• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grumblings from the beat think Lindblom will be the final forward cut with Lehtera and Read in the press box. I'm fine with that, except they expect the 3rd line to be Weiss-Filpula-Konecny. That line blows for Konecny. Why are you putting your most dynamic offensive player with 2 anchors? I really hope that doesn't last. Very worried that when it doesn't last, they'll blame konecny and scratch him. When in reality, Weiss and Filpula are just useless.

On defense they seem to think it's down to Sanheim vs Morin.
Move Raffl to the 3rd line and Weise to the 4th. Not sure why that hasn't been done. I still think Filpula is a decent set up man.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton looks a lot faster and more well-rounded of a player than when we last saw him with the big club. He's probably a huge upgrade over any of our 4th line players of the last who knows how many seasons.

I agree that with Leier and Raffl, our 4th line could be one of the best in the Nhl. Any of those guys can probably play on another line too if necessary.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why even entertain wasting a spot on him? Would love to see someone more deserving be there even if it's someone new learning. Hope someone in management agrees with us lol.

No idea. Weise and AMac are negative contributors to the team. And yet they made it anyway. And it's not like we just assume that because last year they sucked. They sucked in preseason too. And so did Manning except for 1 game. If he's in the lineup over Sanheim or Morin tomorrow i might rip all my hair out. MacDonald i can live with because we have been living with it, if Manning is in the lineup though... ooo man..

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I understand the desire to not rush the rookies and risk hurting their long term development. Lindblom in particular I'm ok with getting sent down, as he played ok but certainly not as good as expected offensively. However, the problem is that Hextall called it a true open competition in camp, and if any of the rookies outplayed vets by more than just a small margin they would make the team. Well, Morin, Sanheim and Hagg all outplayed MacDonald and Manning by a LOT, and yet one of them won't make it. That's just not right, and the team's credibility takes a hit here. Between the Weise signing and this, Hextalls armor is starting to show some real dents.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea. Weise and AMac are negative contributors to the team. And yet they made it anyway. And it's not like we just assume that because last year they sucked. They sucked in preseason too. And so did Manning except for 1 game. If he's in the lineup over Sanheim or Morin tomorrow i might rip all my hair out. MacDonald i can live with because we have been living with it, if Manning is in the lineup though... ooo man..
Yea I haven't been able to see any pre-season except for the last 2 periods of the Rags game so anything I say would be a lie about players but I know you guys are extremely avid followers so I trust what you guys say, I was never that much of a Manning fan ever, never thought he was NHL caliber player, and we have all the same feelings about AMac and Weise.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I understand the desire to not rush the rookies and risk hurting their long term development. Lindblom in particular I'm ok with getting sent down, as he played ok but certainly not as good as expected offensively. However, the problem is that Hextall called it a true open competition in camp, and if any of the rookies outplayed vets by more than just a small margin they would make the team. Well, Morin, Sanheim and Hagg all outplayed MacDonald and Manning by a LOT, and yet one of them won't make it. That's just not right, and the team's credibility takes a hit here. Between the Weise signing and this, Hextalls armor is starting to show some real dents.

Spot on. Totally OK with Lindblom not making the team. My issue with the forwards is Konecny honestly. IMO he's one of the most talented players they have, and he's anchored with Weise. Put Read there. Put Lehtera there. It doesn't have to be Lindblom, just don't let it be Weise. I'd almost rather Konecny get bumped down to the 4th line than to stick him with Filpula and Weise. I don't see that line contributing much of anything.

The defense is where I'm boiling over. Morin and Sanheim are 2 of the top 6 defensemen in the organization, they should be playing every night. The fact that neither of them look like they'll be on the ice tomorrow night drives me insane. You have all this talent, why aren't you using it?

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article last night on Lindblom. Apparently he was sent down to work on his skating. He still needs to adjust to the speed of the NHL.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on. Totally OK with Lindblom not making the team. My issue with the forwards is Konecny honestly. IMO he's one of the most talented players they have, and he's anchored with Weise. Put Read there. Put Lehtera there. It doesn't have to be Lindblom, just don't let it be Weise. I'd almost rather Konecny get bumped down to the 4th line than to stick him with Filpula and Weise. I don't see that line contributing much of anything.

The defense is where I'm boiling over. Morin and Sanheim are 2 of the top 6 defensemen in the organization, they should be playing every night. The fact that neither of them look like they'll be on the ice tomorrow night drives me insane. You have all this talent, why aren't you using it?
I still think it makes sense to switch Raffl to the 3rd and Weise to the 4th.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article last night on Lindblom. Apparently he was sent down to work on his skating. He still needs to adjust to the speed of the NHL.

That and the size of the rink. He played well against men, but not yet in a pro, North American league.

I'm fine with him going down and he may even play his way back soon, but like a lot of you, I'm not happy if either of Morin or Sanheim get benched or sent back down.