• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I'm on the fence re: Love. I like his game (except for his defense) and his range makes working with Okafor or Towns doable.

I worry about his injuries though. I don't know if he could be called injury prone just yet, but his history needs to at least be taken into consideration.

Eh, maybe. His hand issue was more his fault. Like he broke it and then started doing work with it before he was suppose to and reinjured it but its fully healed now. And the shoulder thing shouldn't be much of an issue unless Olynek shows up every game to arm bar him. His feet and knees haven't been much of a concern so he should check out fine.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, maybe. His hand issue was more his fault. Like he broke it and then started doing work with it before he was suppose to and reinjured it but its fully healed now. And the shoulder thing shouldn't be much of an issue unless Olynek shows up every game to arm bar him. His feet and knees haven't been much of a concern so he should check out fine.

Hasn't he had back issues too?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't he had back issues too?

Don't recall off the top of my head. Whatever his issues have been, I doubt its serious. Pretty much every team has him #1 or #2 as possible free agents. I wouldn't think he'd be rated that high if any lingering issues were there to jeopardize his career

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't recall off the top of my head. Whatever his issues have been, I doubt its serious. Pretty much every team has him #1 or #2 as possible free agents. I wouldn't think he'd be rated that high if any lingering issues were there to jeopardize his career

True. I'm sure the Lakers would be smart enough to at least ask for a full report on his past injuries, etc. as well. Retro says he swears the back issues are a thing of the past, so maybe he'll be one of those guys who had a couple of bad breaks early, but will end up being just fine.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis now wants $7-$10 per year in a 2-3 year deal. I think he just priced himself out of the Lakers' plans. Say hello to Love and Butler. Ed claims he is going to test the open market which the Lakers are going to let him do at the same time stating he wants to return to the Lakers. IDK on this one. Here is one of the links out there.

Report: Lakers' Ed Davis seeking $7M-$10M per year in free agency - CBSSports.com

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with these players all of a sudden wanting a ridiculous increase in salary after a half-decent season?

$3m a year to $10m a year?!?

See ya later Eddie!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Miami are going to offer Dragic a $80m/5 year deal. Works out at $16m per.

Is he worth that much?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis now wants $7-$10 per year in a 2-3 year deal. I think he just priced himself out of the Lakers' plans. Say hello to Love and Butler. Ed claims he is going to test the open market which the Lakers are going to let him do at the same time stating he wants to return to the Lakers. IDK on this one. Here is one of the links out there.

Report: Lakers' Ed Davis seeking $7M-$10M per year in free agency - CBSSports.com

No problem with him asking for that much. If he gets it someplace else, good for him. It worked for Jodie Meeks. If he doesn't then the Lakers can get him back at a more reasonable price.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I think salaries are beginning to escalate out of the realm of sensibilities and true reflection of the player's abilities as the gap between the haves and have nots continues to widen. When guys like Ed Davis and Jodie Meeks are asking and getting those levels of salaries and Dragic is going to command what Miami is offering, then I think the NBA is going the way of baseball.

Granted, if some rich old white guy is willing to plunk down that sort of scratch for a basketball player's services, all the power to the players. But this is getting ridiculous and the integrity of the game is beginning to suffer. When people are paying millions for stiffs that sit on the bench and many cannot make consistent FTs especially in the Finals for example, then the game's integrity is being sacrificed.

That's why a guy like Sacre's salary is more in line with maintaining the game's integrity because his salary is a better reflection of the quality of his services. But again, worth is what somebody is willing to pay and if some rich white guy or black guy for that matter is willing to plunk down those sorts of numbers, one cannot blame a player for signing on the bottom line.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Miami are going to offer Dragic a $80m/5 year deal. Works out at $16m per.

Is he worth that much?

Uh, no!

Weren't Wade, Bron and Bosh making 15M in Miami?

Harden makes just under 16m? Is Dragic really on par with Harden?

I don't think so.

But like Retro said, if some team is willing to pay him that, more power to him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no!

Weren't Wade, Bron and Bosh making 15M in Miami?

Harden makes just under 16m? Is Dragic really on par with Harden?

I don't think so.

But like Retro said, if some team is willing to pay him that, more power to him.

Dragic is better than Harden, imo. Harden is a 1 trick pony and we saw what happens to him when his 1 trick is taken away or lessened. Dragic is a much better shooter and an excellent assist guy too. He's practically a clone Steve Nash.

If I'm the Lakers, I give him a max if need be. Especially with the way the cap is supposed to go up. A 5 year deal at current max money this year may well seem like a steal once the cap goes up.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion.

I wouldn't put him on the same level as Harden though.

Plus, why is everyone so eager to replace Clarkson and relegate him to the bench?

I don't get it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people associated with the Lakers (whether it is fans or Lakers personnel) appear to be getting obsessed with max contracts. As the Dub have proven, taking young talent, developing them, and adding a few vets with a max contract or two is the best model.

We have one max contract which is not a good one as these things go for a player who is at the end of his career. Our development as a team would be much more solid if we kept the young solid players like Clarkson and continue to pick up got a bunch of young talented players and develop them so that we have a great team for the next 10 years or so.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id offer Butler $13m/year and go after another big FA next year.

The most I would be willing to pay Davis is $5m/year and that seems too much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion.

I wouldn't put him on the same level as Harden though.

Plus, why is everyone so eager to replace Clarkson and relegate him to the bench?

I don't get it.

Why would Dragic relegate Clarkson to the bench? Dragic is a point guard, Clarkson is a combo guard. He could actually back up both Kobe and Dragic and then be the 2 guard when Kobe retires. Also, Kobe isn't going to be playing all 82, so Clarkson would start those games that Kobe sits out.

Remember, Clarkson had a very good year last year. But we don't know if it's good numbers on a bad team, or if he is as good as he seems. Spending a year backing Kobe and Dragic would be good for his development, imo.