• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded Schenn at his peak - Smart management of assets
Trade Giroux at his worst - Bad management of assets

Plus, Giroux has an 8 million dollar contract. There's only like 3 or 4 teams that can take his contract on and none of them want to trade for a 29 year old. They want draft picks and prospects, not veterans.

None of the 'trade giroux' talk makes any sense. He's struggled the past two seasons, true. Getting assets for him now before he gets worse is a fine line of thinking. But the only teams that can take him, need you to eat salary. An equivalent trade would have been Flyers get Lehtera and 2 firsts plus retain 3 mil on giroux's contract and the Blues get giroux. That's a TERRIBLE deal for the Flyers, hence they don't do it.

To trade Giroux the Flyers either have to eat significant salary, or take on another team's high priced, horrible contract. Giroux, even if he is on the downslide, is a more valuable asset than what they Flyers would get for him. It doesn't make any sense to trade him.

You just have to hope he can rebound.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the trade Giroux feeling and assessment. I don't think it's off base. If the past two seasons are an indication of his future, the Flyers are screwed. That contract will be horrific.

But you can't just look at it from a Flyers perspective. They need a trading partner. And on top of that, Giroux has to approve of that partner (full NMC).

A Giroux trade isn't happening.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the trade Giroux feeling and assessment. I don't think it's off base. If the past two seasons are an indication of his future, the Flyers are screwed. That contract will be horrific.

But you can't just look at it from a Flyers perspective. They need a trading partner. And on top of that, Giroux has to approve of that partner (full NMC).

Giroux for Galchenyuk plus a pick would work

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded Schenn at his peak - Smart management of assets
Trade Giroux at his worst - Bad management of assets

Plus, Giroux has an 8 million dollar contract. There's only like 3 or 4 teams that can take his contract on and none of them want to trade for a 29 year old. They want draft picks and prospects, not veterans.

None of the 'trade giroux' talk makes any sense. He's struggled the past two seasons, true. Getting assets for him now before he gets worse is a fine line of thinking. But the only teams that can take him, need you to eat salary. An equivalent trade would have been Flyers get Lehtera and 2 firsts plus retain 3 mil on giroux's contract and the Blues get giroux. That's a TERRIBLE deal for the Flyers, hence they don't do it.

To trade Giroux the Flyers either have to eat significant salary, or take on another team's high priced, horrible contract. Giroux, even if he is on the downslide, is a more valuable asset than what they Flyers would get for him. It doesn't make any sense to trade him.

You just have to hope he can rebound.
Giroux for Galchenyuk

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you can ignore the offseason hip surgery for Giroux either, especially after he admitted that he wasn't himself for the vast majority of the season in part to that.

When he bounces back, then we have a better hand to work with as far as keeping or trading him, but he can't be moved right now due to the several reasons you just stated above.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux for Galchenyuk

Touche sir.

I would probably consider a deal structured around that.

The Habs really have a lot of cap space. Thats interesting haha

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to shabby if you think Gee is still playing in 2010

I know Patrick wont be our 1st line center next year but not because of his play but only because of seniority
Look I like Schenn but your angle with G is insane. Schenn doesn't come close on the PP without it running through G. There goes a chunk of his goals. 5 on 5 of killed Schenn too because that's all he brings. Maybe that will change but I'd bank on G rebounding because he's been there.

Part two is that the odds are higher in winning every year that goes by so why not up the odds by bringing in more potential options in the coming years. It's a minor drop now to potentially double up when it really counts. It's also not like they don't have other options on the PP multiple players could step right into that role one being Patrick wow what a downgrade he's going to be haha!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux for Galchenyuk

Yeah, fuck that. Absolutely not!!

What has Galchenyuk done to prove he's a top tier guy consistently? He's a second line player basically. I would've given Schenn for him, but not Giroux.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I like Schenn but your angle with G is insane. Schenn doesn't come close on the PP without it running through G. There goes a chunk of his goals. 5 on 5 of killed Schenn too because that's all he brings. Maybe that will change but I'd bank on G rebounding because he's been there.

Part two is that the odds are higher in winning every year that goes by so why not up the odds by bringing in more potential options in the coming years. It's a minor drop now to potentially double up when it really counts. It's also not like they don't have other options on the PP multiple players could step right into that role one being Patrick wow what a downgrade he's going to be haha!
1st part most of Schenns goals come on shots from the points that takes care of the Gee scenario

Part 2 Patrick could step right into Gees role also wow what a downgrade he would be at the center of our power play.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, fuck that. Absolutely not!!

What has Galchenyuk done to prove he's a top tier guy consistently? He's a second line player basically. I would've given Schenn for him, but not Giroux.
What has 2017 Gee done to prove hes a top tier guy? Hes a second line center on most teams at this point in his career.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st part most of Schenns goals come on shots from the points that takes care of the Gee scenario

Part 2 Patrick could step right into Gees role also wow what a downgrade he would be at the center of our power play.

Everyone on the opposing pk is trying to stop G, Ghost and handle Simmonds down low. Schenn is often free to do his thing at the edge of the slot. Easy pickings for him on the power play with that top unit.

You really think Patrick would step in and be our best player overall, even if we somehow gave him that opportunity? I like him, but if he's our best guy, our season is over before it even starts.

You're really down on every current player we have...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has 2017 Gee done to prove hes a top tier guy? Hes a second line center on most teams at this point in his career.

So, we're going to judge Giroux on one half of a year, even one year? He's 29 years old. You're willing to bet that he's done, already? Never a top line guy again?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you guys and your passion about this team, I get what everyone is saying, I just don't buy Hockey as a sport where you need to do a whole restructure to rebuild, a smokin hot goalie proves that case wrong every season almost, THAT is what we are lacking the most. If the Schenn deal works out for the future than I'll be happy, I just don't but into the whole in 3 year s we'll be competitive, I can't see pro's approaching a season like that?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we're going to judge Giroux on one half of a year, even one year? He's 29 years old. You're willing to bet that he's done, already? Never a top line guy again?
The last one year? Gee's stats have been in a steady decline for several years and when that's the only thing you bring to the table besides faceoffs as a player i am very concerned.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're competitive now. In three years, we'll be ready to make annual Cup runs. I'm fine with that plan. There's no rushing this with what Hexy is doing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you guys and your passion about this team, I get what everyone is saying, I just don't buy Hockey as a sport where you need to do a whole restructure to rebuild, a smokin hot goalie proves that case wrong every season almost, THAT is what we are lacking the most. If the Schenn deal works out for the future than I'll be happy, I just don't but into the whole in 3 year s we'll be competitive, I can't see pro's approaching a season like that?

The pros are expected to try to win the cup regardless. That's their makeup. They wouldn't be in the NHL if that wasn't their desire.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on the opposing pk is trying to stop G, Ghost and handle Simmonds down low. Schenn is often free to do his thing at the edge of the slot. Easy pickings for him on the power play with that top unit.

You really think Patrick would step in and be our best player overall, even if we somehow gave him that opportunity? I like him, but if he's our best guy, our season is over before it even starts.

You're really down on every current player we have...Lol
I dont think Patrick could step in and be our best player because Simmer is our best player. If your asking me if i think he could take Gees spot on the PP i say yes whole hardheartedly. Remember our PP was in the bottom half of the league last season so lets not say our PP hasn't gone down hill along with Gee stats.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Patrick could step in and be our best player because Simmer is our best player. If your asking me if i think he could take Gees spot on the PP i say yes whole hardheartedly. Remember our PP was in the bottom half of the league last season so lets not say our PP hasn't gone down hill along with Gee stats.

Not true. Our power play was 14th overall, and only .8% from the top ten. No, it wasn't what we expect of it, but we've had pretty high standards in that area over the years too.

Ghost and Voracek need to start scoring again on the power play as well, it's not just Giroux.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Our power play was 14th overall, and only .8% from the top ten. No, it wasn't what we expect of it, but we've had pretty high standards in that area over the years too.

Ghost and Voracek need to start scoring again on the power play too, it's not just Giroux.
At this point

Ghost and Voracek need to start scoring again on the power play as well, it's not just Giroux.
Our PP was 14th thanks to Schenn leading the league in PP goals . A perfect reason why Schenn should still be on our team.:suds:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point

Our PP was 14th thanks to Schenn leading the league in PP goals . A perfect reason why Schenn should still be on our team.:suds:

I just explained why a few posts up. He doesn't score half that many goals without Giroux or Simmonds there with him. They are the true threats on our power play. That and Ghost when he's on his game.