• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I watch the Heat (which admittedly hasn't been a ton this year) Josh Richardson impresses me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Spoelstra a genius with his defensive adjustments of just a normal fluky game. IMO I would force Philly to have to shoot outside, excluding Reddick. But I would not let them penetrate. If they penetrate and kick out, thats less a worry than giving them layups. Wades game feels like a fluke. fun series

Fluke.....sure lol @Mecca is correct in what she said

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that when they polled the Cavs about DPOY candidates a few of the players actually mentioned Richardson and how well he plays defense. He got his 3pt% backup to just under 38% again this year too. Hes been very impressive.
Yep.

@TurnUpTheHeat , @ChiefsLakers67 I know you guys think I'm insane.

But, this is why I like Wiggy.

When he puts the trolling aside, he knows his Shit.

Only problem is, he only puts the trolling aside once every 25 posts....lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I think Lavine, Parker maybe Gordon could switch teams.

Now that the money is getting tighter, RFA is no longer a sure deal.

The only guy I'm 100% on staying put is Jokic.

Sign of the times...
RFA is getting tight. Its why I am hoping the Cavs can keep Hood at a fairly reasonable deal--- ideally like 3 years 30 would be awesome--- might have to go like 4 years 48 though-- which wouldnt be terrible.

I think the Heat signed Whiteside with the intention of always shopping him and keeping him as a trade asset--- but its not going to be easy to find a team to take a contract like that in today's fiscal environment- about 25M next year and about 27M the following year.

Jabari PArker will be very interesting. The talent is just immense. I would not hesitate to give him 3 years 45--- if he told me 4 years 64 would get it done id prob do that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I watch the Heat (which admittedly hasn't been a ton this year) Josh Richardson impresses me.

Best all around player on Miami. Once his offense becomes more consistent, he will be at an AS caliber level. His defense is as good as it gets for a SF IMO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

yes- trolling is saying its awful to pay a guy 25M a year that plays a combined 27 minutes in 2 playoff games because hes a bad matchup. :L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and he's gone after the Season....imo.

But, at the time they gave him the deal?

Yes, it was completely justifiable.

They couldn't just let him walk.

Same happened with Tristan.

At the time, no brainer.

Now?

He's stir fried Shit.

Also money was being handed out like crazy that summer. Bazemore got 4 yr/72 mil that year. There was not a better time to be a free agent than 2016 if you were a role player/avg basketball player

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny that as hyped as Winslow was- Richardson becomes the much better player....the draft is a crap shoot at times--- its why you need as many bullets as you can get in the draft.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fluke.....sure lol @Mecca is correct in what she said

He is a HOFer who has shined on the biggest stage.

Shaq still had gas in the tank.

But, Wade was the catalyst for that first Championship.

No moment is too big and he is back where he is supposed to be.

If people are confused about the role he is playing, see Joe Johnson last Playoffs against the Clippers.

* sobs quietly *

He cooked us.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny that as hyped as Winslow was- Richardson becomes the much better player....the draft is a crap shoot at times--- its why you need as many bullets as you can get in the draft.
Yeah, I see Winslow as a Jae Crowder type.

But, he has got to develop that jumper, especially from 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and he's gone after the Season....imo.

But, at the time they gave him the deal?

Yes, it was completely justifiable.

They couldn't just let him walk.

Same happened with Tristan.

At the time, no brainer.

Now?

He's stir fried Shit.
i can see them trying to shop him, but im not sure i see a team willing to take about 25M next year and 27M the following year into their cap unless they are trading back at least some of their own bad money contracts.

Whiteside is pretty much one of their only avenues to shake it up if they want to considering their other contracts. Waiters is prob. unmovable with 2 years 25M remaining after this year. TJ is unmovable at 40M for the next 2 years. They wouldnt want to move Richardson who they are paying about 10M a year for the next few years on a very solid deal. James Johnson at 2 years 30M seems rather tough to move. Onlyn at 10 a year is reasonable.

Dragic is going into his walk year next year.....that should be an interesting situation. He will be 33 next summer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also money was being handed out like crazy that summer. Bazemore got 4 yr/72 mil that year. There was not a better time to be a free agent than 2016 if you were a role player/avg basketball player

Allen Crabbe, Biyombo Ffs....lol

You won't have any problem offloading that deal.

Dallas would take it in a heartbeat.

Ditto for the Suns, possibly the Lakers and Clippers.

Most of those teams had eyes for Boogie.

Not sure how much the injury changes that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

There's no denying that. Wiggy does provide stats behind his arguments. His one problem, particularly when it involves the Cavs/Heat/Lakers is he skews his argument pertaining to the information he gathers and doesn't see the bigger picture.

But when it comes to everything else, Wiggy's actually not bad; he's fine to talk about football with and other topics. But his homerism can often times get in the way. As bad as Wiggy can get, it could always be worst.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see Winslow as a Jae Crowder type.

But, he has got to develop that jumper, especially from 3.

His 3 ball actually been good this year. Just hasn't been there in the first 2 games. 3 pt % went from 27% in year 1 & 20% in year 2 to 38% this season.

He does put in the work which I appreciate.

I do agree with @WiggyRuss that J-Rich is the better player because it is obvious.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see them trying to shop him, but im not sure i see a team willing to take about 25M next year and 27M the following year into their cap unless they are trading back at least some of their own bad money contracts.

Whiteside is pretty much one of their only avenues to shake it up if they want to considering their other contracts. Waiters is prob. unmovable with 2 years 25M remaining after this year. TJ is unmovable at 40M for the next 2 years. They wouldnt want to move Richardson who they are paying about 10M a year for the next few years on a very solid deal. James Johnson at 2 years 30M seems rather tough to move. Onlyn at 10 a year is reasonable.

Dragic is going into his walk year next year.....that should be an interesting situation. He will be 33 next summer.
Dallas, Phoenix, Clippers, Lakers.....maybe Knicks.

Not sure what Portland does with Nurkic, bees with Howard.

So, maybe them too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid brings out the best of Whiteside.
It should be a great series.

That's the thing some (or maybe just one) of these Sixers fans don't seem to want to consider. It's not as simple as Embiid comes back and the Heat can't match that. Embiid playing changes the game to one where Whiteside can become much more of a factor.

Embiid is a better player than Whiteside, but Whiteside is good enough to be able to slow Embiid.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Crabbe, Biyombo Ffs....lol

You won't have any problem offloading that deal.

Dallas would take it in a heartbeat.

Ditto for the Suns, possibly the Lakers and Clippers.

Most of those teams had eyes for Boogie.

Not sure how much the injury changes that.
maybe if the Heat eat the last year of Wes Mathews. Id rather sink my cap room into RFA's and FA's that are on the market that will get much more team friendly contracts considering the paucity of cap space around the league.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't see Dragic being in the long term plans for the Heat. We're in agreement that Whiteside is likely on the way out. Only way TJ is moved (because he's still young) is if Miami attaches another asset. I don't think Waiters is on a bad deal given that he's making $12 mil per year for a starting 2-guard (he has 3 years left). Having said that, Richardson IMO is a better player so I would've liked if Miami had moved on from Waiters.

Johnson is not a good contract. I'm willing to admit defeat on that one trying to argue against it earlier.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing some (or maybe just one) of these Sixers fans don't seem to want to consider. It's as simple as Embiid comes back and the Heat can't match that. Embiid playing changes the game to one where Whiteside can become much more of a factor.

Embiid is a better player than Whiteside, but Whiteside is good enough to be able to slow Embiid.

I think Whiteside's the better overall defender. But agreed, Embiid is a better overall player and has a much higher ceiling than that of Whiteside.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Miami, frustrating game to watch as a Sixers fan. They crawled back to a 2 point deficit with minutes left and immediately went back to putting up the wild shots that caused them to fall behind instead of grinding it out. I still stick to my original prediction of Sixers in six, but it could have been a shorter series if they found a way to come back last night.

That was my point before the series when I talked about experience being a factor. Miami, being the more experienced team, was able to adjust between games and implement those adjustments better than the Sixers did.

Same thing at the end of the game. The Heat, especially D-Wade, played like they've been there before, the Sixers didn't.

I agree that the Sixers probably still win this series. But it certainly looks like it will be a good bit tougher than it looked like it would be after game 1.