• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th Annual Home Opener

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be against a Vikings fan coming along?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with whatever Dr. Evil.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrighty fellas, we need to act fast on these groups of tickets, otherwise we'll all be sitting seperately.

I need a firm confirmation as of today for everyone who is definitely, 100% in. That means you'll be paying for however many tix you need quite soon. I'm not trying to be a dick at all, we're just dealing with several thousand dollars that Meow is nice enough to put on his credit card for us, so we need our ducks in a row.

If you don't know if you can commit or not yet, that's fine, we all understand how tricky it is to work out all the details, particularly those of you from out of state.

We came up with two options for the "maybes" that want to go but aren't sure if they can commit yet:

Option A: Commit to buying a ticket (or tickets) through Meow. That way if you can make it you'll be sitting with the group. If you can't make it then you can re-sell your ticket(s) on Stubhub, or we can very likely find someone else to buy your tix. This is what I would do if I were in the "maybe" position- there's very little risk of not being able to re-sell your ticket if things don't work out.

Option B: Buy your own tickets when you find out for sure you can make it. They'd be seperate from the group, but you could still do all of the other festivities for the weekend. Also, I'd think if you wanted to do it this way and sit with the group I would bet if you bought better seats you'd have no problem trading seats with someone sitting by us.

Sorry to cut off anyone who isn't sure if they can make it, but we gotta get our group tickets ASAP. There's still some options if you're not sure yet, so don't give up or anything. We're not trying to discourage anyone at all, we just have a deadline on getting that big of a group of seats.

So everyone who is coming for sure and can commit to buying tickets please post how many you want. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick about this, it's just a big financial transaction and we need to stay organized.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two tickets to the game please.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the payments:

I have a paypal account, so if anyone wants to avoid the hassle of mailing a check you can just pay me via debit card and I'll send Meow a check.

Whomever wants to do it that way just let me know...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smit'tay'll take two tickets. And I'll send the check straight to Meow when he knows the damage.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 please. Can't wait.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I'm up to 8 confirmations. I know we got more than that. Let's go people (I'm talking to you micro, zwic, superdave, etc...)!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never knew you cared about bowls so my much?? Just thought it needed green sticky in it!

Oh I care alright! How big is it? Does it have a choke? Is it clean? Glass or metal? How thick? What color?

These are the questions you've gotta ask when it comes to bowls...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really need to confirm.....again?!?!?!? I need two tix please!! Happy?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I care alright! How big is it? Does it have a choke? Is it clean? Glass or metal? How thick? What color?

These are the questions you've gotta ask when it comes to bowls...

My mom was a snooper. SHe took some my best one hitters. I had to get inventive. Toilet paper roll with a hole cut in top and foil. Hell of a chamber.
My best was a apple. Bore it out with a ink pen and set screen on top. Get stoned and eat the apple on the bus.
Jealous of you guys. Work does toooo many randoms. Not worth jeopardizing my career.:gaah::gaah:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I'm up to 8 confirmations. I know we got more than that. Let's go people (I'm talking to you micro, zwic, superdave, etc...)!

Superdave is confirmed and Max is good. Zwic is the only one we haven't heard back from.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can confirm I will not make the opener. Daughters wedding will suck my cash and vacation time. The Cincy game is about the only game that works with my off days. FireChief and myself might look into that game.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys its decision time. There are 4 options.
1. Upper Bowl sideline. Section lines up roughly mid-endzone to the 10 yard line. Would be located in the middle rows (12-14) out of 20 in that section. The good.......let's you see everything develop with a side angle and the section offers real close bathroom and concession access. The bad......high up in the air and one of the more expensive ticket groups estimatedin the low 90's.
2. Upper Bowl endzone. Would look pretty much straight down one of the sidelines. The good....most inexpensive ticket at low 60's and lower row (3-6) and a pretty cool view of the action when at that end of the field. The bad....action at the other end of the field is along ways away
3. Mezzanine level endzone. Looks down one of the hallmarks on the field. The good.....closer to the field than upper bowl and can be row 10 of 10 so none would be behind us. The bad.....action at the other end is a long way away and ticket cost on the higher end at low 90's.
4. Lower Bowl corner. View is a side angle lining up behind the endzone. The good...lower bowl so a little closer to the field. Would be the very last row so nobody behind us allowing quick access out to the concourse area. The bad....uncertainty as to the view if you prefer to see the entire field from a higher view. Not sure if you can from there and the steady stream of people going up the stairs to get to concourse. Tickets in the low 90's.

There you have it guys, please come to a decision and let me know. Thanks.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with any of them. I guess I'd prefer the lower bowl to be closer to the field, but I note that Stubhub has several packages in the lower bowl where we can get multiple tickets at $80 or less. Section 117, row 20, up to 16 tix, $80 each.Row 9, $96 each, but only 6 available. Section 137, row 21, $79 and row 20 $83. The prices say they include service fees and delivery via UPS 2-day.

Might be worth trying.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preference is choice 1, but I'll roll with the majority

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with any of them. I guess I'd prefer the lower bowl to be closer to the field, but I note that Stubhub has several packages in the lower bowl where we can get multiple tickets at $80 or less. Section 117, row 20, up to 16 tix, $80 each.Row 9, $96 each, but only 6 available. Section 137, row 21, $79 and row 20 $83. The prices say they include service fees and delivery via UPS 2-day.

Might be worth trying.

I didn't even look at stubhub as an option simply because they do not have a connection to the NFL the way some of the other sites do. What that means in essence is that if they double sell the tickets which happens a fair amount where the ticket holder ends up selling on both StubHub and another exchange you can get left standing outside of the stadium. you will get reimbursed from them for your cost but could end up missing the game. Other sites have a direct connection to the Lions and therefore a paper trail that sures you the ability to get in. Will look tonight and repost options. I was dealing with a broker