• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is just looking for attention now. His "predictions" are getting obvious. The Doug Era is passing. It is too boring and predictable.

You would think so but we have been interacting with him for nearly a decade... It's just to amusing to stop I guess.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i'am proved right...iffy will say I didn't predict the exact day. So I was wrong.....lot. of things you haven't figured into the tigers 2nd half odds.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians looking over a sholder. For the tigers.
Reel in those injuns..slow. stead . I said by September 2 we will all see them spiral downward. I'am guessing by September 24. Tigers will be in control of the central.
I crunched the numbers. Took in account of Many factors. Desire,fire,injured players back to top form. And most of all HEART.

LOL. So Doug said, a couple of days ago, that the Indians were fading. Now that changes to September 2 !!!!. Talk about doing some back peddling.

A little history on those September 2 and September 24 dates. You see Slinky challenged doug to a bet that the Indians would have a better record than Detroit on Sept 2...after doug said something to the effect that Detroit would be in control by then. Of course, doug chickened out of the bet....with some lame excuses that showed he totally lacked not only HEART, but faith in his own team. Now doug has pushed the "Tigers will have control" date back to September 24. Again doug shows a complete lack of faith in his own word.

BTW doug. In your "Many factors"....did you consider Sanchez and Pelfrey as part of the Tiger's rotation?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You are wrong iffy. By not putting up my post proves that you a liar.
I said by September 2. It would be clear indians were in a downward spiral.didn't say they would be out of 1st on that date. Either way. Indians won't win the central

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you two just get a fucking room already?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Nolasco (5.22) against Matt Boyd (5.77) in The D tonight. Everyone throw some vCash on the over, and we'll probably get a 2-1 game.

:noidea:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ventura is great when he wants to be. He isn't walking nearly as many as was to start the season. It wouldn't be at all shocking to see him do pretty well in the 2nd half of the season. There's really no excuse for him to do so poorly with how talented he is.

You mean, other than the fact that he's an insufferable twat?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Nolasco (5.22) against Matt Boyd (5.77) in The D tonight. Everyone throw some vCash on the over, and we'll probably get a 2-1 game.

:noidea:

You want to hear a crazy stat with Matt Boyd. I literally had to go and look it up to make sure I had heard the sports talk radio guy correctly. In his last 190 IP in the minor leagues -- he has a 1.86 ERA.

Granted it is only AAA and AA, but if the guy learns to handle the pressure of pitching in the MLB, I think he will be a quality starter for us in the future.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to hear a crazy stat with Matt Boyd. I literally had to go and look it up to make sure I had heard the sports talk radio guy correctly. In his last 190 IP in the minor leagues -- he has a 1.86 ERA.

Granted it is only AAA and AA, but if the guy learns to handle the pressure of pitching in the MLB, I think he will be a quality starter for us in the future.

MiamiVice wouldn't be surprised if Boyd was a 2016 Cy Young contender.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps. You can survive on good stuff in the minor leagues. In The Show, your location has to be a lot better than Boyd's has been. He's 25 and has pitched only 92 MLB innings. So the window isn't closed yet, but it's starting to.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. You can survive on good stuff in the minor leagues. In The Show, your location has to be a lot better than Boyd's has been. He's 25 and has pitched only 92 MLB innings. So the window isn't closed yet, but it's starting to.

I think each player handles the pressures of the MLB differently. When you are called up for spot starts and fighting for a job, some guys tend to force things and let nerves get the better of them.

I think once Boyd settles down -- he can be mid to back end starter for us. His issues have been with missing his spots and giving up too many walks. His walk rate is almost double what it is from his minor league numbers. By missing his spots -- he falls behind in counts and he can't do that.

Last game -- we got to see him pitch ahead in the count against a very good lineup and he did really well. We shall see if he carried over any of that confidence against Minnesota.

I'm not ready to write him off though at only 25.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Minnesota Twins are winners today. Regardless of how the game goes.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once Boyd settles down -- he can be mid to back end starter for us. His issues have been with missing his spots and giving up too many walks. His walk rate is almost double what it is from his minor league numbers. By missing his spots -- he falls behind in counts and he can't do that.

Good point ... I do think he's trying to be too precise, instead of letting his good stuff work.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances tonight. Unlike the indians. Tigers will handle the twins