• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the Sixers missed like 15 layups. Every defense worked last night.
The Heat turned up their physicality in game 2... those layups weren't missed in a vacuum, they were forced mistakes. There were many times when the 76ers looked discombobulated on offense.

Last night showed that if the Heat can be the more physical team, they have a path to victory.

The games gotta be played, though. The '6ers struck the first blow, the Heat responded well... we'll see where things go from here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat turned up their physicality in game 2... those layups weren't missed in a vacuum, they were forced mistakes. There were many times when the 76ers looked discombobulated on offense.

Last night showed that if the Heat can be the more physical team, they have a path to victory.

The games gotta be played, though. The '6ers struck the first blow, the Heat responded well... we'll see where things go from here.

I just hate the excuses. The Heat were the better team last night and deserved the W. Simple as that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate the excuses. The Heat were the better team last night and deserved the W. Simple as that.

no doubt in my mind. and it was pretty clear to anyone who actually watched it...

I'm interested personally in seeing if the Heat can keep it up. if they can it's gonna be a pretty cool series...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

If the Sixers were down 20 in the 4th, playing small, lauching a ton of 3’s vs Utah, Detroit, or other teams with traditional top C’s, do those C’s stay on the court?
I just think its hilarious anytime a "star" and max player can be limited to 27 minutes in 2 playoff games because he is such a thoroughly huge liability against certain lineups.

What did your max player do?

Well mine is averaging 13 minutes a game, 3 pts and 5 boards and 0.5 assists! lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if the Spurs trade Kawhi it will be for a big package and picks more so than just 1 star like McCollum. Itll be to Boston, or Philly or maybe even Cleveland.

Boston can of course package some combo of Tatum, Brown, Horford to match cap space, and some of the multitude of picks they still have coming. For some reason i think Ainge is happy with what he has though and wont go after Kawhi-- he will be happy with Hayward, Kyrie, Horford, Tatum, Brown and the picks etc....

The Sixers could package some combo of Saric, Fultz, Covington, picks,

The Cavs could package the Brooklyn pick, a guy like Cedi, maybe Hood/ Nance Jr., maybe even Love in their too.....

The team would obviously have to be a contender that trades for him - and the Warriors and Rockets dont have the assets unless they want to give up one of their cornerstones which i dont see happening. Toronto doesnt have the ammo.

What about John Wall? The Wiz played really well while he was out at times and he has some history of not being the best team oriented guy. Hes under contract for a long time too i think.

Honestly--- if the Cavs offered the Brooklyn pick, and whatever else it took- i wnder if that would come close.....

I just think John WAll is a dark-horse/sleeper candidate to hit the trade market this summer.
lol at you thinking SA would trade Kawhi to Cle for the Brooklyn pick, that clearly isn't going to land as high as they had hoped. They only have 1 player on that roster that SA would be interested in....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its hilarious anytime a "star" and max player can be limited to 27 minutes in 2 playoff games because he is such a thoroughly huge liability against certain lineups.

What did your max player do?

Well mine is averaging 13 minutes a game, 3 pts and 5 boards and 0.5 assists! lol

Nice sample size.
Both games were blowouts starting the 4th.
Phillys C hasnt played.

Regardless, getting that little production from our max player, we split on the road.

Ill take it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer down, Saucy.....

How do you see your team responding?

What do you think about your coach going with TJ more than Fultz?
lol @ simmer down saucy

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where else would he go?

As I see it there are only 2 places that make any kind of sense-

1. The Sixers--- and if he goes there he kind of looks like a mercenary.

2. The Lakers--- and the Lakers just are not very good. I mean- the Cavs are likely to get a better prospect than either Ball or Ingram with the Brooklyn pick that they can either trade or keep.

I just dont see anywhere else that is a realistic landing spot- and with the Cavs he can continue to win and make finals after finals-- esp. considering this team has barely had a chance to play together. They have the ammo to add a very solid player or two this summer with that pick as ammo and some of the young guys on their roster as ammo.

And like I was saying yesterday- as far as #2's go--- is Love not the best #2 in the East right now? I mean i guess you could consider Embiid, Lowry, Beale---- Hayward when healthy...?

He said two things matter- winning and family- and i dont see any location outside of Cleveland that can deliver those two things.

But we shall see.
Well, there are certainly other teams that can help him win & his family wasn't in Miami when he left the first time so why is that different now?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he says and what he means are two entirely different things.

If he stays with CLE or goes to LAL, he remains the #1 option on either team and has to do the heavy lifting in the regular season to get home court.

If he goes to PHI, he doesn't have to be the #1 and can coast through the regular season.

He should be thinking about longevity.
However, the only caveat is that the longer the Sixers stay alive, the more mercenary-like a move to PHI would appear.
I think Philly is the BEST option for him if he's interested in doing two things:

A. Extending his career by cutting down on his minutes
B. Getting back into win now mode

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly is the BEST option for him if he's interested in doing two things:

A. Extending his career by cutting down on his minutes
B. Getting back into win now mode
Houston then Philly.

LeBron and Cp3's window should creek closed around the same time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where else would he go?

As I see it there are only 2 places that make any kind of sense-

1. The Sixers--- and if he goes there he kind of looks like a mercenary.

2. The Lakers--- and the Lakers just are not very good. I mean- the Cavs are likely to get a better prospect than either Ball or Ingram with the Brooklyn pick that they can either trade or keep.

I just dont see anywhere else that is a realistic landing spot- and with the Cavs he can continue to win and make finals after finals-- esp. considering this team has barely had a chance to play together. They have the ammo to add a very solid player or two this summer with that pick as ammo and some of the young guys on their roster as ammo.

And like I was saying yesterday- as far as #2's go--- is Love not the best #2 in the East right now? I mean i guess you could consider Embiid, Lowry, Beale---- Hayward when healthy...?

He said two things matter- winning and family- and i dont see any location outside of Cleveland that can deliver those two things.

But we shall see.

I agree, we’ll see, but:

1. You better at least make the Finals this year.

2. Disregard anything he says. It means nada.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston then Philly.

LeBron and Cp3's window should creek closed around the same time.
Agreed, which is why I think Philly should be his first choice. Plus, CP3 is always hurt so that would really contradict my first point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree (not that he may stay in Cleveland).

What people seem to forget, intentionally or otherwise, is that if Lebron goes to the Lakers, he's not going there by himself. Another top FA will be coming with him either via trade or FA signing. The addition of Lebron and PG(?) would make the Lakers contenders.

As for not very good, definitely not great, but winning 35 games in a season that was about development, not wins and having Ball and Ingram both missing significant time speaks to them having the ability to be a pretty good team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays with CLE or goes to LAL, he remains the #1 option on either team and has to do the heavy lifting in the regular season to get home court.

He would be the Lakers #1 option, but I don't think he'd have to carry the load that he would in Cleveland. In Cleveland, he has to be the de facto point guard. With the Lakers, he wouldn't. Lonzo may not be able to shoot worth a damn, but he's as good a passer as there is in the league and has ridiculous court vision.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice sample size.
Both games were blowouts starting the 4th.
Phillys C hasnt played.

Regardless, getting that little production from our max player, we split on the road.

Ill take it.

Yeah....He is still obsessed with Whiteside.

Miami did what they had to do. Take a game in Philly. At this point it is only about wins and losses. Nothing else

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The playoffs are about adjustments as much as anything. The Heat did a better job with their adjustments than the Sixers did with theirs. Now it's up to the Sixers to adjust or face being down 2-1.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....He is still obsessed with Whiteside.

Miami did what they had to do. Take a game in Philly. At this point it is only about wins and losses. Nothing else

Cavs have 1 option, who just played 3000 minutes to secure a 4 seed.
We’ll see how it goes.