• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans at the NFL draft were awesome. I was wondering what they would've done had it rained and it was held out doors.

Gave Roger Goodsmell an umbrella and told him to suck it up :lol:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next season is going to be so fun..

Hischier/Patrick
Hagg
Morin
Myers
Lindblom
Sanheim

All with very legitimate chances to make the team. Add that to Konecny, Ghost, and Provorov.. going to be a young team!
Dont forget Couts Schenn Stolarz and Hart all under 25 all on the team or may be next season

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget Couts Schenn Stolarz and Hart all under 25 all on the team or may be next season

Yep. A bunch of others knocking on the door too. The prospect pool is looking damn good now.

Hischier is AHL eligible next year (technically on loan from Switzerland), so if they end up with him I'd guess that's where he spends most of the year. Most scouting profiles say he needs to add 10-20 pounds.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. A bunch of others knocking on the door too. The prospect pool is looking damn good now.

Hischier is AHL eligible next year (technically on loan from Switzerland), so if they end up with him I'd guess that's where he spends most of the year. Most scouting profiles say he needs to add 10-20 pounds.
Moving up to number two has me walking with my chest swelled , i am so pumped!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly didn't mind the Rags blowing a 2 goal lead with a few minutes to go and losing in double OT.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting perspective:

"And now, with the surprise appearance of NJ and Philly, long time rivals, picking #1 and #2, Nico and Nolan may be linked for a looooooooong time through some epic battles down the line. NJ has the pressure on them in this situation because they are the one who can make the mistake. Remember Edmonton taking Hall? That left Boston with Seguin...So even though I am sure Hextall would have loved to get #1, part of him might be perfectly happy having this decision made."

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly didn't mind the Rags blowing a 2 goal lead with a few minutes to go and losing in double OT.

In my opinion, the Sens had no business winning that game, but I guess we will take it...Lol

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call the scouting reports on Patrick somewhere in the middle between Jonathan Toews and Sean Couturier. The Devils' scouts are the ones with the pressure on. If he's projected to be closer to Toews you take him. If it's closer to Couturier you take Hirschier.
If either one can score like Toews I'd pee myself I'd be so happy.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call the scouting reports on Patrick somewhere in the middle between Jonathan Toews and Sean Couturier. The Devils' scouts are the ones with the pressure on. If he's projected to be closer to Toews you take him. If it's closer to Couturier you take Hirschier.

I,ve read or heard comparisons to Toews and Getzlaf-not too shabby

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if we have enough offensive firepower at wing, but we should be just fine down the middle now from here on out with a healthy, improved, motivated G on the way, Filppula and Couturier. Then Filppula exits and is replaced by Patrick or Hischier. Pretty easy stuff here.

I'd definitely like to see more out of Konecny next season. Schenn can do more at 5 on 5 too. Raffl also can be an effective top six winger for us and I want to see it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need more power play goals from G, Voracek and Ghost also. The entire second unit as well. Filppula and whoever is the odd man out on the top unit will help in that area too. It depends on whether we stick with Ghost/Voracek on the points or Ghost/Provorov.

Either way, the entire power play can be better. We can't have 61% of our power play goals coming from just two guys. That's not good enough.

Last edited:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if we have enough offensive firepower at wing, but we should be just fine down the middle now from here on out with a healthy, improved, motivated G on the way, Filppula and Couturier. Then Filppula exits and is replaced by Patrick or Hischier. Pretty easy stuff here.

I'd definitely like to see more out of Konecny next season. Schenn can do more at 5 on 5 too. Raffl also can be an effective top six winger for us and I want to see it.

It's a center's league right now, so a top 3 of Giroux, Patrick/Hischier, Couturier sounds pretty good to me. Then you throw in Rubstov and Vecchione...:cloud9:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice to be able to have another top tier guy that spreads opposing defenses even thinner. We need three solid lines to roll consistently and I think we are there and then some.
Another top tier guy is just what the doctor ordered.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think Raffl is a top six winger a solid bottom six winger i can agree with. Koneckny tried to play bigger than his body and that took its toll as the season went on. He should be stronger and ready for next season to get better.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a center's league right now, so a top 3 of Giroux, Patrick/Hischier, Couturier sounds pretty good to me. Then you throw in Rubstov and Vecchione...:cloud9:
As long as Gee gets back to normal this is fine but if what we saw this season is the norm from here on out we need to get better up the middle.