• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 games to go. 2 home, 3 away.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are mediocre at home. 3-3 on the season. 10-12 over the last 3 seasons including losing to us last year. Yea they can score but they're the team finding ways to lose games. Denver a few games ago with the extra point. They were pretty much shut down by Carolina. The only decent team they beat all year is Seattle and Seattle ain't what they used to be. They blow out SF and LA and people start calling them a playoff contender. I'm not saying we're going to win this game, it's 50/50 like pretty much every game so far this season and likely every one left, but chances are higher based on what's gone on this season that they would find a way to lose before we would.

They played OAK, SEA, DEN, ATL in 4 of those 6 games. They all but won 3 of those 4 games. This team could easily be 8-3 with a slightly weaker schedule.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played OAK, SEA, DEN, ATL in 4 of those 6 games. They all but won 3 of those 4 games. This team could easily be 8-3 with a slightly weaker schedule.

One less fumble in San Diego, a play here or there by Seattle and Carolina, and they are 2-9. It's the NFL, that door swings both ways. But what you said here is another way to say what I said. NO has lost to every decent team they played but one. All at home no less. The only way the schedule could have been weaker is if both Carolina games were at home.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One less fumble in San Diego, a play here or there by Seattle and Carolina, and they are 2-9. It's the NFL, that door swings both ways. But what you said here is another way to say what I said. NO has lost to every decent team they played but one. All at home no less. The only way the schedule could have been weaker is if both Carolina games were at home.

It could be a lot weaker if they played the AFC Central or South instead of the West. Conversely we have only beaten Avg teams (MN and Ind) on the road and lost to a shitty team (CHI). Our schedule has been much easier than theirs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game was being played in Detroit, how confident would you be in a Lions W?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game was being played in Detroit, how confident would you be in a Lions W?

I'd still pick the Saints. Our LB's couldn't cover a ladybug if you gave em a blanket. Brees IMO exposes it all day. Dink and dunk in the flats after it's cleared out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more.

Levy not missing an 11th straight game would have slightly less impact on my confidence.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more.

Levy not missing an 11th straight game would have slightly less impact on my confidence.

The real reason Levy was riding on top of that airplane:

sqjyvl.jpg

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a lot weaker if they played the AFC Central or South instead of the West. Conversely we have only beaten Avg teams (MN and Ind) on the road and lost to a shitty team (CHI). Our schedule has been much easier than theirs.

We're playing another average team on the road. If they're even average. They just aren't good enough to chalk this up as a loss.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're playing another average team on the road. If they're even average. They just aren't good enough to chalk this up as a loss.

Truly a Saints fan could say the same for playing just a average team at home IMO. The comebacks impress me to a point Trailing in the 4th qtr of 11 games does not.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly a Saints fan could say the same for playing just a average team at home IMO. The comebacks impress me to a point Trailing in the 4th qtr of 11 games does not.

The same number as Cleveland.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really that high? I thought it was more like 0.5 or 0.6.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure they could say the same thing. That's my point though. This game is about as 50/50 as it gets but most people seem to be giving it to the Saints. We would all love a couple comfortable wins, I know my heart could use a break, but losing in the 4th and winning is far better than losing at the end of the 4th. We've seen too much of the other in the past, gagging at the end of games. Finding a way to lose, each more agonizing than the last. But what we've seen this year is if we can hang around, and we've found a way to hang around all season, we'll likely find a way to win it or the Saints will likely find a way to blow it. I mean I could understand if we were going into Dallas this weekend but it's the Saints. I just don't think we should chalk this up as a loss.