• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals had to do it... Perez deserved the reward. I understand why they did it and commend them for doing it when they didn't have to... but truth be told... It isn't going to be good for the Royals in 3 or 4 years from now when Ian Kennedy, Perez, and Gordon all have deals that are paying them more than they are worth. Those three combined are going to be like 53 mil in payroll right there.. Do you think those three are going to be worth 53 mil in 4 years?

like Verlander, Miggy and Vmart in a few years? what will THAT amount be

Just because the Tigers, "Rewarded" Verlander and Miggy for getting them back to post seasons. The tigers did the same thing except with much higher values and without the WS Trophy.

Verlander hasn't been worth his contract for years now, Miggy's power is dropping from what they expected from him at the money they gave him. Vmart might be the biggest waste of money, much more than Gordon, but that's what happened when you sign a guy that's 37.

You talking about the Royals contracts is always laughable when they get compared to Tigers contracts. At least Perez and Gordon helped KC win a World Series.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian McCann made $17 mil at 31, Posey will get $21m at 31, Yadier at 31 got $15 mil.....6 years from now $13m looks freakin GREAT. All these catchers get beat up as well.

Once again, you didn't even to both to look at the value KC gets compared to his peers.
He won't even be at catcher in 2 years.. let alone at the age of 31.. Value for what? A guy that is probably a back up first base at that age?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like Verlander, Miggy and Vmart in a few years? what will THAT amount be

Just because the Tigers, "Rewarded" Verlander and Miggy for getting them back to post seasons. The tigers did the same thing except with much higher values and without the WS Trophy.

Verlander hasn't been worth his contract for years now, Miggy's power is dropping from what they expected from him at the money they gave him. Vmart might be the biggest waste of money, much more than Gordon, but that's what happened when you sign a guy that's 37.

You talking about the Royals contracts is always laughable when they get compared to Tigers contracts. At least Perez and Gordon helped KC win a World Series.
You can't compare the Royals ability to pay contracts out to the Tigers.. The Tigers have a large market.. the Royals are in the smallest market in the MLB.. and one of the smallest in all of pro sports... The Tigers bring in more revenue... hence.. they can spend more money... Not even getting into the fact the Tigers owner literally could buy the Royals owner and make him his personal car washer if he wanted.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here want to make a bet Perez is the starting catcher in KC 4 years from now? 3 years from now? LOL...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously @da55bums... you call doug a homer.. but you gotta be a god damn uber homer if you think that Perez is going to be the starting catcher for the royals at the age of 30.. fuck.. i don't even think he will be at the age of 28.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sal Perez had a great WS.. and was a huge part of the Royals success.. but as a hitter... his OPS+ is below average... so if he can't stay behind the plate.. he is worthless. You want to bet on a 240 lb catcher staying behind the plate for the next 6 years? While taking shots to his head on top of the wear and tear on his knees? LOL... People say Doug is a homer.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sal Perez has one more concussion and he might be done behind the plate... literally one more shot to the head and he might be done..

Like I said he deserved the money.. but they should have gave it to him now instead of pushing it back to when he will not be worth a shit and won't even be able to catch. A guy with a history of concussions, that plays catcher, and is 240 lb isn't someone you invest in long term unless they are an above average hitter.. he isn't.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare the Royals ability to pay contracts out to the Tigers.. The Tigers have a large market.. the Royals are in the smallest market in the MLB.. and one of the smallest in all of pro sports... The Tigers bring in more revenue... hence.. they can spend more money... Not even getting into the fact the Tigers owner literally could buy the Royals owner and make him his personal car washer if he wanted.
Tigers had 254 mil in revs last year Royals had 231 To compare yanks had 508 Tigers are middle of the pack
Plus all these owners are billionaires Know how they got that way DONT SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY:suds:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the Tigers spent more on their players and didn't get a ring, I got it, and Tigers waste more on bad contracts, got that too.

And Glass would be laughing at the Tigers owner as he shammied it with his WS ring on. Glass has something Illitch can't buy, but keeps trying.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers had 254 mil in revs last year Royals had 231 To compare yanks had 508 Tigers are middle of the pack
Plus all these owners are billionaires Know how they got that way DONT SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY:suds:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers had 254 mil in rev last year.. in a year they finished last... Royals had 231 in a year when they won the WS... the Royals are NOT going to win the WS every year... and they are NOT going to have 231 mil in revenue every year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC can NOT generate that kind of revenue every year. Good luck if you think they can.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be so funny to watch what da55bums says when the Royals fall back to being bottom feeders when they can not afford to keep their best players and have no decent players to replace them with from a shit farm system... Its going to be hilarious when everyone that is on their bandwagon jump back off and the Tigers are still there.. spending and maintaining their ability to make the playoffs.

LOL.. now the smallest market team in the MLB is going to be a perennial big spender LOL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after year after year....Vice tells everyone how shitty the Royals' franchise is, how awful their players are and/or will be. He degrades their fans, the team's owners, their players.....everything and anything that you can think of that is connected to the Royals! He does it EVERY FRIGGIN' YEAR!!!

And in the last two seasons....miamivice - Mr. Baseball Prognosis himself...has predicted the total demise of the Royals in the AL Central. Of course...the Royals went on to the World Series in both seasons, becoming World Champions in 2015. Yet SportsHoopla's Baseball Prognosticator Extraordinaire is back at it this season with the same dire predictions for the Royals now and in coming years.

PLEASE!!! Could you tell my WHY? Could you tell me FUCKING WHY, any of you even bother responding to him? Are you guys the ones that actually believe that that groundhog can predict the coming of spring? Shit....I'd ask the damn groundhog what place the Royals will finish before I'd ask Vice.

I think some of you are as dumb as he is. You keep looking at your dog's ass and expecting to see ice cream come out!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC Royals revenue last 5 yrs

2015 231 mil
2014 178 mil
2013 169 mil
2012 161 mil
2011 160 mil

Tigers Revenue last 5 yrs

2015 - 254 mil
2014 - 262 mil
2013 - 238 mil
2012 - 212 mil
2011 - 198 mil

LOL..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after year after year....Vice tells everyone how shitty the Royals' franchise is, how awful their players are and/or will be. He degrades their fans, the team's owners, their players.....everything and anything that you can think of that is connected to the Royals! He does it EVERY FRIGGIN' YEAR!!!

And in the last two seasons....miamivice - Mr. Baseball Prognosis himself...has predicted the total demise of the Royals in the AL Central. Of course...the Royals went on to the World Series in both seasons, becoming World Champions in 2015. Yet SportsHoopla's Baseball Prognosticator Extraordinaire is back at it this season with the same dire predictions for the Royals now and in coming years.

PLEASE!!! Could you tell my WHY? Could you tell me FUCKING WHY, any of you even bother responding to him? Are you guys the ones that actually believe that that groundhog can predict the coming of spring? Shit....I'd ask the damn groundhog what place the Royals will finish before I'd ask Vice.

I think some of you are as dumb as he is. You keep looking at your dog's ass and expecting to see ice cream come out!
This coming from the old fuck that responds to me more and has me as the subject of his posts more than anyone on this site.