• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed if he was 35 different story but he's still young enough to recover from the injuries and be a solid contributer on this team. He's also the captain and leader even when he's eventually the second line center he'll be worth the money as he will be one of the best and not drawing the top pairing every night. I hope that Patrick forces the issue sooner than later as the team will be better for it. He will still be a valuable part of the PP later in his career as well which is a big part of the game...dont forget that.

True. If he's a second tier player, then how did he still manage 26 assists and finish 4th in overall power play scoring? That's in the whole Nhl, folks. Second line players don't do that.

Not enough going on at even strength obviously, but that's the whole team as well and it has to change. I think it happens sooner rather than later too.

And quite frankly, at 29, G should still be in his prime.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said pages back that we only have 12 back to back scenarios this season compared to 17 last season. I just counted 15 for this season, for what it's worth...Lol

I think Carolina, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Ottawa have it a lot worse though with 17-19 of them. Pens travel the least miles though of any team. Devils and Sabres close behind.

However, we will "play a rested team while tired" a whopping 14 times this coming season, good for 4th overall in that category, so maybe being young is a good thing here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Vecchione was signed to a two year deal for $900k per. With Weal and he back in the fold and Patrick on the way, it will be very interesting to see which forwards make the team.

Will Lehtera or Read get benched or sent to the minors in favor of Patrick? Where do guys like Weal, Vecchione or Lindblom fit on this roster? Konecny and Vecchione are our only current waiver exempt forwards. Does Laughton get signed and if so, where does he end up?

That and there is clearly space for two of Morin, Sanheim, Myers and Hagg to make the big squad. Will MacDonald dress for us at all? He probably will, but it better not be top pairing.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman Lyubimov has decided to ink a three-year contract with the KHL's CSKA Moscow.

Lyubimov made the move from the KHL to NHL for the 2016-17 campaign and recorded four goals and six points in 47 contests with the Philadelphia Flyers. Lyubimov's agent said that a desire to play in the Olympics was a factor in his decision to return to the KHL.

Source: Stephen Whyno on Twitter

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman Lyubimov has decided to ink a three-year contract with the KHL's CSKA Moscow.

Lyubimov made the move from the KHL to NHL for the 2016-17 campaign and recorded four goals and six points in 47 contests with the Philadelphia Flyers. Lyubimov's agent said that a desire to play in the Olympics was a factor in his decision to return to the KHL.

Source: Stephen Whyno on Twitter

That and there was no room for him on our team with all of the other forwards we have.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boys-we are going to win the Cup this year.
5,000 posts for a Stanley Cup,and this is it.

you are all very welcome.
Go Flyers!!!!,and nobody else!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Vecchione was signed to a two year deal for $900k per. With Weal and he back in the fold and Patrick on the way, it will be very interesting to see which forwards make the team.

Will Lehtera or Read get benched or sent to the minors in favor of Patrick? Where do guys like Weal, Vecchione or Lindblom fit on this roster? Konecny and Vecchione are our only current waiver exempt forwards. Does Laughton get signed and if so, where does he end up?

That and there is clearly space for two of Morin, Sanheim, Myers and Hagg to make the big squad. Will MacDonald dress for us at all? He probably will, but it better not be top pairing.
When Laughton (since he was protected I have to think he is in Hexy's plans) signs, that's 14 forwards. I would think Read, Weise, Lehtera, Vecchione and Laughton will rotate through the 4th line and fill in when injuries happen. I still think Lindblom starts at LV and gets called up mid-season and then stays.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ON for forward "logjam"....look for this to sort itself out during training camp or the early part of the season. I don't see the team carrying 14 forwards long term if they can avoid it...but that is me. I would think short term Lehtera and Read have the leg up but Patrick has an inside track since he plays center and he's Patrick.

Lindblom can not be overlooked in the forward mix either.

As for the Markov rumors...I can see it in that they need a legitimate 2nd PP unit QB. That is the only role that could be seen as open on the blue line. That said, I don't think 2 years for a one year role player is in the works...the Clarke era is over...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Markov rumors...I can see it in that they need a legitimate 2nd PP unit QB. That is the only role that could be seen as open on the blue line. That said, I don't think 2 years for a one year role player is in the works...the Clarke era is over...

There's still a spot open on the 1st pairing with Provorov. If the answer is another year of MacDonald in that role, please stick a fork in my eyes.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is literally doing the same thing we are down in Raleigh. Virtually their whole team is young right now though, especially the defense.

They did bring back Williams for a couple seasons though, which is something that would've been appropriate for us to do as well.

I like their moves to get TvR, Darling and Kruger also.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they give amac to Les habs and sign Markov that would make me laugh..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they give amac to Les habs and sign Markov that would make me laugh..

That's right. As nice as it would be to sign Markov for a couple of seasons, we don't have space for him with Filppula, Lehtera, MacDonald and Read already soaking that cap space up. Probably could've unloaded MacDonald or Read to Vegas, but I guess the price was too high for us.

As of right now, we're really trusting that a couple of our young, defensive prospects step right in and get up to speed at the Nhl level in a hurry.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Andrei Markov to Flyers will NOT happen. He is interested in them, they are not interested. Team's not interested in terms & $ Markov asking."