• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers without Jimmy?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each game he looks more and more legit...first road game, no problem

When Seattle had them pinned on the half yard line after a punt, and he was taking snaps in his end zone, and the crowd was as noisy as it can be, he looked cool and composed, and very Montanaish.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought highly of Shanahan... I think a lot of the success for his has to do with the situational coaching that Kyle implements... He has a winning formula... One that is efficient and it helps the QB position quite a bit... SF has a great coaching staff all the way around...

Just give someone else the controls for the 4th quarter of Super Bowls

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least, Purdy is playing ball management at a high level, certainly higher than one would expect from a Mr. Irrelevant draft pick. Now throw in what is at this point the NFL's best defense and you have the formula for a team making a case to advance deep in the playoffs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not patting myself on the back, but I remember watching Purdy at Iowa State and remember saying this kid can play in the NFL. I lost track of him had no idea he was Mr. Irrelevant, not saying he will be great but sometime the NFL just misses on a kid.

So yeah I think the 9ers are in decent shape to make a real run.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy looks legit. He's definitely not Nick Mullens, LOL.
Looks every bit the part thus far. Great game planning is a huge asset.
This last trade just might do it. The coaching staff seems to be an advantage against any team and that's also huge.
We'll see, but SF can win anywhere, home field isn't that big a deal for them.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Purdy has over some early in the draft QB picks (also later drafted QB's) is he played a lot of games in College. He might have one of the highest amount of starts in College as a QB of most of the drafted QB's in the league. It might be better for their careers if QB's stayed in College to get more experience but there is so much pressure to get paid with possible injuries affecting any possible NFL career.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but there is so much pressure to get paid with possible injuries affecting any possible NFL career.
I hate players skipping bowl games to prepare for the draft. Just kills all that brothers in arms crap talk.

Me has become a business...many times that's a mistake

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks every bit the part thus far. Great game planning is a huge asset.
This last trade just might do it. The coaching staff seems to be an advantage against any team and that's also huge.
We'll see, but SF can win anywhere, home field isn't that big a deal for them.

I liked everything I saw expect when I look at it with eyes of a Cowboys Fan.

....than a little apprehension set in.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Purdy has over some early in the draft QB picks (also later drafted QB's) is he played a lot of games in College. He might have one of the highest amount of starts in College as a QB of most of the drafted QB's in the league. It might be better for their careers if QB's stayed in College to get more experience but there is so much pressure to get paid with possible injuries affecting any possible NFL career.

Purdy never really exploded in college after that freshman year, but he was a very steady starter... and at a school that isn't exactly known for recruiting top talent.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy never really exploded in college after that freshman year, but he was a very steady starter... and at a school that isn't exactly known for recruiting top talent.

Yup. He never took that next step forward

But with the way they regressed this year showed something else was well

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL go easy man. The playoffs will be where we learn that maybe. Also the Washington game.

But so far he's on track to be that.

I know it sounds overly exuberant, but the Jimmy standard isn't that high.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds overly exuberant, but the Jimmy standard isn't that high.
It's just too soon to say. Jimmy had playoff success for one thing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just too soon to say. Jimmy had playoff success for one thing.

I'm not talking about career accomplishments. I'm just talking about who is better for the team this season and right now. Jimmy has no mobility anymore and he doesn't throw deep. If Jimmy were somehow miraculously available to play right now, I think you have to stay with Purdy.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about career accomplishments. I'm just talking about who is better for the team this season and right now. Jimmy has no mobility anymore and he doesn't throw deep. If Jimmy were somehow miraculously available to play right now, I think you have to stay with Purdy.
Purdy doesn't throw deep either, but you're right about the mobility. If he keeps looking good including when the games get tougher (playoffs) I suspect you are right and they will stick with him even if Jimmy is back from his injury.

Then do they bring him back? Between Purdy and Lance probably not. I could see Jimmy getting the Arizona job next year while they wait for Murray to come back.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy doesn't throw deep either, but you're right about the mobility. If he keeps looking good including when the games get tougher (playoffs) I suspect you are right and they will stick with him even if Jimmy is back from his injury.

Then do they bring him back? Between Purdy and Lance probably not. I could see Jimmy getting the Arizona job next year while they wait for Murray to come back.

With how conservative Shanahan was with Jimmy, maybe it's been reprogrammed in my mind that anything beyond 15 yards is a deep pass. LOL. It seems like Purdy is already doing better than Jimmy in making the opposing defense cover more of the field. Plus, defenses have to cover for longer because Purdy extends plays with his mobility.

Jimmy must be gone. The Niners have two replacements for him now. The more interesting question is what happens with Lance if Purdy keeps playing well?