• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just explained why a few posts up. He doesn't score half that many goals without Giroux or Simmonds there with him. They are the true threats on our power play. That and Ghost when he's on his game.
Youre stating your opinion as fact when you say he doesn't score half that many without the others . I say replace Gee with Patrick and he scores more PPGs it doesnt make that true either but its what i think.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre stating your opinion as fact when you say he doesn't score half that many without the others . I say replace Gee with Patrick and he scores more PPGs it doesnt make that true either but its what i think.

Maybe so. Why? Giroux is the one dishing that puck, not scoring it. 26 power play assists. That was still 3rd in the Nhl. Patrick could not step right in and do that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. Why? Giroux is the one dishing that puck, not scoring it. 26 power play assists. That was still 3rd in the Nhl. Patrick could not step right in and do that.
Hope it works out for our team in the end :suds:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, awaz and FFF draw the assists on the game-winning goal I just scored.

:first::bounce::drum:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Elliott and Weal signing for a total cap hit of $4.5, Hagg, Morin and Patrick, we will still has about $4.5 with 2 forwards to sign. Laughton and Vecchione will probably be about $1.0 each. Full roster and about $2.5 space.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers supposedly in on Kenny Agostino as a depth forward signing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the 2 year signings are going to be pretty disappointed that we are supposed to be cup contenders in 3 years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, awaz and FFF draw the assists on the game-winning goal I just scored.

:first::bounce::drum:
It will be a lot easier to replace Schenn's role on the PP compared to G's role. There are only a few players in the league who can run a PP as well as G. To ask Patrick to replace G is ridiculous but to ask him to sit in the slot and shoot as Schenn did would be a lot more realistic. Add in Awaz's point about current value and salary cap it made more sense to move Schenn over G. Plus G is your captain so he does bring so much more to the table. I also agree that he could easily bounce back and rip it up this year.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a lot easier to replace Schenn's role on the PP compared to G's role. There are only a few players in the league who can run a PP as well as G. To ask Patrick to replace G is ridiculous but to ask him to sit in the slot and shoot as Schenn did would be a lot more realistic. Add in Awaz's point about current value and salary cap it made more sense to move Schenn over G. Plus G is your captain so he does bring so much more to the table. I also agree that he could easily bounce back and rip it up this year.

I am pretty confident that he will. This isn't a dude who was just a flash in the pan. We're talking about a guy who put up 93 points in only 77 games just five seasons ago and backed that up again two seasons more recently with 86. G was a point per game guy (or better) for about five straight seasons and still is in the playoffs with 62 points in 63 total games. Big time clutch. I was at game 3 of the Cup Finals in 2010 when he had the OT winner, but even still wasn't considered elite yet. 21 points in 23 playoff games that postseason got him there though.

He just turned 29 this year and really only has exactly 8 full seasons of Nhl hockey on his body when you add up the games. Get past his lingering injuries, start firing the puck more, get him out on the ice often and he's golden. G is going to shred the league again, it's just a matter of exactly when and for how many more seasons.

I am fucking appalled that people think he's actually done. It's a joke to me, really, but due to his technical decline in numbers over just a few seasons (during which he often played injured or without a true scorer on his wing), these questions have to be answered.

Last edited:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking appalled that people think he's actually done. It's a joke to me, really, but due to his technical decline in numbers over just a few seasons (during which he often played injured or without a true scorer on his wing), these questions have to be answered.

This is Giroux's last season to prove it for me. Play well or I'm done with him. End of story.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time that Giroux was considered one of the top five or at least ten players in the game and he's not going to fall from that to being a second line center in only three seasons all still before the age of 30.

The pressure is on him to compete at a high level this coming season and I expect him to at least be at a 70+ point pace throughout. Probably more too, because this is a guy who steps it up when he needs to and now is the time.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty confident that he will. This isn't a dude who was just a flash in the pan. We're talking about a guy who put up 93 points in only 77 games just five seasons ago and backed that up again two seasons more recently with 86. G was a point per game guy (or better) for about five straight seasons and still is in the playoffs with 62 points in 63 total games. Big time clutch. I was at game 3 of the Cup Finals in 2010 when he had the OT winner, but even still wasn't considered elite yet. 21 points in 23 playoff games that postseason got him there though.

He just turned 29 this year and really only has exactly 8 full seasons of Nhl hockey on his body when you add up the games. Get past his lingering injuries, start firing the puck more, get him out on the ice often and he's golden. G is going to shred the league again, it's just a matter of exactly when and for how many more seasons.

If this was true for most of that time then he was stupid to keep playing, That's how you go about treating an injury that never fully heals. I haven't given up on him yet, but if he doesn't show more than last season I'll be hoping they dump him to somebody else.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time that Giroux was considered one of the top five or at least ten players in the game and he's not going to fall from that to being a second line center in only three seasons all still before the age of 30.

The pressure is on him to compete at a high level this coming season and I expect him to at least be at a 70+ point pace throughout. Probably more too, because this is a guy who steps it up when he needs to and now is the time.
Yes agreed if he was 35 different story but he's still young enough to recover from the injuries and be a solid contributer on this team. He's also the captain and leader even when he's eventually the second line center he'll be worth the money as he will be one of the best and not drawing the top pairing every night. I hope that Patrick forces the issue sooner than later as the team will be better for it. He will still be a valuable part of the PP later in his career as well which is a big part of the game...dont forget that.