• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

50 dumb senators

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you evangelical or something.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mormon?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not religious. Cell phone is much easier to quick reply. Plus you are obviously quite bothered. So you will find me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look this isnt apolitical forum here . both sides can be extreme sometimes but lets try to keep this to the football side and not go into political debates .

use the off topic thread to debate republican and democrats liberal vs conservative views and hate ETC .

i will be the 1st to tell you i slant to the right but others on this board just want to deal with football and not political name calling

i am not concerned with who started what , i just want to get this away from political bashing

i engaged in it (and shouldnt have ) so i am guilty as charged

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not religious. Cell phone is much easier to quick reply. Plus you are obviously quite bothered. So you will find me.

I am not bothered at all, bro. Just laughing at the thought that hate is purely a Republican emotion.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look this isnt apolitical forum here . both sides can be extreme sometimes but lets try to keep this to the football side and not go into political debates .

use the off topic thread to debate republican and democrats liberal vs conservative views and hate ETC .

i will be the 1st to tell you i slant to the right but others on this board just want to deal with football and not political name calling

i am not concerned with who started what , i just want to get this away from political bashing

i engaged in it (and shouldnt have ) so i am guilty as charged

Understand completely. No problems here. :suds:

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senate dems signing this bull when their is a House bill ready to be passed to rein in VA officials. These people are absolutely worthless. Solving probs is the least of their concerns.

Well hate is a very republican word it seems so no surprise. You must really hate this guy.
Green billionaire prepares to attack 'anti-science' Republicans - CNN.com

Hate is a republican word….:lol:

Never mind that the democratic party was the party of slavery and segregation. And ONLY republicans use the word hate:L

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not bothered at all, bro. Just laughing at the thought that hate is purely a Republican emotion.

Ok I will quote you

I thought it was equally hilarious that you brought god in for a sneak assist in a thread where you could find comfort with your homies

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I will quote you

I thought it was equally hilarious that you brought god in for a sneak assist in a thread where you could find comfort with your homies

But but, I didn't. Figure of speech, my man. Anyhow, this isn't the forum to debate this stuff. Even though this topic (the Redskins name) is sorta political in nature. To that I say, they should keep the name as I do not believe it is or ever was meant as a slight to Native Americans.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senate dems signing this bull when their is a House bill ready to be passed to rein in VA officials. These people are absolutely worthless. Solving probs is the least of their concerns.

Hate is a republican word….:lol:

Never mind that the democratic party was the party of slavery and segregation. And ONLY republicans use the word hate:L

if you could please use the off topic thread for the politics . i am glad you want to talk football here but politics should be off the table here

and i know most of us , myself included , did this . lets not hijack the thread into a rep vs dems debate

i am not trying to single anyone out i am just trying to get us out of a name calling debate

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you could please use the off topic thread for the politics . i am glad you want to talk football here but politics should be off the table here

and i know most of us , myself included , did this . lets not hijack the thread into a rep vs dems debate

i am not trying to single anyone out i am just trying to get us out of a name calling debate

This whole conversation is about political correctness. You're right though, the skins name should not be political. Unfortunately 50 senators (Dems as I was pointing out) are pushing it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole conversation is about political correctness. You're right though, the skins name should not be political. Unfortunately 50 senators (Dems as I was pointing out) are pushing it.

i agree its hard with this subject . i do feel your pain about the whole issue because i am a vet .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Weasels if forced to change?

Cartoon of a Harry Reid like entity as the logo?
Maybe a picture of an Ass as the logo to commemorate those who signed the legislation?

Who is with me? I say if Congress wants to be stupid, let's really piss them off.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There an easy way to fix this. The Logo is not in question it's the "racist" name that has drawn the complaints.

I'd like nothing better than for you team to lose its identity, but you don't have to lose too much of it. You can keep the colors and logo by simply renaming the team in honor of an respected Indian leader with the word red attached to his name. Change tge name to Red Cloud and be done with this fight. I mean each year the complaint drums get louder, the change will happen sooner than later.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There an easy way to fix this. The Logo is not in question it's the "racist" name that has drawn the complaints.

I'd like nothing better than for you team to lose its identity, but you don't have to lose too much of it. You can keep the colors and logo by simply renaming the team in honor of an respected Indian leader with the word red attached to his name. Change tge name to Red Cloud and be done with this fight. I mean each year the complaint drums get louder, the change will happen sooner than later.

that is complete BS . you change the name you change the history of the team . the wizzards are never assocaited with the bullets . the titans arent associated with the jets or the oilers of more recent times

no one talks of the great chicago staley's or the portsmouth spartons . those 2 teams became the bears and lions respectively

who talks about the braves in LA ? i doubt half of you know they were the clippers

so that argument doesnt hold water

so lets go all the way and rename Indiana and Indianapolis they were never named to be racist (just as the redskins i might add ) but that doesnt seem to matter now does it ?

i am catholic so i feel the saints name is sacrilegious so lets change that one

shoot the vikings mascot portrays the white man as a crazed knuckle dragging pillager and rapist so lets do away with that one too

the Smithsonian institute has traced the origin of the word and found out that native americans used the word to refer to themselves . you dont get any better then the smithsonian people

on fox news they debated the team name . the native american arguing for the change said the the american public only pays attention to them is to mess with our sports teams . so how much do i take seriously about the claims of offense ?

the fact is changing the name debate is nothing more then a deflection from the real problems . the problems of FAILED policy . The US has had over 150 years to help the plight of the native american and has done nothing

these senators and congressman have had many opportunities to help these people and have done NOTHING
changing the name of our team does NOTHING to put food on the table , create a job , open a school for anyone of these people .

yet today on memorial day we have vets dying because our do nothing congress can find time to send a useless letter to the NFL but cant fix the VA to care of our own

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is complete BS . you change the name you change the history of the team . the wizzards are never assocaited with the bullets . the titans arent associated with the jets or the oilers of more recent times

no one talks of the great chicago staley's or the portsmouth spartons . those 2 teams became the bears and lions respectively

who talks about the braves in LA ? i doubt half of you know they were the clippers

so that argument doesnt hold water

so lets go all the way and rename Indiana and Indianapolis they were never named to be racist (just as the redskins i might add ) but that doesnt seem to matter now does it ?

i am catholic so i feel the saints name is sacrilegious so lets change that one

shoot the vikings mascot portrays the white man as a crazed knuckle dragging pillager and rapist so lets do away with that one too

the Smithsonian institute has traced the origin of the word and found out that native americans used the word to refer to themselves . you dont get any better then the smithsonian people

on fox news they debated the team name . the native american arguing for the change said the the american public only pays attention to them is to mess with our sports teams . so how much do i take seriously about the claims of offense ?

the fact is changing the name debate is nothing more then a deflection from the real problems . the problems of FAILED policy . The US has had over 150 years to help the plight of the native american and has done nothing

these senators and congressman have had many opportunities to help these people and have done NOTHING
changing the name of our team does NOTHING to put food on the table , create a job , open a school for anyone of these people .

yet today on memorial day we have vets dying because our do nothing congress can find time to send a useless letter to the NFL but cant fix the VA to care of our own

That is the most important thing any one has said on this topic. Fuck the team name. Congress, do what you are supposed to be doing and don't worry about the name of a sports team. Public opinion will change it if its destined to be changed

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Staleys and Spartans records are included with their respective teams. They simply changed the names and kept their records. The championship the Staleys won is included with the rest of the Bears championships.

Tell you what the name will change and then you can bandwagon onto a current good team. He'll you jumped on the Lakers, will Seattle or the 49ers be your new team?

You Do know they still talk about the Washington Senators. Right.oh crap. I challenged daddy now I'm at risk of being banned.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The term is not racist. Can you not read? Wait...you are a Dallas fan, probably not.

2) If we are forced to change the name, I say abandon the whole Indian thing. You don't honor people who are whiny little bitches, like the "Brokeback Cowboys."