• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th Annual Home Opener

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Insanity program is far from "aerobics". Like I said, I'd love to see u even try the fit test. I guarantee u don't make it halfway through. But I digress....

Seats look good, I checked the stadium chart. Lets hope there's lots of Deteoit scoring down there. Say.....3 TDs to Calvin from Staff? Too much to ask? ;)

Speculation as to my state of overall fitness and perceived inability to do aerobics is irrelevant. My ownership of testicles prevents me from any exercise program where I dance and prance like a gay Solid Gold dancer in front of my TV. :laugh3:

And while a heart attack might be entirely possible the very act of participating in such a program(even though it does look like a god awful miserable thing designed for people in far better shape than I) would not prevent me from kicking ky own ass for being such a homo. :)

I prefer to burn calories by extensive rage on the golf course coupled with distance tossing and power slamming of golf clubs into the ground. A much more manly activity. :suds:

Go Lions!!!

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bumper car basketball sounds like a must for our bunch of "athletic" miss-fits.

It's called Whirleyball. Look it up and check it out. They have a spot in Clinton Twp where we could play. We shouldn't even have to worry that pussies like TP and Micro will get injured, which is a plus as well.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely vote we play Whirleyball then. Sounds like something I invented while stoned out of my gourd...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you aren't going to believe this. Just found out my parents booked our baby shower for 10am Sunday Sept. 8th. Hearing these things go at least 3 hours. By the time I get all the new stuff loaded up and back to the house it could past 2pm. If I speed, I might be able to meet you guys by the time the 4th quarter begins. :noidea:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Tell them they have to reschedule because you bought non-refundable tix!

If not I can probably find two alternates to go and buy your tix so you can get your $$ back.

But I'd ask them to reschedule since it's still so early and all...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they haven't sent out invites yet, which is highly improbable at this early date you could politely request a reschedule without offending, especially since our date has no flexibility. Just my worthless two cents. Hope it works out for you and can make it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meow put that more eloquently than I did, but yes, you could just that.

Did they check the date with you guys first? If not they absolutely should have, that's kind of protocol on these types of things. Especially since you already had a prior commitment on that day.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I couldn't commit to make it this year fellas, had really wanted to make it. Hopefully next year. Funds not there right now to be able to say yes. Hope to make it at least once this season but I would have to have it be the game Gandy could possibly make. Be tough to have him in Mi. and not be there, only see the brother every few years. If somebody gets in a bind closer to the game and has to bail, if I can afford it, I would up to join.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I couldn't commit to make it this year fellas, had really wanted to make it. Hopefully next year. Funds not there right now to be able to say yes. Hope to make it at least once this season but I would have to have it be the game Gandy could possibly make. Be tough to have him in Mi. and not be there, only see the brother every few years. If somebody gets in a bind closer to the game and has to bail, if I can afford it, I would up to join.

You know I love ya brother. Making me feel all special. Can't go without me. Just so you know, there will be Broke Back Detroit when I do get there!!

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too late to still get in. Although we have made the initial ticket purchase we can still get seats very near to where the group is located and then try and trade with someone else to get you right with the group. Just post here if you want in.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on the 8th: Sadly, I couldn't get it moved. All they had was the 8th, the 28th and then some dates into October. Wifey will be too "big" carrying those twins to have it that late into the pregnancy. So here is my plan - Pay for my 2 tickets. If you guys can find someone who wants them, great! I'll then sell them to that person. If not, I will just bite it. I am a man of my word after all.

Good news is now I think I can at least hang w you guys Saturday. Better than nothing. :-(

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y625QpI0OAQ&feature=relmfu]C3PL and IT Whirlyball Night in Dallas 2012-03-21 - YouTube[/ame]

Whirleyball. Could be a replacement for golf or an in addition to. Whatever we plan for Sat night I want to try and be someplace where we can have a little birthday celebration as Cindy will turn the big 4 0 the following week.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this thread needed to get bumped back up and we need an indication of interest for Whirleyball. Sounds like a lot more people are going to be in town on Friday night so that might be a good night for that. It's a game the ladies can play as well. Whether or not you are coming to game, tailgate, golf, etc. if you want to participate in Whirleyball speak up. We also need to know who is golfing this year. We need 8 to have two teams of 4 (scramble format this year).

zwic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we replacing golf? Are we going to Canada?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Detroit WAS in Canada. :noidea:

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we replacing golf? Are we going to Canada?

We arent replacing golf. Whirleyball was an idea for Friday night. Not sure on Canada. Alot more people will be in town Friday night this year that arent interested in going there.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tell Cindy to work on Aleta then. ;)