• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a HUGE fan of the new wild card format, but losing that game does suck balls.

I was at The Jake for their loss to the Rays in 2013. Amazing seats - about five or six rows back, just to the left of home plate - the crowd was outrageous because there were no Rays fans their because they're like unicorns, and they got spanked.

I'm a big fan of the format as well. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't in attendance for the 2012 game though, cause I know my drunk ass would have been throwing stuff on the field.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, how the fuck do yall have nearly 11200 posts on this thread?

They cap the rest of us at 10K.

I call BS.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call BS.

This reminds me of the scene in Pulp Fiction where Jules is asking the robbers for his wallet back in the diner and the broad robber says, "well, how do I know which wallet is yours?"

"It's the one that says Bad Motherfucker."

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves lost the Wild Card game after a blown infield fly call, UGA got blown out by South Carolina(though the season turned out to be pretty cool), The Broncos lost to the Patriots and I got damn lucky that Jeff Gordon didn't win at Talladega and finished second.

All in the same weekend of October 5-7th of 2012.

I almost gave up on sports.

Our biggest '09 heartbreak was the tie-breaker game in Minnesota. The Twins scored a run on a throwing error by Rick Porcello. Later, Don Kelly, playing outfield for the first time in the Metrodome, lost a ball in the ceiling that was scored a hit and led to another run. The Tigers took the lead in the 10th, only to have Fernando Rodney blow it and the game was tied again. In the top of the 12th, Brandon Inge's jersey was brushed by a pitch for what looked like a go-ahead HBP with the bases loaded, but the umpire didn't see the ball hit his shirt. The Twins then won it in the bottom of the 12th.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call BS.

Seriously though, I did some math on the subject just this morning.

The AL Central thread you're on right now averages 50.3 posts per day. The other five divisions combined average 1.2 posts per day.

You see, the other division fans kinda like baseball. It's like a cute hobby for them. Us? We live and breath this shit.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading a little more ... The Tigers were in 1st place in the ALC for 146 of 162 games of 2009. Just not when it counted.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The AL Central thread you're on right now averages 50.3 posts per day. The other five divisions combined average 1.2 posts per day.

You see, the other division fans kinda like baseball. It's like a cute hobby for them. Us? We live and breath this shit.
Does that mean we're like the Team SEC of the MLB boards?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt, the AL Central has the best fanbase on the Hoop.

I do most of my baseball plorstin on the Braves board though, so I guess I'm part of the reason the NL East thread doesn't do better.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest '09 heartbreak was the tie-breaker game in Minnesota. The Twins scored a run on a throwing error by Rick Porcello. Later, Don Kelly, playing outfield for the first time in the Metrodome, lost a ball in the ceiling that was scored a hit and led to another run. The Tigers took the lead in the 10th, only to have Fernando Rodney blow it and the game was tied again. In the top of the 12th, Brandon Inge's jersey was brushed by a pitch for what looked like a go-ahead HBP with the bases loaded, but the umpire didn't see the ball hit his shirt. The Twins then won it in the bottom of the 12th.

Indians choked away the Wild Card against the fuck-stick White Sox in 2005 and the Red Sox won it. That filthy Mexican slob, Ozzie Guillen, was taunting Tribe fans during the games at The Jake like this:

ozzie-guillen-choke.jpg

Fuck that pendejo. I hope he chokes on his empanada.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn. Due to their irrelevancy, I'd forgotten how much I hate the fucking White Sox. They're the team I hate the most. Fuck them.

On one hand, I wish there was a White Sox fan regular on this thread so that I could berate him. On the other hand, we'd all have to keep a much closer eye on our valuables.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, the AL Central has the best fanbase on the Hoop.

I do most of my baseball plorstin on the Braves board though, so I guess I'm part of the reason the NL East thread doesn't do better.

Yeah, I jest. The Rangers have a serious contingency - their threads are usually rocking. They're also pretty good guys from my experience. Not many venture out of the Rangers board, though.

The Mariners, oddly, also have a good following on tHoop. I'm glad they stay put on their board though, or else this whole place would smell like infirmed pussy.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I jest. The Rangers have a serious contingency - their threads are usually rocking. They're also pretty good guys from my experience. Not many venture out of the Rangers board, though.

The Mariners, oddly, also have a good following on tHoop. I'm glad they stay put on their board though, or else this whole place would smell like infirmed pussy.

Our season thread is more active than you'd think considering how piss poor we've been the last few years.

But, the Mariners board is like the Nebraska board, eh?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our season thread is more active than you'd think considering how piss poor we've been the last few years.

But, the Mariners board is like the Nebraska board, eh?

Oh my God. When Kluber won the Cy Young over Felix, I went over there and was discussing it. I said that, if I had a vote, would probably voted for Felix, so I could understand why Mariners fans would be butthurt. That to me is supporting Hernandez and understanding why fans could be up in arms.

Holy shit. They lost their minds. You'd have thought I broke into their homes, fucked their wives, slapped their children and took shits on their kitchen tables. I think I might have been banned because of it. They were really fired up because I'd implied they might be "butthurt."

Thinnest-skinned bitches in sports. Honestly, that seems to go for Seattle fanbases in general - maybe even folks from the Northwest.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible? Shit, if you what to look at what's possible in terms of late season collapses, look no further than the 2011 Red Sox AND Braves. It was fucking amazing.

I don't remember all the details, but I'm sure @navamind and @Chewbaccer could edify us.

I don't know what you're talking about. The regular season ended on August 31st. Red Sox finished in first at 83-52. Best record in the AL.

Yep.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God. When Kluber won the Cy Young over Felix, I went over there and was discussing it. I said that, if I had a vote, would probably voted for Felix, so I could understand why Mariners fans would be butthurt. That to me is supporting Hernandez and understanding why fans could be up in arms.

Holy shit. They lost their minds. You'd have thought I broke into their homes, fucked their wives, slapped their children and took shits on their kitchen tables. I think I might have been banned because of it.

Thinnest-skinned bitched in sports. Honestly, that seems to go for Seattle fanbases in general - maybe even folks from the Northwest.
God help us all if the M's ever actually win a World Series. Can't wait to see what their version of the fucking 12 bullshit would be.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you guys noticed that at the bottom of the page, it says who's viewing the threads?

Right now there are six folks viewing. Four users and two guests. Who the fuck are the guests?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of them now.

Register you fuckers. Come take part in the schadenfreude!

You know, I bet Vice reads the thread without checking in so that we don't know it's him. He was checking in as Marlins2003 for a while but, it's been over a week. Wouldn't be surprised that the 'guest' is sometimes/often him.

Hey, Vice, have you realized how little you actually know about baseball yet?