• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the Lakers #1 option, but I don't think he'd have to carry the load that he would in Cleveland. In Cleveland, he has to be the de facto point guard. With the Lakers, he wouldn't. Lonzo may not be able to shoot worth a damn, but he's as good a passer as there is in the league and has ridiculous court vision.
the last thing you want to put around LeBron is a guard that cant shoot. The second last thing you want to do with LeBron is take the ball out of his hands. Ball does both. There are AT LEAST 6 guys- if not 8-9 in this upcoming draft id rather have than Ball.

Its a bummer for the Lakers but the 2 years they got #2 overall picks were just not great years to draft near the top of the draft.

IF they had Ben Simmons and Kristaps Porzingis id be crapping my pants.

Plus- to sign George and LeBron it would cost at least 65M....if they can clear that by renouncing Randle, either stretching or attaching a significant asset to Deng---- there would be just about nothing left after that.

If they "stretch" Deng- you take the number of years left- double it- and add 1- and then prorate the salary---- so- Deng has 2 years 36M left--- if they stretched him- they would be able to spread 36M over 5 years- which equals just over 7M a year.

Deng- 7.2M (stretched)
LeBron- 35M
George- 31M
Ball- 7.5M
Ingram- 5.8M
Kuzma- 1.7M
Hart- 1.7M
= 90M for 6 players (since Deng would be gone). The cap is 103. There will be about 2M in cap holds for their 1st rounder (from the Cavs in the mid twenties) and 2nd round pick and required cap holds for the remaining mandatory open roster spots.

Considering where Houston and Golden State are- I think its doubtful the Lakers would even make it out of the 2nd round.

Instead:

LeBron
Love
JR
TT
Hood
Hill
Nance Jr.
Clarkson
Korver
Osman

AND the Brooklyn pick, either as trade ammo, or to bring in a very highly rated player. WORST case scenario someone like Trae Young or Colin Sexton- each a much better fit than Ball with LeBron. Best case scenario a potential super star like Ayton or Doncic or Bagley or Jackson or Bamba.

and of course not having to play Houston or GSW until the Finals. AND of course a SUPER MAX.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last thing you want to put around LeBron is a guard that cant shoot. The second last thing you want to do with LeBron is take the ball out of his hands. Ball does both. There are AT LEAST 6 guys- if not 8-9 in this upcoming draft id rather have than Ball.

Its a bummer for the Lakers but the 2 years they got #2 overall picks were just not great years to draft near the top of the draft.

IF they had Ben Simmons and Kristaps Porzingis id be crapping my pants.

Plus- to sign George and LeBron it would cost at least 65M....if they can clear that by renouncing Randle, either stretching or attaching a significant asset to Deng---- there would be just about nothing left after that.

If they "stretch" Deng- you take the number of years left- double it- and add 1- and then prorate the salary---- so- Deng has 2 years 36M left--- if they stretched him- they would be able to spread 36M over 5 years- which equals just over 7M a year.

Deng- 7.2M (stretched)
LeBron- 35M
George- 31M
Ball- 7.5M
Ingram- 5.8M
Kuzma- 1.7M
Hart- 1.7M
= 90M for 6 players (since Deng would be gone). The cap is 103. There will be about 2M in cap holds for their 1st rounder (from the Cavs in the mid twenties) and 2nd round pick and required cap holds for the remaining mandatory open roster spots.

Considering where Houston and Golden State are- I think its doubtful the Lakers would even make it out of the 2nd round.

Instead:

LeBron
Love
JR
TT
Hood
Hill
Nance Jr.
Clarkson
Korver
Osman

AND the Brooklyn pick, either as trade ammo, or to bring in a very highly rated player. WORST case scenario someone like Trae Young or Colin Sexton- each a much better fit than Ball with LeBron. Best case scenario a potential super star like Ayton or Doncic or Bagley or Jackson or Bamba.

and of course not having to play Houston or GSW until the Finals. AND of course a SUPER MAX.

Best case is Philly.

Simmons
Redick
Lebron
Saric
Embiid

Fultz
Covington
McConnell
Belineli
Ilyasova
Lottery Pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have 1 option, who just played 3000 minutes to secure a 4 seed.
We’ll see how it goes.
one option?

Kevin Love would EASILY be the Heat's best player- and hes a 20-10 guy when healthy and the Cavs 2nd option. All Star.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao yet ANOTHER bitchass drive-by post. hilarious...

let's get one thing straight here, junior. I didn't say a damn thing. matter of fact i'm not even a Heat fan, so DO quit trying to make shit up...

but yep, the Heat sure did get their asses kicked in game 1. but here's where the story gets better...:D

YOU came along running your idiotic mouth. YOU pretty much implied the Heat had no chance in beating you. then, when game 2 went down your team got straight PUNKED, YOU, li'l man, were nowhere to be found...:lol:

now, DO try to explain how this makes ME the bitch...?:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

oh, but AFTER all the dust settled you're gonna try to slink your back and salvage what little pride you had left...?

don't make me laugh...!!

this shit's comedy GOLD, chickennuggets. DO keep up the good work...

#lookwhoscryingnow:dhd:
I was here within the hour. Quit being a faggot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case is Philly.

Simmons
Redick
Lebron
Saric
Embiid

Fultz
Covington
McConnell
Belineli
Ilyasova
Lottery Pick
roster wise absolutely. If he wants to play the mercenary thats a very attractive option. I dont think he wants to do that.

But we shall see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one option?

Kevin Love would EASILY be the Heat's best player- and hes a 20-10 guy when healthy and the Cavs 2nd option. All Star.

I like Love, but he’s flawed.
I didnt see Cavs game 1, but wasnt he exposed?
Also, hes been yanked in big moments cause of defense.

You cant have it both ways.

#peoplehereseerightthroughyou

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roster wise absolutely. If he wants to play the mercenary thats a very attractive option. I dont think he wants to do that.

But we shall see.

Isnt that what he was when he left Miami?

I know the hometown stuff, but perceived best chance of winning is really priority 1.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew the Heat/Sixers would be the most popular 1st round series thread on here???

BKS, so true. It has been an entertaining thread.

Hey Mecca, I am sick of kevin hart too

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention Love isn't healthy. hasn't been since his early days in Minny. At this point I'm not so sure there are many other teams where he's the #2.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was here within the hour. Quit being a faggot.

wasn't DURING the game...

quit being a piss ant...:D

so now we know you have nothing but chatter and rainbows. lmao and you're calling ME a faggot...?

personally i'm finding it funny that you made an ass out of YOURSELF. maybe you should watch how you come at people from now on...?

just friendly advice...

or you can just STAY hot under the collar...

bottom line is if you're gonna talk shit be prepared to take it...

or simply zip your face hole...which i'm sure everyone around here will appreciate...:dhd:

DO try to have a nice day, chickennuggets...

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't DURING the game...

quit being a piss ant...:D

so now we know you have nothing but chatter and rainbows. lmao and you're calling ME a faggot...?

personally i'm finding it funny that you made an ass out of YOURSELF. maybe you should watch how you come at people from now on...?

just friendly advice...

or you can just STAY hot under the collar...

bottom line is if you're gonna talk shit be prepared to take it...

or simply zip your face hole...which i'm sure everyone around here will appreciate...:dhd:

DO try to have a nice day, chickennuggets...
This is some beef of Twitter-like proportions.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one option?

Are the Cavs winning a game vs Philly if James couldnt play?
Answer is no.
Love isnt that type of difference maker.
He gets open looks because of LeBron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that what he was when he left Miami?

I know the hometown stuff, but perceived best chance of winning is really priority 1.
if winning was everything and the only thing why not just take a min. deal and go to golden state?

It ALL matters- winning, perception, money, family etc....

I totally acknowledge that there is a real chance LeBron leaves Cleveland this offseason,--- right now id ballpark it about 60/40 he stays---however when you put ALL the factors together I just do not see a landing spot that checks as many boxes as the Cavs do.

And I mean- if the Cavs had the team right now at the beginning of the season- Love, Hood, Nance Jr., Korver, Clarkson, Hill, JR, TT, Green, etc. there is no way they would be the 4 seed--- Especially when you factor in the Brooklyn pick as either bringing in a very talented young player or trade ammo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flawed? lol

id love to have a "flawed" 6' 10" big man that is about a 20/10 guy and maybe the best big man shooter in the league, and a phenomenal passer--- and as far as his defense goes-- of course hes not the best defender- but - if you have forgotten- he has certainly made some defensive plays when they count.

Arguably- I think Love is the 25th best player in basketball----

1. Bron
2. Durant
3. Harden
4. RW
5. Curry
6. Giannis
7. Kawhi
8. Davis
9. KI
10. Klay
11. Butler
12. Towns
13. Cousins
14. Lillard
15. George
16. Paul
17. Draymond
18. DeRozan
19. B Simmons
20. Wall
21. Porzingis
22. M. Gasol
23. N. Jokic
24. R. Gobert

Those are the guys I think are prob. better than Love

There is a next tier that I think Love is better than for a variety of reasons from injury to talent etc.- but you could make the argument for a few of them including: Hayward, Embiid, Lowery, Oladipo, Beale, Booker, Conley, D. Mitchell, CJ McCollum...I threw that together real quick so if i missed someone please let me know.

AT WORST - I dont see anyway you could call Love outside of the top 30 players in basketball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Cavs winning a game vs Philly if James couldnt play?
Answer is no.
Love isnt that type of difference maker.
He gets open looks because of LeBron.
lol....his stats are obviously suppressed by LeBron as well- unless you have just forgotten him going for INSANE stat lines like 26 pts 13 boards and 4 assists a night, lol.

the number of big men that can shoot, rebound and pass as well as Love in the history of the game are VERYVERY few.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't DURING the game..
:nono:

Was I here talking shit DURING the ass whooping game 1? No, bitch, I didn't come around until morning. When they lost I was here within the hour giving props to D Wade. You're a small little man to talk shit and not see that.:nod:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

Was I here talking shit DURING the ass whooping game 1? No, bitch, I didn't come around until morning. When they lost I was here within the hour giving props to D Wade. You're a small little man to talk shit and not see that.:nod:
I need to see some Embiid/Whiteside matches bad.

Ive been saying for years that the Sixers were doing it the right way and would eventually become a power. I think they are ahead of schedule considering they are the 3 seed and have such big time talents like Simmons and Embiid---- and other very very talented players like Saric, Fultz, Covington etc.

The Sixers will only continue to get better. The Heat are capped out and have very little flexibility next year. If the Heat cant beat the Sixers this year- going forward their chances will just continue to diminish considering the differing trajectories these two franchises are on.