• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 games to go. 2 home, 3 away.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers should finally be healthy just in time to fuck up our season
Sounds about right. They'll get it figured out before we have to play them..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Packer other than Rodgers has scored a rushing TD now this year.

They're going to win the division, again.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I def feel like they can be in every game left until the end, giving themselves a chance to go 5-0. It just seems so crazy.

It would be unusual for them to go 5-0, but they hang around and find a way to win. After playing 6-2 in the 2nd half last year, under this coaching staff, in a lost season, I wouldn't bet against it.

Quinn, in his 1st offseason, fixed the one unit he could fix in one offseason; special teams. Among the best in the league. The O-line struggled early, but seems to be improving. Very young unit. Reiff is the old man. The receiving unit is solid. Ebron is more of a WR and Boldin more of a TE, but it's all there. They need a RB. And Stafford seldom turns the ball over since Cooter took over.

And I think it's high time you gave Austin some props for getting decent play out of very little talent in 8 spots.

This team doesn't beat themselves. And if the other team can't get it done, Staff is certainly capable.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking so confident against NO. I think Stafford could have a great day, but the defense could get steamrolled.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be unusual for them to go 5-0, but they hang around and find a way to win. After playing 6-2 in the 2nd half last year, under this coaching staff, in a lost season, I wouldn't bet against it.

Quinn, in his 1st offseason, fixed the one unit he could fix in one offseason; special teams. Among the best in the league. The O-line struggled early, but seems to be improving. Very young unit. Reiff is the old man. The receiving unit is solid. Ebron is more of a WR and Boldin more of a TE, but it's all there. They need a RB. And Stafford seldom turns the ball over since Cooter took over.

And I think it's high time you gave Austin some props for getting decent play out of very little talent in 8 spots.

This team doesn't beat themselves. And if the other team can't get it done, Staff is certainly capable.

Right now both NO and GB terrify me. @Giants is 50/50. I give us a W vs. the Bears and a L in Dallas.

That's 2-3 at best, staring 1-4 in the face. I just really think 3 or 4 of our next opponents are better overall squads.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the defensive linemen getting better at knocking down passes, or does everyone do that against Bradford?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the defensive linemen getting better at knocking down passes, or does everyone do that against Bradford?

Good question on Bradford, he is not very mobile and rarely leaves the pocket to a fault. I'd almost say that's a scouting issue caught on tape. Being taught to go up with your arms if you can't get to a QB is a given with DL. His throwing lanes rarely change though IMO with his concrete feet.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Thruthefog
I've lightened up a little on my love for Austin. However he does a lot with no names. Noticed different guys making that impact play weekly. Used to be Suh or Levy, but not this season. Is that him or just our players?

I see guys react with what I feel is film prep and they anticipate right. Somebody is picking those tendencies up on film. But who is it, him, scouts or the players? Bynes had two plays. His one blitz when he blew up RB behind the line did not look like a blitz. He acted as if he read something the way he executed it. Almost a freelance feel to it. Then the screen he blew up, was like he was in thier huddle.

I will say that I almost 100% believe that was Austin's call on the coverage with Slay on the pic. I need to watch the coaches film when I get home, but Slay seemed to be set up on the outside third and Bradford was baited that way by the soft nickel coverage. TV angles sucked on the replays. Need to see that play from the booth and endzone angles on coaches clicker.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Thruthefog
I've lightened up a little on my love for Austin. However he does a lot with no names. Noticed different guys making that impact play weekly. Used to be Suh or Levy, but not this season. Is that him or just our players?

I see guys react with what I feel is film prep and they anticipate right. Somebody is picking those tendencies up on film. But who is it, him, scouts or the players? Bynes had two plays. His one blitz when he blew up RB behind the line did not look like a blitz. He acted as if he read something the way he executed it. Almost a freelance feel to it. Then the screen he blew up, was like he was in thier huddle.

I will say that I almost 100% believe that was Austin's call on the coverage with Slay on the pic. I need to watch the coaches film when I get home, but Slay seemed to be set up on the outside third and Bradford was baited that way by the soft nickel coverage. TV angles sucked on the replays. Need to see that play from the booth and endzone angles on coaches clicker.

I can't bring myself to say that it's a good defense, but they play hard and seem to get enough done most weeks.

I thought the offense would put more points on the board this year, but with AA on the shelf, the Lions don't really have a true RB unless the rook can step up.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the way Staff let that dumbfuck ref know about it when he blew his 'free play' dead on TG.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now both NO and GB terrify me. @Giants is 50/50. I give us a W vs. the Bears and a L in Dallas.

That's 2-3 at best, staring 1-4 in the face. I just really think 3 or 4 of our next opponents are better overall squads.

Remember the way Quinn came in? Fuck, he even wasted a draft pick on a LS so there could be no doubt that everyone is held accountable. The team seems to play that way. It's different. If a team beats Detroit, it's because they outplayed us, and didn't beat themselves. Not because the Lions gave it away. I can live with that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Thruthefog

Looked like a hard cover 3 to me. Slay was in the zone where a RB would be, and stepped out of it and up in front of the WR. Great awareness.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the way Quinn came in? Fuck, he even wasted a draft pick on a LS so there could be no doubt that everyone is held accountable. The team seems to play that way. It's different. If a team beats Detroit, it's because they outplayed us, and didn't beat themselves. Not because the Lions gave it away. I can live with that.

This weekend is the biggest game of the year. If they can go into NO and win, or even keep it close and give themselves a chance to win, I'll feel a lot better about the rest of the games.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 seems likely.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Thruthefog

I am pretty sure it is Austin.
Look at how we are keeping teams in check with virtually no talent on D.

The year we had real talent like Suh and the bearded bitch. We were 2nd in overall defense.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack win the division. It'll come down to week 17 and the lions will lions. You all know it, I know it.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack win the division. It'll come down to week 17 and the lions will lions. You all know it, I know it.
Possibly, but I think the division is just so bad this year.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Saints
vs. Bears
@ Giants
@ Cowboys
vs. Packers

Not gonna lie. 1-5 is a real possibility. But I also think they can stay in every game until the end, giving them a chance to win them all.

Do the Lions do it or do we see an epic collapse?

I can see them taking Saints/Bears/Giants and even Cowboys who might rest starters if they clich,and then the god damn Packers,who don't impress me anymore.

I'll go with them taking at least 4 of the 5 remaining games.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a thought. I wonder if both Dak and Zeke are hitting the rookie wall in Dallas. That game might not be an automatic loss. I think the Saints game is going to be more difficult than many think. Saints are much better at home.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a thought. I wonder if both Dak and Zeke are hitting the rookie wall in Dallas. That game might not be an automatic loss. I think the Saints game is going to be more difficult than many think. Saints are much better at home.

The Saints are mediocre at home. 3-3 on the season. 10-12 over the last 3 seasons including losing to us last year. Yea they can score but they're the team finding ways to lose games. Denver a few games ago with the extra point. They were pretty much shut down by Carolina. The only decent team they beat all year is Seattle and Seattle ain't what they used to be. They blow out SF and LA and people start calling them a playoff contender. I'm not saying we're going to win this game, it's 50/50 like pretty much every game so far this season and likely every one left, but chances are higher based on what's gone on this season that they would find a way to lose before we would.