• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A L East 2015 thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Bronx Bombers. :L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm just hoping we can hold on to one of the WC spots and let the chips fall where they may in that game

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm just hoping we can hold on to one of the WC spots and let the chips fall where they may in that game
And I'm hoping the Jays can overtake KC in the W column and face the Yankees/Astros over the Rangers (who I think are going to win the ALW now).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm hoping the Jays can overtake KC in the W column and face the Yankees/Astros over the Rangers (who I think are going to win the ALW now).

Honestly you should prefer to see the Yanks in the ALCS where we have to use 4 starters. Tanaka clearly own you guys and in the ALDS if they do meet, you're going to face him in 2 out of the 5 games. If the Yanks win the one game play in game, they have an ok chance to make it to the ALCS because they'll likely only use 3 pitchers in that series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was Tanaka last pitch of the day it would mean he has not allowed a run in his last 2 starts vs the Jays which is 16 innings of work.

Impressive to say the least

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly you should prefer to see the Yanks in the ALCS where we have to use 4 starters. Tanaka clearly own you guys and in the ALDS if they do meet, you're going to face him in 2 out of the 5 games. If the Yanks win the one game play in game, they have an ok chance to make it to the ALCS because they'll likely only use 3 pitchers in that series.
Wouldn't the Yankees use Tanaka in the WC game? In that case wouldn't he go against the Jays once?

Besides, the Jays could throw Price twice in the same series. I don't prefer the Rangers over the Yankees in any scenario.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the Yankees use Tanaka in the WC game? In that case wouldn't he go against the Jays once?

Besides, the Jays could throw Price twice in the same series. I don't prefer the Rangers over the Yankees in any scenario.

Honestly it depends if the East is still in play or not. If the East is not still in play then yeah they would but if they're still fighting for the division, they won't be able to save him

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in his other start against the Jays he allowed 8.

No in his previous start against Toronto he allowed 2 runs. If you want to hang your hat on his one bad start which was his first start of the year when he was still not trusting his arm go right ahead.

I'll focus on his other 3 starts which were all in August or after (and not the season opener).

In his last 3 starts vs Toronto, Tanaka pitched 22 innings and allowed a total of 3 runs in those games.....but you go ahead and continue to ignore those 3 starts and focus on the start 5 months ago. I'll focus on the more recent starts with a much larger sample size than one game in early April

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is so ridiculous. It's like me saying the Yankees own David Price this year because they destroyed him the first time they faced him this year in April and just ignore that Price had the Yankees number in his last few starts

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is so ridiculous. It's like me saying the Yankees own David Price this year because they destroyed him the first time they faced him this year in April and just ignore that Price had the Yankees number in his last few starts
Calm down. I used ESPN's splits data before today's game had been entered. It listed 3 starts and 8 runs, and since you said his previous two he hadn't allowed a run (which is incorrect, but..) so I just assumed it was his only other start.

Anyway, your point is that I should want the Jays to avoid the Yankees in the playoffs, which I do not. At this moment it isn't a stretch to say that the Yankees are the weakest team in either league currently in a playoff position. Why would I not want my team to play them?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down. I used ESPN's splits data before today's game had been entered. It listed 3 starts and 8 runs, and since you said his previous two he hadn't allowed a run (which is incorrect, but..) so I just assumed it was his only other start.

Anyway, your point is that I should want the Jays to avoid the Yankees in the playoffs, which I do not. At this moment it isn't a stretch to say that the Yankees are the weakest team in either league currently in a playoff position.

My point actually wasn't that. My point was that if I was a team in the AL, the Yanks would be an easier out in a longer series than a short one so if I had a choice of when to play the Yankees, I would prefer to play them in a best of 7 instead of a best of 5 series

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway, your point is that I should want the Jays to avoid the Yankees in the playoffs, which I do not. At this moment it isn't a stretch to say that the Yankees are the weakest team in either league currently in a playoff position. Why would I not want my team to play them?

BK's point was more you wanted to avoid the Yankees in the ALDS, because it is only five games and Tanaka should be able to win two for the Yankees. After what I saw yesterday and the older tired players the Yankees have, I would think teams would want to play them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK's point was more you wanted to avoid the Yankees in the ALDS, because it is only five games and Tanaka should be able to win two for the Yankees. After what I saw yesterday and the older tired players the Yankees have, I would think teams would want to play them.

Bingo. If Tanaka can get us 2 wins, we can only hope that CC, Pineda, & Sevrino can get us 1 game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day as long as we may make the ALDS and don't get embarrassed, I would be satisfied with the year considering we are now missing one of best hitters and pitchers for the rest of the year

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. If Tanaka can get us 2 wins, we can only hope that CC, Pineda, & Sevrino can get us 1 game

Actually I was just stating what your point was BK. At this point I am down on the Yankees and do not think this team can win a series.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day as long as we may make the ALDS and don't get embarrassed, I would be satisfied with the year considering we are now missing one of best hitters and pitchers for the rest of the year

What pitcher? All I have heard was Eovaldi is shut down for a couple of weeks, not the season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pitcher? All I have heard was Eovaldi is shut down for a couple of weeks, not the season.

Yeah but shutting down a pitcher in September doesn't sound like he will be ready by October. I'm just guessing but I would assume he's out for until the LCS (if we get there) unless he starts throwing by next week at the latest

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that facing Tanaka twice would be tougher, but I'm operating on the assumption of the Yankees, with a relatively easy schedule down the stretch, will be comfortably in the WC game and with the hope that the Jays will have the division locked up with enough time left that the Yankees will start Tanaka in the WC game and the Jays would only wind up playing him once.

Also worth pointing out that even if he went in a game 1 in the ALDS and won there would be no guarantee of a game 5 anyway.