• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers without Jimmy?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought highly of Shanahan... I think a lot of the success for his has to do with the situational coaching that Kyle implements... He has a winning formula... One that is efficient and it helps the QB position quite a bit... SF has a great coaching staff all the way around...

It's also the modern NFL. Even an average talent at QB can put up good stats. Look at Jimmy and Tua this year. Maybe this also explains Purdy's stats from yesterday, but it is encouraging to see that he can move pretty well and he dares to throw it deep. Jimmy doesn't do those things.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That got to be a little much. They were honestly showing his family every single drive, sometimes twice.
Didn't watch the game but saw the clip and felt for the parents. I remember my son playing pop Warner and HS ball and his first big plays never mind NFL. His teammate Quity Paye got selected in first round by Indy and a kid Xavier Truss is finishing up at Georgia, but after his time. RI is a small state and very few make it to the NFL

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought highly of Shanahan... I think a lot of the success for his has to do with the situational coaching that Kyle implements... He has a winning formula... One that is efficient and it helps the QB position quite a bit... SF has a great coaching staff all the way around...

I think he is good coach... but too much of his success appears to be tied to having Jimmy G. starting... if he is so great of a QB coach, then way such a drastic drop off without Jimmy G? I think Garoppolo is decent QB coach... so question is, why can he not replicate it with other QBs?

Same is said for LaFleur who comes from that same line... great QB coach that makes it easy. Will see LaFleur´s abilities with QBs after Rodgers eventually retires.

1670865574313.png

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is good coach... but too much of his success appears to be tied to having Jimmy G. starting... if he is so great of a QB coach, then way such a drastic drop off without Jimmy G? I think Garoppolo is decent QB coach... so question is, why can he not replicate it with other QBs?

Same is said for LaFleur who comes from that same line... great QB coach that makes it easy. Will see LaFleur´s abilities with QBs after Rodgers eventually retires.

View attachment 316403
Have you seen the backup QBs he’s had? Lol

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game but saw the clip and felt for the parents. I remember my son playing pop Warner and HS ball and his first big plays never mind NFL. His teammate Quity Paye got selected in first round by Indy and a kid Xavier Truss is finishing up at Georgia, but after his time. RI is a small state and very few make it to the NFL

It was a sweet moment at first. But after the 8th or 9th time showing them, it was getting old.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
wouldn't that be on him?
Highlighted by drafting their QB

I don't think he's as good at evaluating QB talent as he is coordinating an offense.

The QBs he's had with the 9ers outside of Jimmy G have been backup quality at best and despite that they've still put up respectable numbers and performances under Shanahan.

I just don't like the win/loss stat when it comes to talking about QBs as to me the win/loss stat is a team stat and while the QB position provides the most contribution to that stat it's still largely comes down to how much talent you and how well coached that talent is.

So it isn't saying much to me that Shanahan has had a lot of success with a starter-level talent at QB rather than a 2nd or 3rd string-level of talent..

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Teams have the blueprint, our 3-4 can’t stop the run right now … We aren’t making the right adjustments, I can see the Niners running the ball a LOT…

Eh the Hawks usually seem to get it together when playing the 9ers so I wouldn't be shocked if the Hawks win a squeaker or the 9ers barely get out of there with a win.

Though I'd still say the 9ers should win because the defense has just been lights out during the win streak and even without Deebo I can still see the offense being effective against a reeling Hawk's D. I actually tend to think CMC will have a big day on Thursday as he seems to be getting more and more in tune with the offense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SF is right there with Philly as NFC favorites. SF has the best defense and Philly has the best offense

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh the Hawks usually seem to get it together when playing the 9ers so I wouldn't be shocked if the Hawks win a squeaker or the 9ers barely get out of there with a win.

Though I'd still say the 9ers should win because the defense has just been lights out during the win streak and even without Deebo I can still see the offense being effective against a reeling Hawk's D. I actually tend to think CMC will have a big day on Thursday as he seems to be getting more and more in tune with the offense.
Niners D has been playing really well, and I think that along with our D getting absolutely gashed stopping the run is a bad sign for us … Being a division rival game they always seem to be grind outs though, but I think the Niners get it done, only way I see us winning is if your young QB makes some critical mistakes… But the way we’ve been playing against the run, Niners have no reason to put it on the QB’s shoulders … We’ve given up over 800 yards rushing in 4 games, it’s been bad

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Niners D has been playing really well, and I think that along with our D getting absolutely gashed stopping the run is a bad sign for us … Being a division rival game they always seem to be grind outs though, but I think the Niners get it done, only way I see us winning is if your young QB makes some critical mistakes… But the way we’ve been playing against the run, Niners have no reason to put it on the QB’s shoulders … We’ve given up over 800 yards rushing in 4 games, it’s been bad

Yeah on paper everything points to a 9ers win.

They are hot on both sides of the ball and I might be wrong but I believe a win clinches the division for them so they have plenty of motivation to win and lock up that playoff spot.

Hawks on the other hand have really cooled off and nearly have a 4 game losing streak against teams with losing records. Geno playing way better than expected has given them more wins than predicted but they are starting to look more like the team we thought they'd be before the season started.

Not to mention the first match up the 9ers defense shut out the Hawk's offense and while I don't expect that to happen this matchup it's hard for me to see Geno and company lighting up the scoreboard either.

On the flipside the Hawk's defense is weakest where the 9ers offense is strongest with running the ball and your facing CMC this time and not Jeff Wilson Jr. like you did this first matchup.

Despite saying all that there have been plenty of matchups between the two where the 9ers on paper should've won but lost especially in Seattle.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy and Samuel are both hurt. Everybody acting like the Niners are going to walk all over them.

Seattle has a shot to win.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SF is right there with Philly as NFC favorites. SF has the best defense and Philly has the best offense
Co-sign. Philly (and the rest of the NFC) really benefitted from Jimmy G’s misfortune. By the time Purdy gets ready to make his first playoff start there will be 4-5 games of film on him. That can be exploited.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy and Samuel are both hurt. Everybody acting like the Niners are going to walk all over them.

Seattle has a shot to win.
Seattle’s run game is leaking oil now and is banged up. Carolina turned them over when they needed to lean on Geno too much. Niners defense is lights out. I expect a low scoring competitive game that the Niners find a way to win.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah on paper everything points to a 9ers win.

They are hot on both sides of the ball and I might be wrong but I believe a win clinches the division for them so they have plenty of motivation to win and lock up that playoff spot.

Hawks on the other hand have really cooled off and nearly have a 4 game losing streak against teams with losing records. Geno playing way better than expected has given them more wins than predicted but they are starting to look more like the team we thought they'd be before the season started.

Not to mention the first match up the 9ers defense shut out the Hawk's offense and while I don't expect that to happen this matchup it's hard for me to see Geno and company lighting up the scoreboard either.

On the flipside the Hawk's defense is weakest where the 9ers offense is strongest with running the ball and your facing CMC this time and not Jeff Wilson Jr. like you did this first matchup.

Despite saying all that there have been plenty of matchups between the two where the 9ers on paper should've won but lost especially in Seattle.
Agreed .. I think the 49rs rivalry with Seattle always makes it tough because the teams get up for it, even if one of the teams has the edge talent wise, which the Niners do right now …

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Co-sign. Philly (and the rest of the NFC) really benefitted from Jimmy G’s misfortune. By the time Purdy gets ready to make his first playoff start there will be 4-5 games of film on him. That can be exploited.
yeah kinda like with Nick Foles. We all know how that ended.

Or

Like Tom Brady (yes I am gonna have fun with this reference until I can no longer do it) :D

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed .. I think the 49rs rivalry with Seattle always makes it tough because the teams get up for it, even if one of the teams has the edge talent wise, which the Niners do right now …
well division rivalries are always the wild card. The worst in the division could beat the best in the division on any given Sunday. So the top two playing, anyone could win.
Hell the #1 Eagles lost to at the time the 4th best in the division. You just never know. Their only lost.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah kinda like with Nick Foles. We all know how that ended.

Or

Like Tom Brady (yes I am gonna have fun with this reference until I can no longer do it) :D
The Pederson Eagles actually changed things up big time during the first round bye. They went back to Foles tape from Chip Kelly that produced 27 TDs and 2 INTS and installed that RPO scheme Foles thrived in. Caught teams by surprise.