• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never thought that signing Rondo would be as bad as many of you do. I think that playing alongside Kobe on a team he chose to play for, would be a good thing for him.

Having said that, I'm glad my theory won't be tested. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to point out re: the Lakers drafting Russell. The young man projects to be the best point guard we've had since Magic. Having trouble seeing that as a bad thing.

There will be growing pains, he's 19 years old, so there will be a learning curve. The last time the Lakers drafted a 19 year old point guard, it turned out okay.

If they can do as most seem to think we will and land a Love, Aldridge or DeAndre Jordan in FA, it makes the Russell pick even better.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to point out re: the Lakers drafting Russell. The young man projects to be the best point guard we've had since Magic. Having trouble seeing that as a bad thing.

There will be growing pains, he's 19 years old, so there will be a learning curve. The last time the Lakers drafted a 19 year old point guard, it turned out okay.

If they can do as most seem to think we will and land a Love, Aldridge or DeAndre Jordan in FA, it makes the Russell pick even better.
Hope you are right. We have to sign a big in free agency.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The great thing the front office is doing now is building a young core of players for the future, and because of this free agents WILL listen to the Lakers' pitch, unlike say two/three years ago.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing the front office is doing now is building a young core of players for the future, and because of this free agents WILL listen to the Lakers' pitch, unlike say two/three years ago.

Hopefully tearing it up at the summer league will draw attention as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully tearing it up at the summer league will draw attention as well.

Summer league will be interesting. Especially since Clarkson, Black and Jabari Brown know each other really well by now on court.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe in his prime could have probably done something with Rondo, Cousins and a bunch of D-Leaguers but if he wants that 6th ring, he's got to accept the fact that's it's got to be a team effort with a deep bench. Cleveland's lack of a bench was their downfall in the Finals.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm actually interested in this as well. have never followed Summer League ball...

It's nothing special. Some rookies/2nd year players mixed in with a bunch of guys you've never heard of that'll be in the D-League. None of it matters all that much but its a fun way to pass the summer.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nothing special. Some rookies/2nd year players mixed in with a bunch of guys you've never heard of that'll be in the D-League. None of it matters all that much but its a fun way to pass the summer.

hell, works for me since I don't watch baseball...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally it doesn't. But this years team might have 3 of next seasons starting five in it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the Lakers are reported to be now working on a contract for Aldridge when just as many reports are stating that Detroit is not going to re-sign Monroe. I know Phil has interest in Monroe, but why go after the older Aldridge with a max deal of 4 years, $80 million when we could get Monroe a bit cheaper. Aldridge must be that much better than Monroe. Then there is the Deandre Jordon possibility. I think Mitch is going to examine all possibilities before they rush to sign one of them as some sports venues are reporting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^THIS^^^

It's not great basketball, but it's better than nothing. Also, a chance to see some of the young guys that will be on the team. Just have to be careful not to read too much into it one way or the other. Most of the teams have an assistant act as the head coach, so that can be kind of interesting as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the Lakers are reported to be now working on a contract for Aldridge when just as many reports are stating that Detroit is not going to re-sign Monroe. I know Phil has interest in Monroe, but why go after the older Aldridge with a max deal of 4 years, $80 million when we could get Monroe a bit cheaper. Aldridge must be that much better than Monroe. Then there is the Deandre Jordon possibility. I think Mitch is going to examine all possibilities before they rush to sign one of them as some sports venues are reporting.

Aldridge is better than Monroe. Teams in general don't seem to be as high on Monroe as they were earlier, not sure why. Aldridge is older, but he's also only 29, so the Lakers would have him at an elite level for a good 5 years or so, then could look to sign someone else.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Jordan. Most seem to think that if leaves, he's headed to Dallas since he's from Texas. It'll be interesting to see if he'd rather just walk across the hall.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, TJF12. I sort of thought the Lakers view Aldridge as the better player. Monroe is probably headed to New York. Like you, I am not sure what is going to happen as the result of the D.Jordon tour but Cuban I am sure will give the dude head to sign him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Clarkson and Kobe in the backcourt. I f we keep Russell, we have Clark and Young coming off the bench.