• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

50 dumb senators

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin, believe me or not I really don't care if the team has to change the name, OK I will enjoy the uprising it would cause, but I'm not sitting here wringing my hand with evil laughter waiting for it. I'm just trying to point out that there are American Indians who do see the word as a slur. It really doesn't matter if I or any other non-Indian thinks about it.

For what it's worth I don't see the problem with the name but I have enough Native Indian in me to fill my little toe.

:suds: well you and I have no damn say in what happens but I just think there are much bigger issues than this.:noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin, believe me or not I really don't care if the team has to change the name, OK I will enjoy the uprising it would cause, but I'm not sitting here wringing my hand with evil laughter waiting for it. I'm just trying to point out that there are American Indians who do see the word as a slur. It really doesn't matter if I or any other non-Indian thinks about it.

For what it's worth I don't see the problem with the name but I have enough Native Indian in me to fill my little toe.

If you can prove to me that the majority (or even a large #) of Native Americans have a problem with the name then great - change it. However - poll after poll after poll shows this to not be the case. I don't buy this stupid argument that "if even one Native American has an issue then change it". If that is the case should any of us force say the "Fighting Irish" to change their name since it represents a bunch of violent drunks?

To date the only ones I see strongly challenging the name are a.) incompetent journalists/bloggers who are attention whores 2.) even more incompetent politicians who want to cover up their lack of action on real issues & 3.) opportunists like this BS Oneida nation rep who makes tons & tons of $$ as part of the process.

Oh yeah - there are also people like yourself - Redskins haters - who pretend to be on board with this type of issue when in reality it is just another way to bash on the Skins. Enjoy since it appears you won't be enjoying the play of your team much in the coming season.

HTTR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can prove to me that the majority (or even a large #) of Native Americans have a problem with the name then great - change it. However - poll after poll after poll shows this to not be the case. I don't buy this stupid argument that "if even one Native American has an issue then change it". If that is the case should any of us force say the "Fighting Irish" to change their name since it represents a bunch of violent drunks?

To date the only ones I see strongly challenging the name are a.) incompetent journalists/bloggers who are attention whores 2.) even more incompetent politicians who want to cover up their lack of action on real issues & 3.) opportunists like this BS Oneida nation rep who makes tons & tons of $$ as part of the process.

Oh yeah - there are also people like yourself - Redskins haters - who pretend to be on board with this type of issue when in reality it is just another way to bash on the Skins. Enjoy since it appears you won't be enjoying the play of your team much in the coming season.

HTTR

he cant . he is here to troll now by his words and deeds . time to cut him off

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's not really Mansters style to troll threads on the skins board. Now poking the stick at times, we all do that with regards to the rivalry, but if you look at his history of posting on this board, it is not really his style.

It's just this topic that inflames people and I get that.

And he may well be right about the name ultimately changing. I don't agree with it happening or like it, but change may be coming regardless. The PC drums are raging and while it's unbelievable "sheeplike" mentality from many (and not the ones who count), it's what too many people focus on today instead of the more important issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's not really Mansters style to troll threads on the skins board. Now poking the stick at times, we all do that with regards to the rivalry, but if you look at his history of posting on this board, it is not really his style.

It's just this topic that inflames people and I get that.

And he may well be right about the name ultimately changing. I don't agree with it happening or like it, but change may be coming regardless. The PC drums are raging and while it's unbelievable "sheeplike" mentality from many (and not the ones who count), it's what too many people focus on today instead of the more important issues.

Agreed. Manster is alright in my book

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cut him off by no replying

i get upset when he pulls that hawks dad crap when i said exactly what i would do and who i would root for

to me that gets to being attacked as a bandwagon-er

and yeah i do take it that way because that is what it is

you want to talk BS go to the smack talk thread

want to debate the issue , then debate it but leave the insults at the door

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cut him off by no replying

i get upset when he pulls that hawks dad crap when i said exactly what i would do and who i would root for

to me that gets to being attacked as a bandwagon-er

and yeah i do take it that way because that is what it is

you want to talk BS go to the smack talk thread

want to debate the issue , then debate it but leave the insults at the door

Oh I thought you were gonna go Eastbay on him. It's tough not relplying sometimes, I wish injuries on no one but since they throw the RGKnee term around so much it is ironic what happened to Sean Knee. What comes around goes around I guess.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I thought you were gonna go Eastbay on him. It's tough not relplying sometimes, I wish injuries on no one but since they throw the RGKnee term around so much it is ironic what happened to Sean Knee. What comes around goes around I guess.

i didnt ban east bay . he was banned before i took over

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two points for Kev. Never even occurred to me to rename him. :clap:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anti-Redskins Letters sent to all NFL Players
The National Congress of American Indians and the Oneida Indian Nation are sending letters to each NFL player to encourage them to take a public stance against the Washington Redskins team name.

Per the Letter:
“The name does not honor people of color, instead it seeks to conceal a horrible segment of American history and the countless atrocities suffered by Native Americans.”

Anti-Washington Redskins groups to send letter to every NFL player - ESPN

Ugh, just ugh... Absolutely absurd.

While some may believe the term redskin is racist and does not honor Native Americans (this argument I can give credence to by believers), implying that by using the term the Redskins Franchise 'seeks to conceal a horrible segment of American history' is patently untrue, purposefully incendiary and appeals shamelessly to the lowest common denominator of mass hysteria.

Btw, if I disliked Richard Sherman in the past, it is is now a burning inferno.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt ban east bay . he was banned before i took over

He was begging to be banned. His follow-up private emails (at least to me) were beyond childish. He represents the worst traits of Cowboys fans.