• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see if the Lakers pull the trigger soon on the Dragic/Love/Harris/Butler/Davis deals or not. The draft is Thursday. Then I suspect the Lakers will either being moving or just hanging back working on the summer league crew and the new draftees and returning FAs.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is spreading all over the place. Sports Illustrated and the Miami Herald are reporting this as well:

Lakers might add Dwayne Wade

Wade, Lakers Reportedly Have Mutual Interest
Sunday, June 21
"While many execs still see Wade/Heat as contract saber rattling, a Wade option will be the Lakers. Mutual interest, per league sources," Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated reported.

Mannix elaborated on the possible fit, tweeting: "Hard to see L.A. offering Wade a better chance to win than Miami, especially in the West. But it is L.A., and they do have money to burn."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, this story is really gaining momentum when there has been little response from the Lakers. I'll believe when it actually occurs because it makes little FA sense when there are guys like Tobias Harris out there who they can get for a lot less and he's younger. Even Dragic makes more sense than this story.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is spreading all over the place. Sports Illustrated and the Miami Herald are reporting this as well:

Lakers might add Dwayne Wade

Wade, Lakers Reportedly Have Mutual Interest
Sunday, June 21
"While many execs still see Wade/Heat as contract saber rattling, a Wade option will be the Lakers. Mutual interest, per league sources," Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated reported.

Mannix elaborated on the possible fit, tweeting: "Hard to see L.A. offering Wade a better chance to win than Miami, especially in the West. But it is L.A., and they do have money to burn."

at THIS point in his career...?

pass...

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion.

I wouldn't put him on the same level as Harden though.

Plus, why is everyone so eager to replace Clarkson and relegate him to the bench?

I don't get it.

I agree! Dragic not in same talk as Harden, IMO.

Harden 27.4 pts, 7.0 assists, 5.7 reb

Dragic 16.3 pts, 4.5 assists, 3.5 reb

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Wade to anything close to what he already rumored to have turned down in Miami is not a smart move for rebuilding this team. Hopefully it is just some dumb rumor. This is the kind of short term thinking that made sense a few years ago before Kobe's string of injuries. Not now though. The Lakers need to be building a team that can compete for the long term.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Lakers are 'actively' trying to get Cousins:

Los Angeles Lakers actively trying to acquire DeMarcus Cousins in trade with Sacramento Kings

Lakers Rumors: L.A. Actively Trying To Trade For DeMarcus Cousins | Lakers Nation

If, somehow, they can keep Randle and/or the #2 pick out of this deal, Mitch will be a fucking genius!!!

:agree: The #2 pick and change. I'd want to keep Clarkson as well. Boogie's a beast, still young, and on a great contract considering the production. A Randle/Cousins frontcourt would be strong.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The #2 pick and change. I'd want to keep Clarkson as well. Boogie's a beast, still young, and on a great contract considering the production. A Randle/Cousins frontcourt would be strong.

It would be fantastic. Only, like you said in another post, it eats up a lot of cap space.

Would surprise me if it happened though. The Kings are very reluctant to let him go!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many stories popping up nearly by the minute. Again, I'll believe the moves when they occur. Shaquille O'Neill is part owner of the Kings and Vlade Divac is the new GM, so we shall see what happens. Divac has come out and stated that this trade is not happening and is a fabrication but GM's have stated that before as a deflection strategy.

Last edited:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE this idea though:

That's just crazy. Lakers make out really good. Mudiay or Winslow would be there at 5.

Clarkson
Kobe
Winslow
Randle
Cousins

Mudiay
Kobe
Carroll (I think the Lakers could still afford him)
Randle
Cousins

What would people say about ole Jimmy if this trade were to happen?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they must really not like Okafor to be pushing so hard to get Cousins.

otherwise, why would they be pushing so hard when they could just take Okafor and set their sights on a FA SF?

and if that is the proposed trade, what does that leave the Lakers with? Mudiay and Russell will be gone. that leaves Winslow as the only logical sense because he plays a position of need. however, his game has more question marks than Okafor.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this draft. I thought at #2 there was not way the Lakers could screw it up, but the more I see reports like these, the more it makes me think the Lakers will find a way to overthink this whole thing and do something crazy.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

otherwise, why would they be pushing so hard when they could just take Okafor and set their sights on a FA SF?

and if that is the proposed trade, what does that leave the Lakers with? Mudiay and Russell will be gone. that leaves Winslow as the only logical sense because he plays a position of need. however, his game has more question marks than Okafor.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this draft. I thought at #2 there was not way the Lakers could screw it up, but the more I see reports like these, the more it makes me think the Lakers will find a way to overthink this whole thing and do something crazy.

Mudiay could still be there at 5. Russell won't be though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. Meant 6th pick not 5th. Still, many mocks have Mudiay slipping that far.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think they would be looking SF: Winslow, Johnson, or Herzonja (unless Mudiay or Porzingis falls).