• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs #1 Chicago Blackhawks WCF series thread

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely done, Kings!

I was driving home from work and was right by Staples on the 110 freeway just as they scored the first goal (listening on XM radio)... kind of neat.

I don't really see a Keith suspension but that was definitely messed up (screw the apology... doesn't excuse the intent to whack with the stick).

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely done, Kings!

I was driving home from work and was right by Staples on the 110 freeway just as they scored the first goal (listening on XM radio)... kind of neat.

I don't really see a Keith suspension but that was definitely messed up (screw the apology... doesn't excuse the intent to whack with the stick).

I think he should get a game for it. Like you said, just because he apologized or felt bad doesn't mean he didn't intentionally swing his stick at another players head. It's a dangerous play and he's lucky he only caught him in the chin, the NHL can't just let plays like that go.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHLonTSN: Elias: Voynov's 4 GWG tie the NHL record for a D-Man in 1 playoff year; the others are all in the Hall of Fame: Coffey, MacInnis and Leetch

Pretty nice company for Slava...

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a perfect game, but...
…a very complete game. Kings did a good job on forecheck and puck control, and actually won a faceoff or two for a change. DS’s starting line adjustments puzzled me a little at the beginning but they seemed to have a positive effect.

Muzzin looked a little scared but was decent, Toffoli continues to blossom…he will be a beast in coming years once he grows into (read: adds 15lbs of muscle) his body and has the potential to be a pretty special player.

Voynov. Resign him. Whatever it takes.

Heck, even King scored…which proves that even the sun shines on a dog’s ass once in a while…frustrating to see him regress from last year…wandering down the yellow brick road in search of puckhandling and awareness.

I’m losing patience with Regehr. I know he’s supposed to be the enforcer but I would shift him lower…..would switch Scuds and him in the D lines.

Game 4 should be special since the Hawks will undoubtedly try to adjust

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m losing patience with Regehr. I know he’s supposed to be the enforcer but I would shift him lower…..would switch Scuds and him in the D lines.

He's too slow for the speedy Hawks forwards, but he's a favo(u)rite of Dutter who is very loyal to players he likes.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slash_36910.gif

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, Regehr IS horrible... his fancy stats have been horrific for quite a while now, too, IIRC.

He really shouldn't be on the team (or any NHL team) but oh well.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Keith, Carter... Carter also embellishes and dives quite a bit but anyway... you can't just whack someone with the stick out of frustration like that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Keith, Carter... Carter also embellishes and dives quite a bit but anyway... you can't just whack someone with the stick out of frustration like that.

Keith said he was sorry rares so that should be good enough for Shanny.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not excusing Keith for his overzealous retaliation, but Carter was being a bitch too by swatting at Keith's ungloved hand.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if keith gets suspended (which I think he should min 1 max 2 games) that could be the series changer that LA needs. I would expect LA to get the media wagon burning about this ASAP

Sutter thought Keith deserved a harsher penalty for his actions, calling it "retaliation."

"I didn't think it was a four-minute penalty," Sutter said. "Thought it was a wrong call. ... That's three head injuries now in the playoffs for us. I don't know how to answer it. It's retaliation with a stick. It's not a high stick. Whatever they want to call it, they'll call it. Don't even need video."

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 21s
It sounds like there will be an NHL hearing for Duncan Keith later today.... waiting to find out more, stay tuned

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see a large degree of seperation between Keith did and what Bertuzzi did.

They were pissed, they swung at the head. The only difference is force of contact.

I like Keith, but that was precisely the shit the league HAS to stop.

And where were the Kings beating the shit out of Keith? The only "star" the Kings have left, Keith goes for the head and leaves the ice with all his teeth?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a large degree of seperation between Keith did and what Bertuzzi did.

They were pissed, they swung at the head. The only difference is force of contact.

I like Keith, but that was precisely the shit the league HAS to stop.

And where were the Kings beating the shit out of Keith? The only "star" the Kings have left, Keith goes for the head and leaves the ice with all his teeth?

to be fair

keith_display_image.jpeg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dutter has mellowed with age...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying Keith == Torres, but they should make it an in-person hearing just so he misses tomorrow's game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie24m
Duncan Keith's "accidents" are becoming fairly routine, aren't they?

Last edited by a moderator: