• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers without Jimmy?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how conservative Shanahan was with Jimmy, maybe it's been reprogrammed in my mind that anything beyond 15 yards is a deep pass. LOL. It seems like Purdy is already doing better than Jimmy in making the opposing defense cover more of the field. Plus, defenses have to cover for longer because Purdy extends plays with his mobility.

Jimmy must be gone. The Niners have two replacements for him now. The more interesting question is what happens with Lance if Purdy keeps playing well?
It does seem Shanahan is more open to stuff with Purdy. Like I said, still too soon to tell, defenses are going to start learning about Purdy and we'll see if Shanahan and Purdy can adjust.

Lance is even more of an enigma. It could very well be that he loses his job to Purdy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem Shanahan is more open to stuff with Purdy. Like I said, still too soon to tell, defenses are going to start learning about Purdy and we'll see if Shanahan and Purdy can adjust.

Lance is even more of an enigma. It could very well be that he loses his job to Purdy.
yeah Jimmy G is gone after this year regardless.
I am curious if Trey go to 2nd string permanently if Purdy gets them deep into playoffs. (or tries to trade him)
Already heard kyle say Purdy smarter than any rookie he has seen *looks over at Trey*

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, we can make it work but we need a stud NT and some dam good LB’s, 3-4 can be a good defense with the right personnel… But you better have a beast NT and some dam good DE with LB’s that know what they’re doing … I love the 3-4 for passing situations, works nice for that..
Early mocks at #2 have Seattle taking the Carter kid

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, the 49ers made it to the Superbowl with Kaepernick. They could go deep with a decent game manager.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, the 49ers made it to the Superbowl with Kaepernick. They could go deep with a decent game manager.
Like the time they went to the SuperBowl with Jimmy "Decent Game Manager" Garoppolo and were one overthrown pass from winning.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also the modern NFL. Even an average talent at QB can put up good stats. Look at Jimmy and Tua this year. Maybe this also explains Purdy's stats from yesterday, but it is encouraging to see that he can move pretty well and he dares to throw it deep. Jimmy doesn't do those things.
Why is tua averae?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is tua averae?

Why does he have average talent compared to other NFL QB's? I don't know why, but he simply isn't blessed with the gifts of someone like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, or Justin Herbert.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Unless Purdy has an amazing playoff run I'd still say they lean on Lance being QB1 to start with Purdy lurking close behind if Lance stumbles.

The issue with Lance is he needs a chance to play, struggle, and grow from experience to reach his full potential.

Purdy started 46 games in college and Lance has started 17 so it's only natural Purdy can step in better than a lot of rookies because of all that experience.

What I need to see from Purdy now is what do you do when you're down 10 in the 4th quarter and you need to throw to get back into the game. Because odds are you're going to have to win at least one if not more games on with your arm in the playoffs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Purdy has an amazing playoff run I'd still say they lean on Lance being QB1 to start with Purdy lurking close behind if Lance stumbles.

The issue with Lance is he needs a chance to play, struggle, and grow from experience to reach his full potential.

Purdy started 46 games in college and Lance has started 17 so it's only natural Purdy can step in better than a lot of rookies because of all that experience.

What I need to see from Purdy now is what do you do when you're down 10 in the 4th quarter and you need to throw to get back into the game. Because odds are you're going to have to win at least one if not more games on with your arm in the playoffs

Lance has 3 years of rust to knock off. I hope he can do it. Only 1 game in his last year of college, backed up Jimmy in his rookie season, and 1.25 games this season.

Being down 10 in the 4th quarter results in a loss more often than not even for the best QB's. If Purdy engineers such a comeback this season, he would have next year's starting job secured.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on the radio here in SF compared Purdy-Mania to Lin-sanity (Jeremy Lin)..a lot of parallels there for sure. Hope Brock doesn't go the same route.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he have average talent compared to other NFL QB's? I don't know why, but he simply isn't blessed with the gifts of someone like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, or Justin Herbert.
Neither was brady, doesnt mean he isnt a good qb. Kyle boller had awesome gift's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everything looks great in SF, but that Lance trade was stupid, no matter how you slice it.
Nothing wrong with being lucky.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything looks great in SF, but that Lance trade was stupid, no matter how you slice it.
Nothing wrong with being lucky.

If Purdy turns out to be an average NFL starting QB, then the Niners did indeed get lucky. At least they'll have that position covered despite all the draft capital they gave up for someone who has barely played in the last 3 years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Purdy turns out to be an average NFL starting QB, then the Niners did indeed get lucky. At least they'll have that position covered despite all the draft capital they gave up for someone who has barely played in the last 3 years.
He’s AJ Feely. He serves his purpose this year and then some team desperate for QB gives you a 2nd round pick for Mr. Irrelevant.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we both know the goal was championships when that trade was made. Thus the lucky remark.

SF looks strong for a run as long as Purdy doesn't turns into a TO machine.