• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4th Annual Home Opener

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer upper bowl closer to the 50 yard line when possible, but lower bowl is closer to the action. Whatever everyone else wants is fine by me, I don't feel too strongly about it I guess.

I haven't found a bad seat in the place yet though...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to be closer to the action. That 3rd bowl is just too far for my liking. But I'll sit there if that's the best we can get.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a 3rd bowl? Didn't realize that. I thought there were only two with the way it's set up... How close can we get in the endzone seats?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not be in a corner. But low or high up makes no difference to me. I actually have enjoyed high up end zone seats at Ford Field several times. Really nice viewpoint to see the entire field. But close to the turf definitely has its advantages.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat in the club level seats for the MNF game against the Bears two seasons ago and they were by far some of the best seats I've ever had. Our seats ran from the 45 to the 50 and we were the 4th row back in the 2nd level. Outstanding view of the action, plus padded seats!

I'm not saying we should do club level b/c they were like $130 (all we could find to that game, so I happily paid it), but being up high isn't always so bad if you can get in the first few rows.

I think if we could somehow get first row around the upper bowl somewhere we'd definitely end up digging that. Having a totally unobstructed view would kick some ass...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone going would like to really splurge on tickets. My buddy has 3 1st row at the 50 yard line club level seats. He lives in Dayton, OH and just sells his tickets, if he doesn't go, which he rarely goes. He actually has 11 tickets altogether, but it is the 3 club level seats, then 2 sets of 4, which aren't by each other.

My two brothers came in from out of town, so we bought all 3 last year for $200 a piece. The seats are amazing, but obviously pricey.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Your Responses

TP.....We all want to be closer to the 50 but even the section we sat in last year (334) is quite a bit more expensive. I spoke with a broker last night and he wanted $107 each for 334 which sits roughly end zone to 10 yard line.

MICRO: Does closer to the field mean even behind the endzone? And if so how close are you talking about?

SI would like you guys to come to a consensus and provide me your top two areas for me to negotiate for. I am otherwise shooting blind. Keep in mind cost when you rank them. I would suggest confirming with the other attendees the max price they are willing to pay so we don't end up with people backing out because it became too expensive. Please get me your consensus quickly. I have seen different blocks of tickets that I was watching disappear. They are being bought up by group just like ours who can't get tickets through the Lions. the ticket brokers also break up those blocks when someone wants to buy 4 tickets in those areas so instead of having 20 available it is then 16 and no longer a section that would work for us. I need to make this happen pretty quickly so I need your help.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 100 bucks a ticket is good. I can paypal whenever. Just let me know who, when and where.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat in the club level seats for the MNF game against the Bears two seasons ago and they were by far some of the best seats I've ever had. Our seats ran from the 45 to the 50 and we were the 4th row back in the 2nd level. Outstanding view of the action, plus padded seats!

I'm not saying we should do club level b/c they were like $130 (all we could find to that game, so I happily paid it), but being up high isn't always so bad if you can get in the first few rows.

I think if we could somehow get first row around the upper bowl somewhere we'd definitely end up digging that. Having a totally unobstructed view would kick some ass...

TP: I need you to actually function in the world of reality. those seats for the Monday night game you sat in were purchased through the Lions at the single game price. no mark ups, fees, or shipping and handling expenses. we get hit with all of those expenses plus the sellers themselves looking for premiums on their tickets. the lower road tickets are normally sold at huge premiums because people want them just like you want them. you also have to remember that we are looking for a block that might be as big as 20 tickets or more depending on the last few people we are waiting to hear back from.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone going would like to really splurge on tickets. My buddy has 3 1st row at the 50 yard line club level seats. He lives in Dayton, OH and just sells his tickets, if he doesn't go, which he rarely goes. He actually has 11 tickets altogether, but it is the 3 club level seats, then 2 sets of 4, which aren't by each other.

My two brothers came in from out of town, so we bought all 3 last year for $200 a piece. The seats are amazing, but obviously pricey.

Does he have season tix? I'd be interested in those seats for a later game this year...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP: I need you to actually function in the world of reality. those seats for the Monday night game you sat in were purchased through the Lions at the single game price. no mark ups, fees, or shipping and handling expenses. we get hit with all of those expenses plus the sellers themselves looking for premiums on their tickets. the lower road tickets are normally sold at huge premiums because people want them just like you want them. you also have to remember that we are looking for a block that might be as big as 20 tickets or more depending on the last few people we are waiting to hear back from.

Old Man Rivers: I need you to comprehend what you're reading. I said we shouldn't do club seats because of the price, I was just offering that the upper bowl seats we were discussing can still have a very nice view depending on where they're at.

Jeesh... :)

As for the seats, I waive my right to an opinion on where, because I'll be happy with whatever we get. Great seats in that big of a block won't happen, so whatever fits our budget works for me...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Abominable Snowman:

At one point you were suggesting that row 1 would be great and then you were talking about Club seats. Although I am guilty of talking to the Lions about getting the very seats you were talking about. I tried to get a deal at the price of a full season holder cost of $120 each. I even offered to buy two more season tickets in that section if they would do that deal. They wouldn't and it would be mid-July before they would begin trying to sell them as single games and it would be two seats in one row, four in another etc. and $130-$160 depending on the rows so it wouldnt work. wear sunglasses so you aren't blinded by the snow glare and remember at a $100 limit and a need of 17-23 tickets we don't have a huge selection to work with. I will make it happen but want the group to tell me where they AGREE would be an area people would be happy to sit. I have gotten complaints in the past years when I just picked what I thought was best so I will wait to hear your decision. Withdrawing your vote won't work. Grow a pair and lead the group in making a choice. :lol:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told my preference. I'd line to be closer to the field, wherever that puts us and as long as the price is right. If that can't happen, I'm obviously ok as long as we get to watch it as a group. Even in an endzone, u can still see the action at the other end on the jumbotron. But when the action is at our end, it's amazing to see them so close. The first couple years those seats were great, but if it can't happen, I won't be disappointed.

There. That's my take. Next?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe a bunch of pothead ballers are worried about price. Who gives a crap about pricr, just make it happer Dr. Evil. Lol.

Anyways, I'll go with whatever everyone else chooses. Since I'm the only chinese guy going, I won't say much.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I'll need two more tickets because I know a couple of big ass thugs fresh out out of prison that would like to roll with us. Theyre requesting to bunk up with two smaller guys from the group, as they would be much more comfortable that way.

Both of them said they can even live without the tickets as long as they can get the rooms. :laugh3:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get two rows of seats, I'd prefer not to sit behind Tyson. Especially if its in a corner.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a couple of big ass thugs fresh out out of prison that would like to
roll with us.
Must be a couple of those Triad thugs eh?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would anyone like seats where no one was behind us? that would be a lower bowl corner section and approx $98 pre-negotiated price

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would anyone like seats where no one was behind us? that would be a lower bowl corner section and approx $98 pre-negotiated price

That sounds good to me.