• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three White Sox fans have run onto the field in the last 5 minutes.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not interested in what happens in the motel room between you two

Lot of shit to worry about in this world. What I write on an obscure sports board ranks VERY low in importance...but that's just my view.
:noidea:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cleveland getting pulled into the vortex of American League mediocrity?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or how about little brother? ?? Furman and BYU????
Tough????

LOL, nice cherry-picking. MSU also plays at Notre Dame as part of their non-conference schedule. Show me a UoM non-conf opponent as tough as the Irish.

Also, didn't Ol' Blue play BYU last year?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cleveland getting pulled into the vortex of American League mediocrity?

As I said earlier, a 7-game road swing from Cleveland to Oakland to Texas with no off days is not easy. The Tigers had to do something similar a couple weeks ago.

Meanwhile, the Tigers have very beatable opponents this week. If we go into September being 3-4 games back or so, I think Cleveland needs to be a LITTLE "ascared".

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky is worried and his butt budy iffy is to. Jumping on bandwagon late is so amatuerish.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of positives in Detroit ...

* Easiest remaining schedule in the AL (3 this weekend vs. LAA, we still have 7 more games against MIN, and finish the season against lowly Atlanta). We also get Baltimore, a co-contender for a Wild Card spot, for 3 games at home.

* Starting pitching, clearly a weakness earlier this season, has been a strength. Boyd and Sanchez have done well in their last 7 or so starts (except one Sanchez clunker in TX). Norris has looked good since his return. And JV has been lights-out since July 1. The return of Zimmermann could allow Ausmus to put Fulmer in the bullpen and save his starts for the two remaining series vs. Cleveland.

* Cameron Maybin is back. The Tigers are 42-25 when he starts.

* Justin Upton and James McCann are starting to heat up at the plate, extending the lineup.

The few negatives ...

* Bullpen is still shaky and inconsistent.

* Don't know what Zimmermann we will get when he returns.

* Castellanos' return still uncertain.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of positives in Detroit ...

* Easiest remaining schedule in the AL (3 this weekend vs. LAA, we still have 7 more games against MIN, and finish the season against lowly Atlanta). We also get Baltimore, a co-contender for a Wild Card spot, for 3 games at home.

* Starting pitching, clearly a weakness earlier this season, has been a strength. Boyd and Sanchez have done well in their last 7 or so starts (except one Sanchez clunker in TX). Norris has looked good since his return. And JV has been lights-out since July 1. The return of Zimmermann could allow Ausmus to put Fulmer in the bullpen and save his starts for the two remaining series vs. Cleveland.

* Cameron Maybin is back. The Tigers are 42-25 when he starts.

* Justin Upton and James McCann are starting to heat up at the plate, extending the lineup.

The few negatives ...

* Bullpen is still shaky and inconsistent.

* Don't know what Zimmermann we will get when he returns.

* Castellanos' return still uncertain.

For Negatives you forgot:

All of Doug's predictions.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did say that both Hawaii & Colorado are tough teams (comment # 11,317). So I can kinda almost (but not really) understand what the hell he is or was saying. I'm thinking if I take a few bong hits maybe some of his comments will make sense. I'm not counting on it though.

If you want to put yourself on dougy's level, you're gonna have to drink a glass of embalming fluid and smash your head against a brick wall twice. That should do it.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to put your self on dougy's level, you're gonna have to drink a glass of embalming fluid and smash your head against a brick wall twice. That should do it.

As long as Doug believes his own gibberish that's all that really matters.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to put yourself on dougy's level, you're gonna have to drink a glass of embalming fluid and smash your head against a brick wall twice. That should do it.

Checking the calendar... I believe doug said the AL Central picture would be clear by Sept 2 (less than a week away) and that it would be clear that the Indians would be out of the picture.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking the calendar... I believe doug said the AL Central picture would be clear by Sept 2 (less than a week away) and that it would be clear that the Indians would be out of the picture.

He meant next year!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next up. The angels.. yeah