• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 team playoff

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. The question left is does this only apply to blue bloods or will any one loss team with a decent resume but no league title get the same treatment

It applies to all, but it's going to be most frequent with blue bloods for the same reason blue bloods are most often the better teams.

And if all else is equal, the blue blood is gonna get the nod. And they should - if all else is truly equal.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about every year there has been controversy. We wouldn't be having this discussion if something unfair didn't happen every year. Last year Alabama got in and they didn't even win their own division. They didn't even play in a conference championship.

How does a team win the national championship when they didn't even win their own conference?
They’re among the best 4 teams...

A little controversy is okay, especially when it means we don’t have to deal with an 8 win team weaseling their way in. Who was left out last year that really deserved to be in? Based on your opinion I mean, not based on winning a conference, from what you saw, who was left out who really should have been there in Alabama’s place?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you don’t get. College football has had playoffs for years. It’s been decades since the champ was rewarded for the regular season. The “season matters” thing has always been complete BS

I don't get how someone could claim the season hasn't mattered since...polls decided the winner, rather than them deciding the top2 or 4 teams and letting them play it out.

That just seems extremely off.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which OOC game got Alabama in despite the fact that they didn't win their conference?

Was it

Fresno St.
Colorado St.
Mercer
or
Chattanooga

Tell me again how non conference is so important?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neutral site is boring if it's the same 3 cities or so

i don't care about traveling to exotic Texas or Atlanta again for a football game

i'd rather see the other team's campus and town and whatnot

(our game in Lambeau was a great neutral site though!)

That's valid if you go to games and want that variety. But from a competition stand point and all that, I like em.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which OOC game got Alabama in despite the fact that they didn't win their conference?

Was it

Fresno St.
Colorado St.
Mercer
or
Chattanooga

Penn State and Florida State

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it

Fresno St.
Colorado St.
Mercer
or
Chattanooga

Fresno St.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how someone could claim the season hasn't mattered since...polls decided the winner, rather than them deciding the top2 or 4 teams and letting them play it out.

That just seems extremely off.

I gave the LSU example. That might have been the most impressive regular season in the last 20-30 years. Undefeated and they played a hell of a schedule. That was erased and nobody remembers them, because they lost a rematch. Nobody said “they split the series over the course of the season, so they split the title”. When you say the “season matters”, you really mean the season matters for picking a playoff (whether it is 2-4 teams). That is the same for every sport, doesn’t make CFB special. Nobody really means the regular season decides the champ. It’s a nonsense argument to try to keep CFB the same. People used it against a 4 team playoff

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it

Fresno St.
Colorado St.
Mercer
or
Chattanooga

I’m guessing Chattanooga, the team you made up that was really Florida State, didn’t hurt.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If you know that winning your conference gives you an auto bid then you have no problem playing tough OOC schedule because it doesn't hurt you at the end of the season.
except your players take a beating and might miss out on future games due to injuries

or did you not read when someone posted that a bit earlier?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave the LSU example. That might have been the most impressive regular season in the last 20-30 years. Undefeated and they played a hell of a schedule. That was erased and nobody remembers them, because they lost a rematch. Nobody said “they split the series over the course of the season, so they split the title”. When you say the “season matters”, you really mean the season matters for picking a playoff (whether it is 2-4 teams). That is the same for every sport, doesn’t make CFB special. Nobody really means the regular season decides the champ. It’s a nonsense argument to try to keep CFB the same. People used it against a 4 team playoff

I've never in my life seen a case where the winner of the rematch was not rightfully ranked above the loser, regardless of the previous outcome.

And in the end, LSU didn't pull it off. Otherwise you are right - it would have been the most legendary season ever probably. But yet, there have been many cases just like it where teams have gone all year looking great only to lose the bowl game.

They played a great season and played in the BCS. So not really sure what makes the LSU season so different.

:think:

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re among the best 4 teams...

A little controversy is okay, especially when it means we don’t have to deal with an 8 win team weaseling their way in. Who was left out last year that really deserved to be in? Based on your opinion I mean, not based on winning a conference, from what you saw, who was left out who really should have been there in Alabama’s place?

UCF should have got a shot. Under the 6 team playoff, they would have.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

So you're upset because Alabama is playing games on the platform for which almost all big sports games are played on - neutral sites, regardless of them constantly playing high quality teams.

Yeah, I'll just be adding you to that "My entire opinion revolves around hating Alabama" category. Unless you are a season ticket holder for Alabama, and I'm guessing you aren't.
I ain't too sure about this. Depends on the definition of "all big sports games".

If we are talking college sports, then yeah, ALL big ones, i.e., playoffs are on neutral sites. CFP, March Madness, College World Series, Frozen Four, etc.

But when you add in pro sports, only the Superbowl is played at a neutral site. NBA, MLB and NHL all have their entire playoffs on a home and home basis.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't too sure about this. Depends on the definition of "all big sports games".

If we are talking college sports, then yeah, ALL big ones, i.e., playoffs are on neutral sites. CFP, March Madness, College World Series, Frozen Four, etc.

But when you add in pro sports, only the Superbowl is played at a neutral site. NBA, MLB and NHL all have their entire playoffs on a home and home basis.

Yeah but that's because they have series of games rather than single ones. If they were single, bet your ass they would be neutral as well.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except your players take a beating and might miss out on future games due to injuries

or did you not read when someone posted that a bit earlier?

By the same token, it could be said that is why Alabama plays cupcakes late in the year.............to avoid injury. Change the playoff to only conference winners and Alabama never pulls that none sense again.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF should have got a shot. Under the 6 team playoff, they would have.

Thank you, this is why there is no need to expand.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Les Fuckin Miles

:facepalm5:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never in my life seen a case where the winner of the rematch was not rightfully ranked above the loser, regardless of the previous outcome.

And in the end, LSU didn't pull it off. Otherwise you are right - it would have been the most legendary season ever probably. But yet, there have been many cases just like it where teams have gone all year looking great only to lose the bowl game.

They played a great season and played in the BCS. So not really sure what makes the LSU season so different.

:think:

Exactly, because the post season is weighted greater than the regular season. Like every other sport, your resume during the season is thrown out in the playoffs. See, you do understand