• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

62 Games Remaining

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 62 games left in the regular season the 'torture' seems to be escalating!. I guess this is what we Giant fans live for and are used to! We're slowly moving into the the area where every W becomes really big. All we need to do is reach the playoffs and then it's a crap-shoot from there on out. Not sure how long we can trot out some of these line-ups before we run into the 'June' scenario again. Can't afford a 5-14 run at this point in the game. I'm not even sure going .500 will be enough to secure a playoff spot.

The loss of Cain seems to be offset to some degree by the emergence of Timmah 3.0. He has been great his last 8-9 games. But Biggie isn't either a Cain or a Timmy but he may be enough to get it into the playoffs. Also not sure how long we can keep sending out 2-3 sub-mendoza line position players before we get really hurt by that. Very hard to hold your ground when you've lost Cain, Belt, Oxy and Scoots (to a large extent) for extended periods.

Our strength has been the pen. They are just amazing. Pence has been solid. Panda has returned to form after a horrid start to the season. Craw has slipped dramatically. Also seems to have affected his defense to some extent. I still think he is better than the .235 hitter we see at the moment. Morse also seems to have gone into a funk of sorts. Blanco is a decent 4th OFer but he's starting way too many games for a 4th OFer.

I think we will get there in the end .... but it is going to be a long torture filled adventure. I'd love to pick up Zobrist but I think we will see Uggla before the end of the month and also another SP. As much as I am not a Colon fan ... he may be an interesting choice if we can get him for a two month rental fee!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colon is NOT a rental. He is signed through next season as well, at 11M. The Mets are looking to dump his contract, not pick up prospects, but the Giants are not looking to add salary, so I wonder if he is a fit for us.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colon is NOT a rental. He is signed through next season as well, at 11M. The Mets are looking to dump his contract, not pick up prospects, but the Giants are not looking to add salary, so I wonder if he is a fit for us.

Then I'd pass on Colon ... one hell of a gamble for 11M .... living in NY I wouldn't mind if they went after Niese (spelling?) ... but I haven't seen anything to indicate he's available.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'd pass on Colon ... one hell of a gamble for 11M .... living in NY I wouldn't mind if they went after Niese (spelling?) ... but I haven't seen anything to indicate he's available.

Niese is still under team control for multiple seasons, isn't he? I doubt the Mutts are eager to deal him.