• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it's going to happen. In order to get Cousins we'd have to give up Randle, Clarkson AND the #2 pick which is far too much.

I'd happily stick with a Okafor/Towns and Randle front court. May not be great on D, but it could work out to be the best low post offence in the league.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ALR it appears the majority owner and the minority owner are in agreement that Cousins is not going anywhere and neither is Randle and Clarkson going north. UNless there is a change of the stance of the ownership, Karl is going to lose this argument and request. On we go to plan b through f.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ALR it appears the majority owner and the minority owner are in agreement that Cousins is not going anywhere and neither is Randle and Clarkson going north. UNless there is a change of the stance of the ownership, Karl is going to lose this argument and request. On we go to plan b through f.

I hope so Retro.

but the fact that the Lakers are even considering going down this road AGAIN after getting burned with Howard, makes you wonder what in the world they are thinking.

if the owner changes his mind and this deal does go down, I foresee Dwight 2.0 happening. I just don't see Cousins being the same player for the Lakers that he is with the Kings. it's just my opinion of course.

and if Okafor and Randle thrive in Sac town, Laker fans will riot in the streets of LA (j/k). but it wouldn't be pretty.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question here, what are our chances we get D Wade??

OR Move up from 27 and get Tyus Jones?? (or another PG)

OR Both

OR Jimmy Butler, Goran Dragic or ????????

I'm thinking drafting Okafor is gonna give us the best opportunities, but still think that exploring the option of getting Boogie is BUT not depleting the depth.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OR Both

I'm thinking drafting Okafor is gonna give us the best opportunities, but still think that exploring the option of getting Boogie is BUT not depleting the depth.

I'd rather the Lakers stay away from D-Wade unless they can get him at a good price, short term (maybe $10 million for 2 years?). He would instantly make the team better and would be able to take over if Kobe went down again, but he's getting old and has his own injury issues of late.

Butler is unlikely. The Bulls have consistently stated that they will match any offers. I think that will come down to how badly Butler wants out. The Bulls may agree to a sign and trade to try to get something for him and I'd expect that a potential sign and trade would have to be to a team Butler is willing to go to.

Dragic is interesting. He had the Lakers and Heat as the teams that he wanted to go to. The Heat got him and there don't seem to be any indications that he's unhappy. However, what happens if D-Wade leaves or he decides the Lakers give him a better shot at winning long term?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OR Both

Chicago will match any offer for Butler, even if he wants out. That would force the Lakers to give up assets to trade for him, which would make such a deal difficult.

Dragic is going to get an offer from the Heat for 5 years/$90-100M. I can't see him leaving Miami.

I don't think Tyus Jones will get past the Rockets at #18. Getting from 27 to 18 is going to take more than the #34 pick or Hill/Young IMO.

I think Wade is just using the Lakers to get Miami to pay more. If not, there's a chance, but I'm not sure paying him 3 years/$60M (what he is expecting to want) is a good idea considering his age and proclivity for injury.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears DWade is engaged in a little game of chicken and leverage with Miami, Shopson. For the Lakers, Tobias Harris may come into play in the realm of possibilities.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love just opt out of his contract. He is now a FA.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love just opt out of his contract. He is now a FA.
I'm kind of getting cold feet on wanting the Lakers to go after Kevin Love. Like, if it's possible than I guess you can't pass it up...but a frontcourt of Kevin Love and Okafor(while a GREAT fit offensively), would be pretty bad defensively. Everybody is runnin pick and roll these days, and the PG's(and others) of the West would pick on Love and Okafor all game long

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of sports venues are reporting that the Lakers are interested in re-signing Buycks to a bench position. This is one of those stories that is definitely under the radar but I concur it is a good signing if it happens.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the DeAndre Jordon sweeps begin. He has mentioned that there are four teams he will be visiting: Clippers, Lakers, Mavericks, and Bucks. WE shall see how this develops. Here is one link.

Report: Free agent DeAndre Jordan will meet with four teams : Fantasy News
Just my opinion, but I hope we stay wayy away from him. He's great defensively, but it's dunk or else on offense. I'm hoping we get Aldrige and sign a solid at best center. Mitch did mention Ed Davis, but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be at that price that Davis wants. If we can get a good rim protector at a cheap price, then I'd be on board

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not Snowdog. The Sixers have about as many centers as the Celtics have guards-9 in total.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Cuban will get on his knees and beg Jordan to sign with the Mavs. The window for Dirk is closing which is important because I don't see anyone else in the future willing to take a pay cut to play for the Mavs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so Retro.

but the fact that the Lakers are even considering going down this road AGAIN after getting burned with Howard, makes you wonder what in the world they are thinking.

if the owner changes his mind and this deal does go down, I foresee Dwight 2.0 happening. I just don't see Cousins being the same player for the Lakers that he is with the Kings. it's just my opinion of course.

and if Okafor and Randle thrive in Sac town, Laker fans will riot in the streets of LA (j/k). but it wouldn't be pretty.
Wouldn't be the same though because Cousins comes with three more years on his contract, so that leaves the Lakers needing one more franchise player like Cousins and suddenly the Lakers have a big three to contend, but the Lakers would be back to square one for a quality point and the money under the salary would be gone. Now on the other hand, if the Lakers sign to big free agents first and then trade for Cousins - the Lakers would have their team, but trading before free agency is finished would really be stupid