• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A discussion about CFB transfers

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont necessarily agree with this. Kids leave for a lot of reasons. Fans tend to just say it is because they could not make the depth chart. That does happen, but family issues and general home sickness is a major part also. At the end of day, I fine with transfers. I actually think they are a good thing. If a kid is not happy at the school, it is unlikely he will end up making a difference or realizing his potential. Also, you really do not want unhappy kids in the program. That can negatively effect those around them. Another positive is the transfer opens up a spot for a kid that wants to be in the program.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't transfer it just drives me nuts when they leave a major university for some bible college no one has ever heard of just so they can play. Keep your head down, be grateful for the opportunity you have and get a degree.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a story about a kid that Spurrier ran out. It happens. People also fail to factor the difference in degrees. Assume a kid is run out of UCLA (since I never see those fans) and ends up at Texas State. Kid has been harmed.

Pat Dye released a Kicker named Robert McGinty because he said the kid couldn't kick. The guy transferred to Florida and kicked a 51 yarder to beat us in 1986...I was pissed that day.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Dye released a Kicker named Robert McGinty because he said the kid couldn't kick. The guy transferred to Florida and kicked a 51 yarder to beat us in 1986...I was pissed that day.

Forgive me, but I think that's fanfuckingtastic lol. I'm sure you can understand my feels bro.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would you recruit him if he couldn't kick.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harmed except for the fact it was an offer to begin with anyway.

I'd be fine with 4 year scholarships so long as they aren't directly tied to the team. IE: You can cut a kid from the team, and they are still able to finish school. Like a medical scholarship.
-
that assumes that kid is injured. if not, that assumes some breaking of rules.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think back to the last play of the 2013 Bama-Auburn game and you'll figure out what he meant.

That wasn't the kickers fault. And really, although everyone gives Saban shit for it, it was really the right thing to do.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the current system. If you transfer you sit a year.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the current system. If you transfer you sit a year.

Agree.

If we allow kids to transfer and play immediately, college football would become a scary free agency market. You'd have a lot of 'hired' guns moving about in their Junior and Senior years going to the other side of the fence where the grass is supposedly greener.

However, I do have not have a problem with players transferring. The 4 year scholarship offer is rarely extended and most players are under single year renewable scholarships. While most schools almost always renew them, their coaches are free to leave at any time and/or can get fired at any time, thus the players should have the same equal opportunity to leave at any time.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think kids should be able to transfer whenever and wherever (out of conference) they want without sitting out a year. Impact juniors and seniors probably wouldn't be transferring too much since they can just declare for the draft (or they can in a year). Plus QBs are the most important position and the impact QBs probably won't moving too much because the national championship contenders each year mostly have QBs in place already that they would have to beat out. It may occasionally happen but far less often than we think. Also some RS juniors or seniors can probably graduate if they want to leave and be eligible to play somewhere else immediately if they really want to.

Finally, does someone want a kid at their program who doesn't really want to be there?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the kickers fault. And really, although everyone gives Saban shit for it, it was really the right thing to do.

I agree. I believe that was Griffith's first ever kick in a game? He'll be okay I think. But Foster turned into a head case at times...think LSU 2011 and Auburn 2013

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This to me is becoming more and more common. How do you feel about it? Are you on the side of the fence that believes the kids should be more accountable and honor their commits? Or do you take up the defense of the student athlete and believe if they aren't playing let them transfer.

The reason I ask is because Oregon has been hammered by transfers this year. I, as a fan of a team that never had the issue because the team never was stacked with depth.

You fans of teams with winning traditions and big time depth... Are you used to several transfers per offseason?

Or is this alarming? To me it makes me wonder... WTF is going on @ Oregon!!!!

2014 offseason transfers

LB Oshay Dunmore
LB Tyrell Robinson
LB Brett Bafaro
QB jake Rodrigues
QB Damion Hobbs
WR Eric Dungy
DB Eric Amoako
P Dylan Ausherman

Now, a few of these guys had discipline problems and a few others were buried on the depth chart. But still, it makes me wonder if new DC Don Pellum is too much of a hard ass and or HC Helfrich and Pellum are not what these players desire at HC and DC.

It is a head scratcher. If you read this, thank you. Your opinion on the matter is appreciated.

Signed, Concerned Oregon Ducks fan....

While 8 seems like a lot in one season, it really just means that you guys have entered "the big time". USC has a few who transfer out every year. The majority of the time, it's kids who couldn't cut it or didn't want to do the work to earn playing time. Sometimes a kid gets there and realizes it just isn't the right place for them.

I always look at transfers as the opportunity to replace a kid who doesn't want to be at USC with one who does.