• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.31 Mutts @ the other Andrew S

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Velez was a Blue Jays product.

When's the 'cut-off' for that, in your opinion?

Velez played 178 games for Toronto, all in A-ball or below. He played 226 games with SF before debuting in A-ball up to AAA.

I'd probably consider him a Jays' product as well, but (for example) would you consider Lucius Fox a Giants' product or a Rays' product at this point?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the 'cut-off' for that, in your opinion?

Velez played 178 games for Toronto, all in A-ball or below. He played 226 games with SF before debuting in A-ball up to AAA.

I'd probably consider him a Jays' product as well, but (for example) would you consider Lucius Fox a Giants' product or a Rays' product at this point?
I consider a guys first team his “producer”. Fox is a Giants product. I acknowledge it is definitely a gray area, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is weird. Garcia got about 4 or 5 “cup checks” in the post-game line up.

I do not get that...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Giants' website, Chris Haft (I think it's still him) does a Q&A with fans. One fan asked why the Giants don't trade Joey Bart for a power bat. My money is on @msgkings322 who asked that question.
I will have you killed....

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider a guys first team his “producer”. Fox is a Giants product. I acknowledge it is definitely a gray area, though.
I think, in cases like Velez, both teams can claim him as a product of the their farms. However, someone like D-Rod can't really be claimed by the Giants' farm as one of their products. Even then, my thought on that can change because he didn't really start producing until the Giants started working with him.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game.

Props to Suarez for the 7 inning shutout

Aramis Garcia for his first homer, and RBI's

Shaw for his first RBI

Belt for two XBH

:clap:
Great game and great to see the Giants allowing so many rookies a chance to play this year. For all my grumbling about how they've handled some guys, they haven't gone the washed up veteran route as much as they have in years' past.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Suarez. He works quickly. He doesn't walk too many people. He's around the plate. And he knows how to pitch, not just throw.
The Giants farm has graduated Duggar, Slater (technically last year), Garcia, Shaw, Stratton, Moronta and Suarez (with a nod to Black), and promoted Hanson, Rodriguez and d’Arnaud this year.

All from a bottom 5 system.

Fuck you, national writers.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants farm has graduated Duggar, Slater (technically last year), Garcia, Shaw, Stratton, Moronta and Suarez (with a nod to Black), and promoted Hanson, Rodriguez and d’Arnaud this year.

All from a bottom 5 system.

Fuck you, national writers.

They've lacked the star-power and household names in recent years (about 6 years now), but they just continue to produce these useful players. This year has especially been a banner year. To give national writers some slack, it's hard to project those guys. But still they never seem to get credit for it

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great interview with Amy G. Looked like the kid was ready to break down there at the end. Look forward to seeing him a lot at the end this year and in the future.