• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

50 dumb senators

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Staleys and Spartans records are included with their respective teams. They simply changed the names and kept their records. The championship the Staleys won is included with the rest of the Bears championships.

Tell you what the name will change and then you can bandwagon onto a current good team. He'll you jumped on the Lakers, will Seattle or the 49ers be your new team?

You Do know they still talk about the Washington Senators. Right.oh crap. I challenged daddy now I'm at risk of being banned.

The records stick but not the history.

Who talks about the Senators?

You don't need to be banned...you just need to head back to "brokebitch mountain."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Smithsonian institute has traced the origin of the word and found out that native americans used the word to refer to themselves . you dont get any better then the smithsonian people

yet today on memorial day we have vets dying because our do nothing congress can find time to send a useless letter to the NFL but cant fix the VA to care of our own

Wow. These are you defense arguments. Blacks call themselves the N word on a daily basis but they still find it offensive coming from another race. And I guess racism doesn't exist on Memorial Day.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Staleys and Spartans records are included with their respective teams. They simply changed the names and kept their records. The championship the Staleys won is included with the rest of the Bears championships.

Tell you what the name will change and then you can bandwagon onto a current good team. He'll you jumped on the Lakers, will Seattle or the 49ers be your new team?

You Do know they still talk about the Washington Senators. Right.oh crap. I challenged daddy now I'm at risk of being banned.

does anyone talk about the staley's or the spartons ? no . and no one talks about the senators either in texas or minn. or here in DC

i have already stated what i would do if the team changes and what i will do . the bullets changed to be PC so i ditched them

if the skins do it because they are forced to that is one thing . to do it to be PC is another .

if i were to change teams it would be either the lions or the bears since i live about the same distance as both

as for banning anyone manster i have yet to have anyone banned in my whole career on this board .

try being a tad bit more mature in your rebuttals and let your facts do the talking instead of some cheap swipe at me :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. These are you defense arguments. Blacks call themselves the N word on a daily basis but they still find it offensive coming from another race. And I guess racism doesn't exist on Memorial Day.

come on !?! cant you read ? congress took up the skins team name instead of passing a law that would allow the Secretary of the VA to fire incompetent people .

44 vets died because of fake waiting lists and poor management

has nothing to do with memorial day but it has everything to do with not caring enough to get a job done and focusing on nonsense .

jeez , pick a topic govt could have fixed , job creation , health care , the debt , the deficit , pick your poison manster , the fact is this is a complete waste of taxpayers time and resources

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The term is not racist. Can you not read? Wait...you are a Dallas fan, probably not.

2) If we are forced to change the name, I say abandon the whole Indian thing. You don't honor people who are whiny little bitches, like the "Brokeback Cowboys."

Try doing just a little bit of research. You just might learn add something. The Racial Slur Database

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try doing just a little bit of research. You just might learn add something. The Racial Slur Database

Manster.. the term Jarhead is listed on that page as a racial slur. Should I be offended?? Because to tell you the truth the term Jarhead is something I take as a mark of honor and pride, along with Devil Dog. Just saying that a term can only hurt your feelings if you let it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah that fly by night website clearly is more reputable then the Smithsonian Ints.

and of course calling someone a redskins in a derogatory manner is a slur for sure but that isnt what we are talking about here now is it ?

our fight song "hail to the redskins " is hardly a song meaning to insult anyone

but again you are a cowboy fan just trying to stir the pot:ss:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster.. the term Jarhead is listed on that page as a racial slur. Should I be offended?? Because to tell you the truth the term Jarhead is something I take as a mark of honor and pride, along with Devil Dog. Just saying that a term can only hurt your feelings if you let it.

Are you telling me every Marine would welcome me (USAF) calling him a jarhead? I will agree the term only hurt those who let it, but from my reading the NCIA is against the redskins name.

Now the only reason I posted that link was because Gkekoa stated the word is not racist as though there is no debate.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that fly by night website clearly is more reputable then the Smithsonian Ints.

and of course calling someone a redskins in a derogatory manner is a slur for sure but that isnt what we are talking about here now is it ?

our fight song "hail to the redskins " is hardly a song meaning to insult anyone

but again you are a cowboy fan just trying to stir the pot:ss:

How about the initials NCIA? Chiefs Should the Chiefs change their name for more Respect? [Archive] - ChiefsPlanet

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night all. I will end my side of this argument with a prediction. Skinsdad will soon be a Seahawks fan. He nay be known as Hawksdad.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these 50 senators should spend more time on trying to change the name of the apache helicopter or go over to Chrysler and tell them to change the name of the jeep Cherokee.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should change the Rams name to the dogs or something for fear of offending white people or muslims. No wait, muslims like sheep and goats. Damn, I am confused. Are we really still discussing this nonsense? Really?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night all. I will end my side of this argument with a prediction. Skinsdad will soon be a Seahawks fan. He nay be known as Hawksdad.

god i wish you could read just a little

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There an easy way to fix this. The Logo is not in question it's the "racist" name that has drawn the complaints.

I'd like nothing better than for you team to lose its identity, but you don't have to lose too much of it. You can keep the colors and logo by simply renaming the team in honor of an respected Indian leader with the word red attached to his name. Change tge name to Red Cloud and be done with this fight. I mean each year the complaint drums get louder, the change will happen sooner than later.

Washington Red Cloud? WTF? I can't not think of a worse name. For starters most names that don't end in an "S" are terrible (Stanford Cardinal comes to mind - awful name). You are probably right - the debate gets more publicized over time - primarily since the media gets dumber & dumber & dumber and has to fill airtime, web-sites, tweets, etc 24 x 7. Sounds like you are their target demographic.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you telling me every Marine would welcome me (USAF) calling him a jarhead? I will agree the term only hurt those who let it, but from my reading the NCIA is against the redskins name.

Now the only reason I posted that link was because Gkekoa stated the word is not racist as though there is no debate.

There is no debate. What makes the word "racist?"

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see "fucking idiot" in there describing you. This was entertaining but also very wrong.

I thought a few were pretty funny and then I decided to look at a couple I was familiar with.

Haole- actually means foreigner (regardless of race). It has come to mean white boy and "papolo" is used for blacks. They can be used as a slur but they can also be used as a term of endearment. I married a Hawaiian and I'm a haole...my son is a hapa. Hapa isn't even close to being a slur.

Just because somebody wants a word to be a slur, doesn't make it one. The truth is, the only person that knows if the word is used as a slur is the one who used it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Smithsonian institute has traced the origin of the word and found out that native americans used the word to refer to themselves . you dont get any better then the smithsonian people

Speaking of the Smithsonian. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...edskins-racial-slur-racist-smithsonian/190094
"I can only imagine what it would be like to be at a football game at FedEx Field in a crowd of close to 90,000, all screaming at the top of their lungs, when what they are screaming is a racial slur," said Judith Bartnoff, a deputy presiding judge in District of Columbia Superior Court.

or Are You Ready For Some Controversy? The History Of 'Redskin' : Code Switch : NPR

And when the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian*hosted a symposium on Indian mascots in February, museum director Kevin Gover, himself a Native American, said the word was "the equivalent of the N-word."

It's interesting that you question my reading skills yet it's obvious it is you who has decided to stick his head in the sand and refuse to read anything that doesn't support your argument. I would think the board elected mod would be at least a little bit versed on the subject.

By the way. The man your racist founder named the team after, only claimed to be Indian to avoid war. Think about it. The team is basically named after a Draft dodger. That alone should turn the stomach of any self respecting member of the military.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Smithsonian. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...edskins-racial-slur-racist-smithsonian/190094
"I can only imagine what it would be like to be at a football game at FedEx Field in a crowd of close to 90,000, all screaming at the top of their lungs, when what they are screaming is a racial slur," said Judith Bartnoff, a deputy presiding judge in District of Columbia Superior Court.

or Are You Ready For Some Controversy? The History Of 'Redskin' : Code Switch : NPR

And when the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian*hosted a symposium on Indian mascots in February, museum director Kevin Gover, himself a Native American, said the word was "the equivalent of the N-word."

It's interesting that you question my reading skills yet it's obvious it is you who has decided to stick his head in the sand and refuse to read anything that doesn't support your argument. I would think the board elected mod would be at least a little bit versed on the subject.

By the way. The man your racist founder named the team after, only claimed to be Indian to avoid war. Think about it. The team is basically named after a Draft dodger. That alone should turn the stomach of any self respecting member of the military.

Museum director vs. Ives Goddard (senior linguist in department of anthropology) who actually studied the word.

Yeah, I'll take Goddard over a bureaucrat. You are echoing politicians if you listen to the director of the museum.

My question to anybody offended by the word REDSKIN is why? Nobody uses REDSKIN as a slur and the origin of the word was not a slur. You claim there was a period of time when it was used as a slur and that words meanings change over time. Well, if it changed from self-description, to slur, who is to say it's not back to being a descriptor? If you are offended by REDSKIN...let me really offend you by saying SCREW YOU.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster as much as I hate to say it you're gonna get your wish someday of them changing their name. These Libby's have nothing better to do than champion the plight of the native Americans and the indignity of the wretched slur that has been fine since 1932 but Barry and Harry won't let this injustice continue. But bottom line is week 17 in fed ex with the season on the line Tony will still throw the pick to whatever stupid name they come up with and this guy will be wearing his REDSKIN jersey unless they make illegal also.:whistle:

HTTR

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster as much as I hate to say it you're gonna get your wish someday of them changing their name. These Libby's have nothing better to do than champion the plight of the native Americans and the indignity of the wretched slur that has been fine since 1932 but Barry and Harry won't let this injustice continue. But bottom line is week 17 in fed ex with the season on the line Tony will still throw the pick to whatever stupid name they come up with and this guy will be wearing his REDSKIN jersey unless they make illegal also.:whistle:

HTTR

Kevin, believe me or not I really don't care if the team has to change the name, OK I will enjoy the uprising it would cause, but I'm not sitting here wringing my hand with evil laughter waiting for it. I'm just trying to point out that there are American Indians who do see the word as a slur. It really doesn't matter if I or any other non-Indian thinks about it.

For what it's worth I don't see the problem with the name but I have enough Native Indian in me to fill my little toe.