• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

52-0 win by the Rams

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if the Rams can only play the Raiders every week. Can someone name the last game the Rams scored 50 points or more without looking it up ?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was against these very Raiders. Maybe it was against the Chargers in 2000.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill couldn't even pass for two hundred yards, what a loser.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill couldn't even pass for two hundred yards, what a loser.

:lol: I know you are being sarcastic!

Can't wait for the Hill supporters to come out and say told you so, again Hill didn't win this game, both wins with Hill in there were the two best games the ram TEAM has played in years. Defense played lights out, and Mason had a coming out game.

Plus the Raiders flat out suck!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty clear who the worst team in the NFL is after that one. How did the Chiefs lose that trainwreck of a team? Thursday night and driving rain, I guess.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great guess, Retro. 57 points against the Chargers in 2000, Greatest Show on Turf's most points ever scored.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda felt like Marshall was out there. But Faulk never had a 90 yard TD run did he? Was that the franchise record for longest rushing TD?
Tre Mason
Stedman Bailey

Defense is in beast mode!

Raiders are where the Rams were 4,5,6,7,8 years ago. Sad. Wonder who they will draft, cuz they are getting a top 3 pick for sure.

Our young guys needed this. Big time confidence booster.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait for the Hill supporters to come out and say told you so, again Hill didn't win this game, both wins with Hill in there were the two best games the ram TEAM has played in years. Defense played lights out, and Mason had a coming out game.

My 16 year old niece could have won this game at QB. (hell... Austin Davis could have, too. :wink: )

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great guess, Retro. 57 points against the Chargers in 2000, Greatest Show on Turf's most points ever scored.

Actually I had an inkling on that question. Some guessing involved but not by much.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largest Rams win since 1976 when they beat the Falcons 59-0 . Any game where you score 50 and shut out the other team is an incredible win. Let's see if the Rams can win out and show they have developed into a good football team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a freaking coincidence! :whistle:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a freaking coincidence! :whistle:

Vita, I'm hoping that you aren't serious that you think our defense is playing better because Hill is our QB?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was the Raiders but lets not forget the great start that Hill had.

Hill began the game with 7 straight completions. The Rams had 9 straight passes to open the game & Hill went 8 of 9 for 125 yards & 2 TD's in the Rams first 11 offensive plays.

The last 2 were rushing plays of course if you're doing the math. The first, a 5 yard run by T. Mason. The second, a 2 yard boot leg by S. Hill himself.

By the time the first quarter was completed, Hill was 10 of 12 for a 167 yards, 2 TD's & a 21-0 lead on 3 out of 3 Rams drives.

Yes the defense was outstanding in the first quarter too. They gave the Rams offense great field position in each of those drives.

However to suggest that Hill was not instrumental in this win is considerably discounting these overwhelming first quarter facts.

Some of you here may want to forget all that first quarter business because Hill is not your guy but I guarantee you the Rams Coaching staff will not.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, I'm hoping that you aren't serious that you think our defense is playing better because Hill is our QB?
The Rams defense came to play Smed, there is no doubt about it!

That said, QB play can effect the defense in many ways.

Poor QB play leads to short drives & bad field position and will show up in late in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Good QB play is just the opposite. They control the clock, control down and distance and keep the defense off the field and fresh to finish first halves and games.

Don't tell me Smed you actually disagree with this? :noidea:

Think about this, in our losses we had a lot of first half leads get cut down by the end of the half and lost more than our share of games in the fourth quarter.

The San Diego game was no exception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams defense came to play Smed, there is no doubt about it!

That said, QB play can effect the defense in many ways.

Poor QB play leads to short drives & bad field position and will show up in late in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Good QB play is just the opposite. They control the clock, control down and distance and keep the defense off the field and fresh to finish first halves and games.

Don't tell me Smed you actually disagree with this? :noidea:

Think about this, in our losses we had a lot of first half leads get cut down by the end of the half and lost more than our share of games in the fourth quarter.

The San Diego game was no exception.

I totally agree with you! The offense can make the defense look better than they actually are if you sustain long drives and keep your defense off the field, that being said, your offensive line can put you in bad long distance situations with their penalties and your special teams can get penalties that pin you deep in your own territory. As far as the early leads that we had, everyone will agree, after we got the leads we went away from what got us the lead, then the defense also played horribly, that is called piss poor coaching!!!!!!

These aren't Davis's fault, but that IS what was happening, and this happened quite often if you noticed?

Hill played well enough in each game that he has played, I give the Ram defense credit in the game against Denver, but at the same time that is the worst game Denver has played all year, they even mentioned that on the Denver game last night, you can't expect to win running the ball 10 times all game, even if Yiu do have Peyton Mannning. As far as the Raider game, it was great to see us play a good offisive andefensive, relatively penalty free game, but it was against the worst team in the entire NFL, so I loved the results, but obviously we are not as good as the results would indicate.

Hill has done nothing special in the two wins and he was actually pretty pedestrian, any average QB would have had the same results, given what Hill was given to work with! In Hills two losses this year, he did exactly what everyone was complaining that Davis did!

So as I have said earlier, if they are pretty much even in comparisons, you should go with the younger (much younger) QB and maybe we wouldn't have to talk about taking a QB with one of our top two picks next year. Also, if our defense dosent directly lose two of Davis's starts we would be sitting at 7-5, possibly 8-4 right now with Davis as our QB, you can't see that?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show what can happen when Tavon Austin, Bailey, and Mason get significant usage . The Rams need these guys involved going forward.

I know it was "only" the Raiders, but an impressive win nonetheless.

Please just let Bradford go.

I still wish the Rams wore blue and white uniforms.