• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if the Heat eat the last year of Wes Mathews. Id rather sink my cap room into RFA's and FA's that are on the market that will get much more team friendly contracts considering the paucity of cap space around the league.
What about the Spurs?

It's looking likely that Kawhi is out.

Since Gasol looks absolutely cooked, think they'd be in the Whiteside Market?

Before anyone says it, no, I don't mean for Kawhi....lol

Atlanta and the Nets maybe?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is going into his walk year next year.....that should be an interesting situation. He will be 33 next summer.

Man did he age fast. I still think of him as maybe late 20s

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point before the series when I talked about experience being a factor. Miami, being the more experienced team, was able to adjust between games and implement those adjustments better than the Sixers did.

Same thing at the end of the game. The Heat, especially D-Wade, played like they've been there before, the Sixers didn't.

I agree that the Sixers probably still win this series. But it certainly looks like it will be a good bit tougher than it looked like it would be after game 1.
Wade went Joe Johnson, the playoff edition , last year for the Jazz.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes- trolling is saying its awful to pay a guy 25M a year that plays a combined 27 minutes in 2 playoff games because hes a bad matchup. :L
No, trolling is going out of your way to bring it up, even if it isn't relevant to the conversation.

This particular time, it's relevant.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Spurs?

It's looking likely that Kawhi is out.

Since Gasol looks absolutely cooked, think they'd be in the Whiteside Market?

Before anyone says it, no, I don't mean for Kawhi....lol

Atlanta and the Nets maybe?

If the Spurs are willing to give us a 1st this year and a 2nd next year for Whiteside, I'm good with it.

No way we're getting Kawhi. That's not happening.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and he's gone after the Season....imo.

But, at the time they gave him the deal?

Yes, it was completely justifiable.

They couldn't just let him walk.

Same happened with Tristan.

At the time, no brainer.

Now?

He's stir fried Shit.

Exactly. Unfortunately, sometimes what is a completely justifiable/necessary signing at the time, ends up looking bad down the road for reasons that didn't really exist at the time the contract was offered.

Tristan Kardashian is a great example. Even at the time, no other team in the league was giving him the contract he got. But the Cavs were so capped out that they couldn't even move him for a less expensive player who would provide the same things TT did. So, TT got himself a contract that he wouldn't have gotten under any other circumstances.

Whatever has become of TT over the past couple of seasons doesn't change the fact that it was a necessary deal for the Cavs at the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas, Phoenix, Clippers, Lakers.....maybe Knicks.

Not sure what Portland does with Nurkic, bees with Howard.

So, maybe them too.
I cant see the Lakers burning their cap space on Whiteside- it would eat one of those two spots they have worked so hard to open up---- i think theyd wait and go after a guy like Klay before taking Whiteside.

The Knicks could be a desitnation but with their cap situation the Heat would have to take back some bad money. Noah is on the books for 19 next year- Hardaway Jr. for 17, Kanter for 19, Courtney Lee for 12, ---Heat would either have to take back Kanter or Noah and i dont see that since I cant see the Heat wanting Kanter or Noah----- you cant have Kanter, Noah and Whiteside- 3 centers making over 60M, lol.

Portland might be an interesting destination. They have some really bad money on the books too--- Lillard and McCollum make about 50M combined---- but then you have Turner at 17, HArkless at 10, Leonard at 10, Aminu at 7. Nurkic is an RFA. Maybe like Harkless, Loenard and a couple picks? McCollum for Whiteside is a pipe dream.

Clippers is interesting if DJ walks. I gotta think Rivers picks up his PO worth 13....then you have Dallo at 21, Harris at 15, Lou at 8, Milo at 6, Wes at 6, Boban at 10 and Bev at 5. Would the Heat do a Gallo for Whiteside swap ya think?

Phoenix could be interesting depending on what they do/get in the draft. They have a ton of picks- if they take Ayton itll be interesting. They would prob have to send money back--- maybe Tyson Chandlers 13M expiring along with some talent like former lotto guys Chriss or Bender. I doubt thaty would give up on Josh Jackson so quickly.

Sacramento has clear books and is always a sucker and they have some interesting young talent. I think they are prob more interested in the RFA and FA market though seeing as they are a long ways off---Whiteside will be 29 this summer. thats a team that I think should sell out for Jabari. Imagine if they draft Jackson, sign Jabari.....all of a sudden having Fox, J. Jackson, Jabari, Hield, Caluey Stein, Giles, is not a bad little core.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see the Lakers burning their cap space on Whiteside- it would eat one of those two spots they have worked so hard to open up---- i think theyd wait and go after a guy like Klay before taking Whiteside.

The Knicks could be a desitnation but with their cap situation the Heat would have to take back some bad money. Noah is on the books for 19 next year- Hardaway Jr. for 17, Kanter for 19, Courtney Lee for 12, ---Heat would either have to take back Kanter or Noah and i dont see that since I cant see the Heat wanting Kanter or Noah----- you cant have Kanter, Noah and Whiteside- 3 centers making over 60M, lol.

Portland might be an interesting destination. They have some really bad money on the books too--- Lillard and McCollum make about 50M combined---- but then you have Turner at 17, HArkless at 10, Leonard at 10, Aminu at 7. Nurkic is an RFA. Maybe like Harkless, Loenard and a couple picks? McCollum for Whiteside is a pipe dream.

Clippers is interesting if DJ walks. I gotta think Rivers picks up his PO worth 13....then you have Dallo at 21, Harris at 15, Lou at 8, Milo at 6, Wes at 6, Boban at 10 and Bev at 5. Would the Heat do a Gallo for Whiteside swap ya think?

Phoenix could be interesting depending on what they do/get in the draft. They have a ton of picks- if they take Ayton itll be interesting. They would prob have to send money back--- maybe Tyson Chandlers 13M expiring along with some talent like former lotto guys Chriss or Bender. I doubt thaty would give up on Josh Jackson so quickly.

Sacramento has clear books and is always a sucker and they have some interesting young talent. I think they are prob more interested in the RFA and FA market though seeing as they are a long ways off---Whiteside will be 29 this summer. thats a team that I think should sell out for Jabari. Imagine if they draft Jackson, sign Jabari.....all of a sudden having Fox, J. Jackson, Jabari, Hield, Caluey Stein, Giles, is not a bad little core.
Nobody is taking Gallo....lol

So, we are screwed.

Yeah, I don't see Portland giving up CJ for Whiteside.

But, do you think they'd do it for......Kawhi?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wade is capable of sustaining that output.

Not for a deep playoff run he can't.

But for a series. I think he can, especially if this really is his last one. Wouldn't be the first past his prime all-timer to pull that off.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Unfortunately, sometimes what is a completely justifiable/necessary signing at the time, ends up looking bad down the road for reasons that didn't really exist at the time the contract was offered.

Tristan Kardashian is a great example. Even at the time, no other team in the league was giving him the contract he got. But the Cavs were so capped out that they couldn't even move him for a less expensive player who would provide the same things TT did. So, TT got himself a contract that he wouldn't have gotten under any other circumstances.

Whatever has become of TT over the past couple of seasons doesn't change the fact that it was a necessary deal for the Cavs at the time.
Spot on.

You pay the guy if you don't have the means to replace him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for a deep playoff run he can't.

But for a series. I think he can, especially if this really is his last one. Wouldn't be the first past his prime all-timer to pull that off.
......which is what you said before the series began.

Experience matters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is taking Gallo....lol

So, we are screwed.

Yeah, I don't see Portland giving up CJ for Whiteside.

But, do you think they'd do it for......Kawhi?
i think if the Spurs trade Kawhi it will be for a big package and picks more so than just 1 star like McCollum. Itll be to Boston, or Philly or maybe even Cleveland.

Boston can of course package some combo of Tatum, Brown, Horford to match cap space, and some of the multitude of picks they still have coming. For some reason i think Ainge is happy with what he has though and wont go after Kawhi-- he will be happy with Hayward, Kyrie, Horford, Tatum, Brown and the picks etc....

The Sixers could package some combo of Saric, Fultz, Covington, picks,

The Cavs could package the Brooklyn pick, a guy like Cedi, maybe Hood/ Nance Jr., maybe even Love in their too.....

The team would obviously have to be a contender that trades for him - and the Warriors and Rockets dont have the assets unless they want to give up one of their cornerstones which i dont see happening. Toronto doesnt have the ammo.

What about John Wall? The Wiz played really well while he was out at times and he has some history of not being the best team oriented guy. Hes under contract for a long time too i think.

Honestly--- if the Cavs offered the Brooklyn pick, and whatever else it took- i wnder if that would come close.....

I just think John WAll is a dark-horse/sleeper candidate to hit the trade market this summer.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Wade ball out was pretty good, man.

I have to post when you want me to? Get the fuck over yourself. You're acting like a pussy. Maybe not an act...

easy to say THAT from the safety of your keyboard, wouldn't you say, asshole...?

keep up with these punkass drive-by posts though, chump stain. you pretty much proved yesterday who the pussy REALLY is...

#talkshitBETTER manup:finger:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, a couple of seasons ago, I would have loved for the Lakers to get Whiteside. But with the team they have now and the pace they play at...I don't see them having interest. Certainly not on a near max deal.

They'd be better off hanging onto Lopez, at least he's developed a somewhat reliable 3 point shot.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if the Spurs trade Kawhi it will be for a big package and picks more so than just 1 star like McCollum. Itll be to Boston, or Philly or maybe even Cleveland.

Boston can of course package some combo of Tatum, Brown, Horford to match cap space, and some of the multitude of picks they still have coming. For some reason i think Ainge is happy with what he has though and wont go after Kawhi-- he will be happy with Hayward, Kyrie, Horford, Tatum, Brown and the picks etc....

The Cavs could package the Brooklyn pick, a guy like Cedi, maybe Hood/ Nance Jr., maybe even Love in their too.....

The team would obviously have to be a contender that trades for him - and the Warriors and Rockets dont have the assets unless they want to give up one of their cornerstones which i dont see happening. Toronto doesnt have the ammo.

What about John Wall? The Wiz played really well while he was out at times and he has some history of not being the best team oriented guy. Hes under contract for a long time too i think.

Honestly--- if the Cavs offered the Brooklyn pick, and whatever else it took- i wnder if that would come close.....

I just think John WAll is a dark-horse/sleeper candidate to hit the trade market this summer.
Oh yeah, totally....

Dude is a top 5 or 6 player when healthy.

Multiple picks/players will have to be conveyed.

Ps. Great call on Wall.

If they go out with a whimper in the first round, changes are coming.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Washington gets knocked out of the 1st round again, you have to start asking yourself where are you going to go with a Beal/Wall backcourt? Seems at this point the ceiling is 2nd round if everything goes their way. Not exactly ideal. Plus, I personally think Wall's overrated. But maybe that's just me.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just trashside--- the 25M a year 15 minute player.

Mecca- can you really defend paying a guy 100M dollars that has played a combined 27 minutes in two playoff games because he is a bad matchup?

Since when do you give a guy 25M a year that cant stay on the court because hes a terrible fit in today's NBA? I mean cmon now. Its positively awful.
Yeah he's almost as overpaid as Tristan Thompson

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

@TurnUpTheHeat , @ChiefsLakers67 I know you guys think I'm insane.

But, this is why I like Wiggy.

When he puts the trolling aside, he knows his Shit.

Only problem is, he only puts the trolling aside once every 25 posts....lol

:crazy:
yup...

But 1) it's your world, sista...

and 2) I'M not crazy enough to ever fuck with your magic...:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, totally....

Dude is a top 5 or 6 player when healthy.

Multiple picks/players will have to be conveyed.

Ps. Great call on Wall.

If they go out with a whimper in the first round, changes are coming.
id give them the Brooklyn pick, C. Osman and Clarkson for Wall. Id be a happy camper--- him with Love and LeBron would be a nice combo if you ask me.