• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that 5.14 ERA he put up last night just screams Cy Young-worthy.
While Verlander wasn't on top of his game last night, his defense did not help out in the least bit. I don't think we will see many more games with Upton and Aviles together in the OF. The fly ball in the first inning, even Escobar was chilling at 1B waiting for one of them to catch it. They both pull up and let it drop for a "double" :L

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Verlander wasn't on top of his game last night, his defense did not help out in the least bit. I don't think we will see many more games with Upton and Aviles together in the OF. The fly ball in the first inning, even Escobar was chilling at 1B waiting for one of them to catch it. They both pull up and let it drop for a "double" :L

Good point. With J.D. out, Maybin having all these nagging/lingering injury issues, and iron-glove Moya coming up from the minors, the Tigers outfield D is going to be a clown show for the next several weeks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. With J.D. out, Maybin having all these nagging/lingering injury issues, and iron-glove Moya coming up from the minors, the Tigers outfield D is going to be a clown show for the next several weeks.
For sure. I was yelling at the TV last night. I'd rather see Gose in center if Maybin is out. I'm fine losing the offense if he can play solid defense (outside one of the most inaccurate arms I've seen in baseball on throws home)
Going to be interesting if Detroit has Moya, Upton and........Aviles? They may start playing circus music on the broadcasts any time someone hits it in the OF.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon expected back in about 10 days. Should be interesting how quickly they work him back into the lineup / how frequently they give him days off. I would think they don't want to overwork that wrist too early. 2 on, 1 off maybe for a couple weeks?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon expected back in about 10 days. Should be interesting how quickly they work him back into the lineup / how frequently they give him days off. I would think they don't want to overwork that wrist too early. 2 on, 1 off maybe for a couple weeks?
Should be interesting to see what happens with Eibner. If he keeps hitting, Orlando has a good chance of being traded or sent down, imo.

Last edited:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting to see what happens if Eibner. If he keeps hitting, Orlando has a good chance of being traded or sent down, imo.
He seems like he could be the odd man out. *his age and mediocre defensive skills being key factors

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like he could be the odd man out.
Yeah, for as shitty as Morales has been, he can be the shorthand man in a lineup that is mostly doing spit against lefties. Not too convinced Eibner isn't just a better version of Orlando's skillset at this point outside of speed.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for as shitty as Morales has been, he can be the shorthand man in a lineup that is mostly doing spit against lefties. Not too convinced Eibner isn't just a better version of Orlando's skillset at this point outside of speed.
Defensively, Eibner's an improvement, yes? Still unsure of how Eibner's offensive numbers will even out though. A shake up could prove fruitful though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, Eibner's an improvement, yes? Still unsure of how Eibner's offensive numbers will even out though. A shake up could prove fruitful though.
I would wager Eibner can probably hit lefties pretty reliably, but his offense vs RHP's is probably pretty questionable. Would explain, outside the injuries, why he has lasted until 27 in the minor leagues despite raw physical tools. The comps are also not that great for him. Lot of scrubby platoon types. At the same time- that's mostly what Orlando has been here as well with less pop and bad defense. With Gordon, better or worse, manning a spot in LF. You can probably rotate Eibner, Dyson, Morales between RF and DH until the deadline makes a decision on if the Royals are selling or buying. Gordon can maybe DH some too if you're feeling adventurous.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone (but maybe Doug) in TigerTown saw Castellanos being a .300 hitter this season. When he was hitting about .350 and leading the AL, I mentioned on the Tigers board that he was still striking out too much and his BABIP was a completely unsustainable .440, or something close to that.

That said, I think any Tiger fan should be thrilled if Castellanos hits .275 with 20+ HR and around 80 RBI, and maybe cuts down on the strikeouts this season by about 15-20.

He's also improved on defense ... from godawful in 2014, to crappy in 2015, to just plain "below average" this season. He's only made 4 errors in 61 games this year, and his RF/9 is near the league average for third basemen (2.62 vs. 2.68). Defensive Runs Saved is still at -6, though (meaning 6 fewer than the average 3B).
I wanted to trade castelonos in off season. He is about the only tradable player we have. I didn't see him getting off to such a good start at the plate. Not suprised he is dropping either. Wouldn't bother me if they traded him for a good arm

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer. Vs. Ventura.
Mark down another win for the tiger kid pitcher.
Easy win as tigers school the royals as to who runs the central. Wor F

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer. Razor sharp so far tonight..just saying

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't been as pretty as the other games, but still putting up zeroes. 31 innings in a row and counting for Fulmer, I believe.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ventura has kind of refound himself these last two starts and is leaning on his curve more instead of allowing hitters to sit on his fastball. Go figure- probably drops his appeal tomorrow with the pair of offdays upcoming.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt Hawk Harrelson is always fun.