• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 games to go. 2 home, 3 away.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Saints
vs. Bears
@ Giants
@ Cowboys
vs. Packers

Not gonna lie. 1-5 is a real possibility. But I also think they can stay in every game until the end, giving them a chance to win them all.

Do the Lions do it or do we see an epic collapse?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can afford to lose to the Cowboys and maybe 1 more. Not the Packers though. Beat the Pack and the Bears and we should only need 1 more most likely unless MN runs the table.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 should be enough to win the division. (Minny ain't finishing 4-1.)

So long as one of the wins is against GB.

(I'll be cool with them finishing 2-3. Hoping for 3-2. Don't see them pulling four more wins out of their ass though.)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys might have home field advantage locked up by the time we play them.....Lions might face the 2nd string in that game if that's the case.....Something to think about.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Saints
vs. Bears
@ Giants
@ Cowboys
vs. Packers

Not gonna lie. 1-5 is a real possibility. But I also think they can stay in every game until the end, giving them a chance to win them all.

Not a chance. There's only five games left. Can't produce six results.

But on the serious side, the Lions finally start expecting to win home games and take one out of three on the road (because the team already knows they can win road games, too). That makes it 3-2 over the next five, wrapping up first in the NFC North. Of the three road games, Saints is probably the most likely, and in a shoot out to boot.

Vikes are not sweeping their last five - they're a shell of the team they started the first five as. They perhaps end up second in the North, but even then, there is no guarantee they get a wild card spot.

Then again, I've been known to sip some kool-aid now and again.....

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen a year that I can remember that a collapse didn't happen.

I'll believe it when I see otherwise.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win both our home games and at least one on the road. Not sure which one, all of them are in play. Yes, even the Cowboys. I'll actually be surprised if we go 2-3. I'll be more surprised about 1-4 than 5-0.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can afford to lose to the Cowboys and maybe 1 more. Not the Packers though. Beat the Pack and the Bears and we should only need 1 more most likely unless MN runs the table.

Can't lose to the Pack no matter what. Not the last week of the year, at home. Nobody wants to go into the playoffs with that hanging over them. And can you imagine if we somehow need to win that game to make the playoffs, and lose? Holy shit.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a year that I can remember that a collapse didn't happen.

I'll believe it when I see otherwise.

It's far too hard for me to deal with the Lions year in and year out without worrying about how a past team collapsed. All I can do is watch this team and hope they keep winning. I understand that this franchise crushes us, I understand how the they'll blow it in the ninth mentality has set in, but I just don't see it with this group. They're pretty good in the 9th. Even the playoff teams over the last 5 years, you couldn't say that about them. There's no team that's been more clutch. I think the optimists among us will be rewarded this time.

So in my central supply room I tend to stream The Ticket and in my office my radio tends to be on local sports talk. In CS a couple of weeks ago, we were coming off our bye in first place. The Vikings and Packers were falling apart. About half of the calls and emails were about how the Lions can't sustain this. Stafford sucks, we're winning in spite of him. The defense is the worst in the league. The Packers and Vikings are still better than us. In short, it's the Lions, start thinking about the draft.

I walk in my office and they happen to be reading e-mails right after I hear this stuff. The Bucs were one week removed from being pasted at home by an Atlanta team struggling and at the time coming off their very first home win in, if I remember correctly, 15 games. Against the Bears. All of the e-mails were pretty much the same stuff. We look good right now. We're still in this. We can win the division.

2 historically bad franchises. The Bucs are as likely to be blown out as they are to win, they have a tough schedule left, they are young with a young coach, and they need help to get in the playoffs. The Lions are a veteran team with a veteran coach who's finally playing decent defense and playing with plenty of confidence. But their fans think the sky is the limit and ours is waiting for the bottom to fall out. It just amazes me sometimes.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go 3-2 and say they win the road game at NO when that would be a surprise to most.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Analysis when I'm not feeling so lazy.

I mean, I def feel like they can be in every game left until the end, giving themselves a chance to go 5-0. It just seems so crazy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see what Brees is doing to the Rams defense?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're pretty good in the 9th. Even the playoff teams over the last 5 years, you couldn't say that about them. There's no team that's been more clutch. I think the optimists among us will be rewarded this time.

Yeah, I am not trying to be negative here. I have become pretty numb to Lions losses over the years and prefer to play a "wait and see" approach.

I will say this team is different based on the QB position carrying us which I can't recall ever seeing in my lifetime.

The defense plays a lot of zone to mask their weaknesses and I don't believe this is a championship type unit. You never know, maybe Stafford can catch fire like Rodgers did for GB 4-5 years ago.

I am still in a wait and see approach though. I will celebrate if they win and keep my numbness if they lose.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Giants as the only winnable road game. They're not going to be able to outscore Brees at their place and the Boys are just too good. It should come down to week 17 hosting the Pack. Obviously there are a lot of scenarios that would kill my theory but I'd bet that just winning the 2 home games would do it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers should finally be healthy just in time to fuck up our season