• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A discussion about CFB transfers

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids are the best thing since sliced bread in high school. The coaches that recruit them talk about how they could earn a spot on the STs or the 2nd team or some even 1st team. Then when they make it they realize that they are last on the depth chart and remember that directional U wanted them too and they could break out there. IMO most transfers are all about play time. Some miss home and some can't cut the academics but the majority are I want to play now types. Those that go D2 are anyway.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I believe that was Griffith's first ever kick in a game? He'll be okay I think. But Foster turned into a head case at times...think LSU 2011 and Auburn 2013

Griffith's now 1/3 in his career right? And Foster just looks like the drunkass fratboy type. Was probably hammered for the game

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids are the best thing since sliced bread in high school. The coaches that recruit them talk about how they could earn a spot on the STs or the 2nd team or some even 1st team. Then when they make it they realize that they are last on the depth chart and remember that directional U wanted them too and they could break out there. IMO most transfers are all about play time. Some miss home and some can't cut the academics but the majority are I want to play now types. Those that go D2 are anyway.
-
That is a huge a part. Coaches take a lot of liberties with recruits. Does anyoen really think that most coaches sit kids down and say "I am giving you a 1 yr scholarship. Compete for your job, study, and stay out of trouble. If you do that you will probably earn the second year".

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I believe that was Griffith's first ever kick in a game? He'll be okay I think. But Foster turned into a head case at times...think LSU 2011 and Auburn 2013

These are what I was talking about, I don't put any blame on Griffith for what happened to end the Iron Bowl. The other missed field goals were the bigger problem.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we won't actually know until September.

What?

Yes we do. We had 2 FG kickers last year. Cade Foster is the one who missed a bunch of FG's over the year. We was a senior and is gone.

The kicker who missed the final Auburn kicker was a RS freshman. That kick was like 57 yards or something crazy and he wasn't really expected to make it, nor was what happened after his fault. If that had been about a 52 yarder, he would have made it and that is awesome.

There is no way in the world he is being cut. If anything, they are probably trying to teach him how to punt.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

Yes we do. We had 2 FG kickers last year. Cade Foster is the one who missed a bunch of FG's over the year. We was a senior and is gone.

The kicker who missed the final Auburn kicker was a RS freshman. That kick was like 57 yards or something crazy and he wasn't really expected to make it, nor was what happened after his fault. If that had been about a 52 yarder, he would have made it and that is awesome.

There is no way in the world he is being cut. If anything, they are probably trying to teach him how to punt.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans are fun.