• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Miami, frustrating game to watch as a Sixers fan. They crawled back to a 2 point deficit with minutes left and immediately went back to putting up the wild shots that caused them to fall behind instead of grinding it out. I still stick to my original prediction of Sixers in six, but it could have been a shorter series if they found a way to come back last night.

Reddick and RoCo simply couldn't buy a basket last night. And Bellinelli missing a wide open 3 late in the game sealed it.

Time to move on to Thursday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of crazy how identical Philly & Miami 3 point shooting were in the regular season.

Both teams made 11 3's per night. Miami did it on 36% shooting and Philly did it on 37% shooting

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Miami, frustrating game to watch as a Sixers fan. They crawled back to a 2 point deficit with minutes left and immediately went back to putting up the wild shots that caused them to fall behind instead of grinding it out. I still stick to my original prediction of Sixers in six, but it could have been a shorter series if they found a way to come back last night.

I'm in agreement as well. But even if the sixers lose this series, you have to feel pretty good about your future; more importantly, you're pretty marketable to that guy currently in Cleveland this offseason.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd quarter killed us.
Had enough juice to make it a one possession game, but Wade had other ideas.
Great win for Miami.
This was the physical game I was expecting and a possible blueprint.
Miami adjusted after losing, so now it's on Brett Brown and the Sixers to figure this out.
If Wade doesn't knock that ball from Dario the Heat don't win. Couldn't believe Dario let that happen in that spot.

I've always loved Wade. He was spectacular. Sorry it happened to our Sixers, but that performance was worth seeing. Old man shouldn't have that many of those left in him and the Heat might need 4 like that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade doesn't knock that ball from Dario the Heat don't win. Couldn't believe Dario let that happen in that spot.

I've always loved Wade. He was spectacular. Sorry it happened to our Sixers, but that performance was worth seeing. Old man shouldn't have that many of those left in him and the Heat might need 4 like that.

Na we won't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in agreement as well. But even if the sixers lose this series, you have to feel pretty good about your future; more importantly, you're pretty marketable to that guy currently in Cleveland this offseason.

Tristan?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na we won't.

Role players typically play better at home than on the road. Don't think we need Wade that many times to come through like that. Also, although Philly hasn't played Embiid yet this series, you could basically say the same thing about Whiteside. Because once Philly rolls out Embiid, you know Whiteside's going to start getting serious burn.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Role players typically play better at home than on the road. Don't think we need Wade that many times to come through like that. Also, although Philly hasn't played Embiid yet this series, you could basically say the same thing about Whiteside. Because once Philly rolls out Embiid, you know Whiteside's going to start getting serious burn.

probably looking at Thursday when that happens. sounds like he's anxious to get back...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally found Spo quote about Hassan in his press conference @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

"His activity level was superb," he said. "Without those 15 minutes it might have been totally different. Those were much needed. He got that fourth foul and I had the intention to put him back in the fourth. We just didn't get around to it when they made their run. They went even smaller. But we can definitely build on that."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally found Spo quote about Hassan in his press conference @Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

"His activity level was superb," he said. "Without those 15 minutes it might have been totally different. Those were much needed. He got that fourth foul and I had the intention to put him back in the fourth. We just didn't get around to it when they made their run. They went even smaller. But we can definitely build on that."

I watched the post game stuff before switching to Warriors.
Once we had a huge lead, I could see Spoelstra assuming Philly would look to shoot a bunch of 3’s, so it made sense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the post game stuff before switching to Warriors.
Once we had a huge lead, I could see Spoelstra assuming Philly would look to shoot a bunch of 3’s, so it made sense.

Absolutely made sense. I knew once we had a double digit lead that Philly was going to use the method you mentioned.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely made sense. I knew once we had a double digit lead that Philly was going to use the method you mentioned.

That being said, Whiteside needs to be smarter.
He’s good for 1-2 stupid fouls a game.
He rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.
He’s basically a 7 ft version of Beasley.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
You going to rip Embiid for his tweet?
In essence, same as what Whiteside did, or I’d day worse.
Whitside was answering questions.
Embiid went to twitter on his own.
i was actually going to rip Whiteside--- your 25M dollar man playing 15 minutes. lol

its just like i said---- in todays NBA- devoting a 1/4 of your payroll to a guy that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant guard the perimeter just is a total waste of $.

imagine if you could use that 25M on someone like a Jabari Parker in RFA this offseason.....yikes.

also- Embiid never said "ya know what- if they dont play me more I might just want to leave". lol. Embiid is frustrated with an injury--- not frustrated his ass is benched because he doesnt matchup and is a liability against a lot of lineups and cant make his way on the court due to his skillset--- not his injury.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I'm famous around here. Sixers play their worst game and only lose because Wade played his best. Not a sustainable formula for them. Who is worried? Are you fucking kidding?
Best young team EVER!!!!!!!

You can't talk that much Shit and not expect to get it back when you lose.

Philly in 6.

But, it won't be easy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine if you could use that 25M on someone like a Jabari Parker in RFA this offseason.....yikes.

That's a terrible example. I don't think any team would use 25M on Jabari Parker who tore 2 ACL's in his career already

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco threw up some questionable shots too.

He does that a lot. Marco wasn't really the problem last night. He didn't shoot well but at least he made baskets. Had Reddick and RoCo made a couple of their 3s the Sixers could have won that game.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was actually going to rip Whiteside--- your 25M dollar man playing 15 minutes. lol

its just like i said---- in todays NBA- devoting a 1/4 of your payroll to a guy that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant guard the perimeter just is a total waste of $.

also- Embiid never said "ya know what- if they dont play me more I might just want to leave". lol. Embiid is frustrated with an injury--- not frustrated his ass is benched because he doesnt matchup and is a liability against a lot of lineups and cant make his way on the court due to his skillset--- not his injury.
Parker?

Lmfao.....you mean on a 1 year deal?

That is way to much money for the chronically broken over multiple Seasons.

* see Gallo