• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be mildly shocked if Embiid doesn't win DPOY. Only reason he wouldn't is his minutes restriction might screw him over in voting....maybe. But watching Embiid in game 4 on defense was nauseating as a Heat fan.
I'm going Rudy.

Both have missed time though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going Rudy.

Both have missed time though.

Rudy I think should get the nod. One guy that I think is still supremely underrated on defense is Josh Richardson. He could be the new Danny Green, but possibly with even better defense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors are better than the Pacers---- but when you look at this Pacers team there is something there. This team really likes eachother, it plays extremely hard, they listen to their coach and they dont make mistakes and they play as a team.

The Raptors have historically always seemed to make mistakes at the worst time, they get to ISO reliant, they cant guard the 3.

The Pacers are, in a lot of ways, kind of a tough matchup for the Cavs. One of the reasons why the Cavs went 1-3 against them in the regular season.

The Pacers are just a tough, well coached team that does not make mistakes. Playing against a Cavs team that has had very very little time to build chemistry gave them a fighting chance- as the Pacers chemistry is very very good.

Main difference between the Pacers and Raptors - Pacers aren't as talented but they have a belief in one another (like you pointed out) which leads to be a better mentality. The Raptors are a more talented team, but when the playoffs roll around, they're mentally fucked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main difference between the Pacers and Raptors - Pacers aren't as talented but they have a belief in one another (like you pointed out) which leads to be a better mentality. The Raptors are a more talented team, but when the playoffs roll around, they're mentally fucked.
i agree. Pacers dont make mistakes either for the most part, are well coached, have good chemistry and like eachother. They play team baksetball too

Toronto is a lot of iso ball with Lowry and DeRozan. They are more predictable offensively.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude gotta give some much needed credit to JR. He played some very very good defense.

Honestly- sadly enough- i think hes been the 2nd best Cav in this series thus far and I dont think its particularly close. His defense has literally changed the series.

Probably the one bright spot in this series is JR is actually doing something on that end.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus- and i dont think this point can be understated-

the further the Cavs get in the playofs, the better the team will be and the more dangerous they will become....

If this team can get out of the East, and has like 15-18 playoff games under their belt and faces a beat up Houston or GSW- you just never know what may happen. That might be going overboard- but i think my main point is true

the more games the Cavs play and the more experience they get playing together in the playoffs the more dangerous they become.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give credit to Lue, he's been able to keep his job for 2 years on a LeBron team.

I think only Spoelstra has been able to keep his job longer on a LeBron team and that was because Spoelstra is like Pat Riley's protégé and Riley would never get rid of Spoelstra.

Mike Brown was 6 seasons.

This notion that coaches don't last under LeBron just isn't true. Blatt is the exception not the rule.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brown was 6 seasons.

This notion that coaches don't last under LeBron just isn't true. Blatt is the exception not the rule.
Blatt was never going to last with LeBron.

Blatt had no clue how to treat NBA stars. Its his one failing that could be critical....X's and O's wise he is great. But- you cant act like you, as the coach, are more important than the players- and he did. The team hated him.

With LeBron- having a coach that LeBron likes and trusts is essential. Unfortunately- LeBron likes and trusts Ty Lue. :(

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus- and i dont think this point can be understated-

the further the Cavs get in the playofs, the better the team will be and the more dangerous they will become....

If this team can get out of the East, and has like 15-18 playoff games under their belt and faces a beat up Houston or GSW- you just never know what may happen. That might be going overboard- but i think my main point is true

the more games the Cavs play and the more experience they get playing together in the playoffs the more dangerous they become.

too scary...

and with Curry coming it ain't like the Dubs won't be "more dangerous"...

and obtw, ALL the teams get more "beat up" as they move further into the playoffs...

#Wiggyhopesandprayers:lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said in a previous post- this Pacers team has done nothing but defy expectations since October and that does not seem to be stopping now.

It really seems like a close-knit group of guys that like eachother. They seem to have a bunker mentality and are definitely not afraid. Its a team that is deep- and a team that is very solid defensively on the perimeter with guys like Oladipo, Joseph, Stephenson. Besides Love the Cavs really do not have the personnel to take advantage of the Pacers weaker interior defense.

IF the Pacers keep staying at home on the Cavs 3 pt shooters and singling LeBron- LeBron is going to have to have games close to what he did Wednesday night unless something else happens.

This 4/5 series has been great so far.

LJ did what he had to do (46 mins played) in game 4...he got it back to CLE 2-2...had to play the entire 2nd half to do it, but that's water under the bridge now, you'd hope) Nice lift from Clarkston and Green to pick up Love's scoring...11 boards, pretty good DEF so he was a factor still...hand an issue shooting I wonder?

Pacers got balanced scoring most of the night...imo the winner of game 5 will win the series, but it still might go 7.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatt was never going to last with LeBron.

Blatt had no clue how to treat NBA stars. Its his one failing that could be critical....X's and O's wise he is great. But- you cant act like you, as the coach, are more important than the players- and he did. The team hated him.

With LeBron- having a coach that LeBron likes and trusts is essential. Unfortunately- LeBron likes and trusts Ty Lue. :(

I agree. Blatt was brought in to get his feet wet in the NBA and lead a young team with Kyrie at the helm. Everything changed the minute Lebron came back to Cleveland and they traded Wiggins for Love.

At that point, Blatt was a man who got a job he didn't sign up for.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Likes Lue because he can walk all over Lue.

LJ doesn't appear to be THAT guy, but if it wasn't coach Pop, Riley, maybe Doc...most mega stars with rings might not be calling the plays, timeouts, etc, but they run the show.

That goes back to 80s when Paul Westhead got booted by Magic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ doesn't appear to be THAT guy, but if it wasn't coach Pop, Riley, maybe Doc...most mega stars with rings might not be calling the plays, timeouts, etc, but they run the show.

That goes back to 80s when Paul Westhead got booted by Magic.
Carlisle is a good one too.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the 76ers have a better defense than the Pacers?
Yes. Pacers didn't commit as much on defense in games 2 & 3 as they did in game 1. Sixers are very consistent on d.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlisle is a good one too.

Yep, agreed...imo what made Phil Jackson a superstar HC was not the Triangle OFC that Tex invented or re-invented...it was getting MJ to buy into it, and following that up with getting Shaq and Kobe to co-exist for as long as they did.