have my doubts about it because there is too much information out already. That's not typically how the Lakers operate. Hope I'm wrong though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have my doubts about it because there is too much information out already. That's not typically how the Lakers operate. Hope I'm wrong though.

Eh, details tend to get out regardless if the deal is within 24 to 48 hours of being done. But what gives me more skepticism (other than it being a pretty one sided deal) is its not from a respectable source. Like if Woj, Stein, or someone like that tweeted it, you can pretty much lock it down

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, details tend to get out regardless if the deal is within 24 to 48 hours of being done. But what gives me more skepticism (other than it being a pretty one sided deal) is its not from a respectable source. Like if Woj, Stein, or someone like that tweeted it, you can pretty much lock it down

True. I'm just wary because of the CP3 deal. There was too much info, too early on that one too. It gave me a bad feeling. I sure as hell didn't expect the commissioner to veto it, but I didn't think it was going to happen.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm just wary because of the CP3 deal. There was too much info, too early on that one too. It gave me a bad feeling. I sure as hell didn't expect the commissioner to veto it, but I didn't think it was going to happen.

Well they did get the info right and it didn happen. Then Stern had to get involved because Dan Gilbert and some owners were bitching. Fuck Cleveland. Warriors > Cavs!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did get the info right and it didn happen. Then Stern had to get involved because Dan Gilbert and some owners were bitching. Fuck Cleveland. Warriors > Cavs!

:L I know. I just had a bad feeling and it turned out be true. I'm sure I'm reading too much into that and if it doesn't happen, it will be for the reasons that you described. But I'm gonna be gun shy until they actually pull it off. :lol:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just crazy. Lakers make out really good. Mudiay or Winslow would be there at 5.

Clarkson
Kobe
Winslow
Randle
Cousins

Mudiay
Kobe
Carroll (I think the Lakers could still afford him)
Randle
Cousins

What would people say about ole Jimmy if this trade were to happen?

Winslow in a M F HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could be mistaken, but Mudiay is strickly a PG, who's jumper is a work in progress. You know exactly what you're getting from Justice -- 120% every SINGLE night!!!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of mocks have Mudiay going to the Kings at 6. So if that trade actually does go down, I think they'll snag him at 5. So if the Lakers end up at 6, they're likely looking at Winslow or Mario Hezonia (whatever the 2nd Euro player is named.

That deal is almost too good to be true though. Cousins and a pick (Winslow) for Okafor (I'm assuming Towns is gone at 1) is a slam dunk of a deal

Just gonna throw this out there. If that trade does come to fruition, I WANT WINSLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even close really!

Winslow, Boogie, and Randle?? Maybe D Wade?? :thumb:

PLUS our #27?? Some have Tyus Jones as our pick there -- I'll shit where I stand if all of that happens!!

Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 8.57.36 PM.png

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if K-A Towns goes to the Lakers as depicted above, then the Cousins deal is off. The only reason they are doing this is they want Cousins instead of Okafor because they believe Towns is going number one. The Lakers will take Towns and be done with their big selection.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about taking Okafor/Russell....but MAN, if we can get Boogie, AND Winslow, that is VERY enticing

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings owner Ranadive continues to shoot down all rumors and refuses to deal Cousins.

Magic now denying they are involved either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Shopson. Orlando has backed out of the discussions and the Kings majority owner has stepped in. I wonder what the minority owner Shaquille O'Neil thinks?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Shopson. Orlando has backed out of the discussions and the Kings majority owner has stepped in. I wonder what the minority owner Shaquille O'Neil thinks?

Ranadive is involved in these discussions now? He's the one that has adamantly claimed he will not trade Cousins.